Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Its funny to me people are jumping to ban detergent pods to save stupid people from themselves.
    Dash. Underscore. Dash. What moron thinks that's going to help?

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      The little kids are one thing. The pods do kinda look like candy, and that's problematic.

It's the 13-year-old edgelords who have made it a joke and want those sweet sweet YouTube views that are the problem.
      This.

For a 4-5 year old, without any context of where the item came from, they might think it's some sort of candy. It's bright blue/orange, heck, it could be a Gusher (assuming those still exist). Yes it would be best if they checked with a parent what it is, but for a 4-5 year old they can still make impulsive decisions.

For a teenager, banning it isn't going to do any good. They know at that point what it is. That's the whole point to them, that they're biting into something they shouldn't. If you get rid of the pods, for all we know next month there's a Tide Powder challenge or a Tide Liquid challenge. The point to them isn't that it looks like candy and they're confused, the point is they're teenagers and purposely trying to be idiots.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

If you're 13 years old, and you're stupid enough to eat laundry detergent*....well, you probably deserve what you get.

*With the exception of actual handicapped people, that really don't know better
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          If you're 13 years old, and you're stupid enough to eat laundry detergent*....well, you probably deserve what you get.
          yeah, I don't see the problem here. Natural selection has pretty much been eliminated for humans, so this might help us as a species.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            My point is, if you can’t teach a kid not to eat things that go in the washer, then you’ve probably failed miserably as a parent. Laundry soap, pods, bleach, Downey, those go in the washer, not your mouth. Pot roast, vegetables, various snacks, those go in your mouth, not the washer. I would hope a halfway decent parent can teach that lesson by about 1st grade, give or take.

Look. When I was 13, I was a knucklehead. So were you. So was every other boy who was 13 at one point in time. I did a mini-****ton of stupid stuff. But I had enough sense to not eat something that wasn’t what could reasonably be considered “food”.
            Um no. THe parents teach all sorts of things- don't use drugs, drink to excess, have sex without a condom. Kids do that all stuff all the time no matter how much the parent beats them over the head. This is no different.

ANd they have been trying to ban those pod things since they came out because of the little kids. The companies responded by changing packaging

Comment

The local Walgreen's here has now allegedly put the pods behind glass.

I can't wait to get carded for laundry detergent.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

This is...not helping.

http://nbc4i.com/2018/01/18/donut-sh...ble-tide-pods/
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

They're not the only ones. http://www.syracuse.com/state/index....ods_pizza.html

Comment

people who, when they don't understand an answer, just ask the same question again.

if you are going to ask me the exact same question - you are getting the exact same answer.

if you don't understand the answer, then you need to ask a DIFFERENT QUESTION - not just repeat the same thing. obviously you didn't get it, but if you just repeat yourself, I don't know WHAT you didn't get. ask me a question about what I said or the piece you didn't understand. do not just repeat the same effing thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                      people who, when they don't understand an answer, just ask the same question again.

if you are going to ask me the exact same question - you are getting the exact same answer.

if you don't understand the answer, then you need to ask a DIFFERENT QUESTION - not just repeat the same thing. obviously you didn't get it, but if you just repeat yourself, I don't know WHAT you didn't get. ask me a question about what I said or the piece you didn't understand. do not just repeat the same effing thing.
                      Only reason I ever ask the same question is because the person didn't answer the specific question I asked, but rather a tangent.

Comment

Donuts go in your mouth.... Laundry detergent does not...

I fail to see the problem here...

Just cause I ate a cookie shaped like a pine tree over Christmas, it doesn't mean I'm gnawing on a pine cone after New Years Day....
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Idiots.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post

More often than not this is a client who doesn't like the answer you gave them, so they try asking again in a different way, hoping that they can catch you saying something contradictory.

Comment

USU student hospitalized after eating Tide Pod.

This quote is my favorite:
                              “I think that it’s stupid that anyone would even attempt to eat laundry detergent,” student John Hilton told ABC 4 News. “That’s why I’m going to college, I consider myself more intelligent than that.”
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Should have let him die...
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X