Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Elevator rushers.

The door is not a two way street. It's one way at a time. **** man...
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      People who use bad fonts.

I just got an out-of-office from someone in Script MT Bold. *shudder*
      Could be worse... it could be Comic Sans!
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        Could be worse... it could be Comic Sans!
        There are far worse choices. Comic sans is at least readable.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          People who use bad fonts.

I just got an out-of-office from someone in Script MT Bold. *shudder*
          In an actual professional business correspondence (signature excepted)?

I bet they microwave fish for lunch, too....
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

"Did you see the game last night?"

"Yeah" *proceeds to only talk about how it affected his fantasy team*
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              "Did you see the game last night?"

"Yeah" *proceeds to only talk about how it affected his fantasy team*
              Totally agree. Betraying my old fart-ishness, but I hate the fantasy league concept.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                In an actual professional business correspondence (signature excepted)?

I bet they microwave fish for lunch, too....
                Signatures are NOT exempted. Use a goddam normal font like an adult.

And we had some dingus microwave some very pungent sauerkraut last week. The guy in the cube behind mine actually got up and asked if someone was really microwaving sauerkraut. It was awful.
                Code:

Comment

Elevator rushers.

The door is not a two way street. It's one way at a time. **** man...

Hmm... I came here to post about a closely-related gear-grinder: people waiting for an elevator on the ground floor who stand right up against the doors. Let the people get off first, dimwit. I actually had to walk up to a person once until my nose was about 3" away from his until he'd step aside and let me off.
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Signatures are NOT exempted. Use a goddam normal font like an adult.

And we had some dingus microwave some very pungent sauerkraut last week. The guy in the cube behind mine actually got up and asked if someone was really microwaving sauerkraut. It was awful.
                    I eat mine cold. There's actually beneficial bacteria on cabbage and heat kills it. That crap in a can is pasteurized so that process has already killed the bacteria. Jarred or bagged is the way to go.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      I eat mine cold. There's actually beneficial bacteria on cabbage and heat kills it. That crap in a can is pasteurized so that process has already killed the bacteria. Jarred or bagged is the way to go.
                      I also eat it cold, and I don't like it cooked. Raw tastes much better anyway. I remember some butcher shop I used to go to trying to tell me that I want cooked sauerkraut. Sorry Charlie, fresh is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        I eat mine the right way. By putting it in the garbage. Blech.
                        Code:

Comment

The entire point of kraut (and it's Asian cousin kimchi), is that it's an uncooked, fermented/rotting product.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            The entire point of kraut (and it's Asian cousin kimchi), is that it's an uncooked, fermented/rotting product.
                            and as far as I can tell, the only decent use of sauerkraut is as a garnish on a hot dog purchased from a street vendor. Otherwise, cole slaw is preferable IMHO.
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Signatures are NOT exempted.
                              Mentioning email signatures ...

There's a thing called "signal to noise" ratio. Count the characters in the actual message (including subject line) and call it signal; count the characters in the signature and call it noise. Do the "(signal/noise)" math. If the value is under 2 your signature is too long.

If you find yourself frequently under 2:
                              - set up your email to not include the signature on replies in email threads
                              - shorten your signature!

The world does not need the following on every < bleeping! > email from you:

Haywood Jablowme, MS, CPA, CRM, MIC, KEY, MOU, SE
                              Senior Managing Underwriter to the Executive Assistant Oversight Supervisor, Nightshift
                              North East Division, Mail Stop M2B14/3
                              Overbloated Sand Pounders United Inc.
                              123 Large Jerk Circle
                              Wherever, SomeState, USA 98765
                              O: (xxx) 867-5309
                              C: (xxx) 634-5789
                              HeyJablowme@obspuinc.com

"We know how and where to Pound Sand! Just ask us!"
                              < include a couple obscure trade industry certification/award logos here >
                              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-28-2017, 12:28 PM.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Mentioning email signatures ...

There's a thing called "signal to noise" ratio. Count the characters in the actual message (including subject line) and call it signal; count the characters in the signature and call it noise. Do the "(signal/noise)" math. If the value is under 2 your signature is too long.

If you find yourself frequently over 2:
                                - set up your email to not include the signature on replies in email threads
                                - shorten your signature!

The world does not need the following on every < bleeping! > email from you:
                                A proper signature should include:
                                Full Name
                                Position - Company
                                Phone - Mobile
                                Address

The signature should be on every email you send. It helps delineate individual messages in long threads.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X