Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    He is working at it. He is coming today and is requiring the Contractor guy to be here when he is. (he is not supposed to be able to do that). The guy has someone coming to his house to fix an appliance at what should have been when he was home. We all know the inspector will show up way late because he is being an RC. I also had plans for this afternoon but now I can't do them either. I would ask for him to show me code but honestly he is such an a55 I would be afraid of what he would do next. Even if he is proven wrong he can still gum up the works while we prove it. The contractor so far has decided to do what ever he asks, even if it is totally stupid and ridiculous.
    I'd rather be there when inspector is there, that way any issues get settled right then.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Twenty-two.
      Twenty. Two.

That's how many telemarketer calls I got yesterday (two lines).
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Your perpetual gear grinders... things that always will annoy you?
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Energy bars. Basically expensive candy bars sold under "healthy food."

After 14 marathons, etc... I switched off them. Realized I can do better with whole food.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Energy bars. Basically expensive candy bars sold under "healthy food."

After 14 marathons, etc... I switched off them. Realized I can do better with whole food.
            I've been told by registered dieticians, that after an exhaustive activity like that, it's better to get in a healthy serving of protein rather than the carbs that come from a Clif bar, or its non-union Mexican equivalents. You'd want to eat the Clif bar, or equivalent, before the run, not after.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              I've been told by registered dieticians, that after an exhaustive activity like that, it's better to get in a healthy serving of protein rather than the carbs that come from a Clif bar, or its non-union Mexican equivalents. You'd want to eat the Clif bar, or equivalent, before the run, not after.
              Poor wording on my part. I've run 14 marathons, etc, using Clif/energy bars as a pre-race source of fuel before every one of them. I realized I can do a lot better with whole foods this year. I'm looking at bagels, toast with peanut butter, possibly making my own pre-race bar.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                possibly making my own pre-race bar.
                Go with 5 pounds of spaghetti: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cLAq01y9qU

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Inspection passed. Onward!

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Inspection passed. Onward!
                    Do I have to dig another lock for the Panama Canal?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

In Holland, MI, green lights mean go if you want to.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        In Holland, MI, green lights mean go if you want to.
                        Yellow = floor it?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Red means stop
                          Green means go
                          Yellow means go faster
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Yellow = floor it?
                            Pretty much. The person in front of me is texting, playing with their hair, smoking, etc.

Comment

Dunno how it is elsewhere, but there is a huge increase with timers on the crosswalks/stoplights in MN. Usually it starts at 10-15 seconds, displayed. Helps not only the pedestrians, but also the drivers.

Also an increase in the blinking yellow lights for left-turners (yield until you have an opportunity to turn). SO much better than waiting through the next cycle of lights to get the green.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Lights in Bangkok have timers counting down in big red blocks over the intersections
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X