Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Speaking of vultures... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq61z4H91JQ

Music references ftw. Yeah, there's probably a thread for that.

Comment

Tires Plus* ruined my tire when they repaired it. So now, five months later it stopped holding air again I brought it into Discount to fix it. They showed me the tire and it was a fu-king mess. They tore everything up inside and ground it down to the point you could see and feel the damage.

Unfortunately for me, my 33,000-mile MDX needed new tires all around. All were under 4/32”.

My mustang went 60,000 before the OEMs were shot.

*I had to go to Tires Plus because it was later on a Saturday and needed to get the tire fixed so I could travel on Sunday and Monday. I wasn’t happy then and I’m pi-sed now.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Dude next to me on flight this week watched a movie on his phone without headphones. Lots of explosions in whatever it was.
        Spend $25 on headphones you fat effing d-bag. Also you smell

Comment

Our area was whacked by Snowmageddon. 1+ft of snow in a few hours. Multiple trees down across wires, transformers blown, looks like a war zone. We have crews from every driveable state here. 95% of most of the surrounding towns were without power. People whining because they aren't getting power fast enough grinds my gears. THese guys are amazing. It is cold, we have had snow squalls, the are out chainsawing thru brush, trees, and what all. Stop whining at them people. Magic only happens in the movies. You aren't as important as the places that have nursing homes or elderly housing etc. People are so entitled.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Tires Plus* ruined my tire when they repaired it. So now, five months later it stopped holding air again I brought it into Discount to fix it. They showed me the tire and it was a fu-king mess. They tore everything up inside and ground it down to the point you could see and feel the damage.

Unfortunately for me, my 33,000-mile MDX needed new tires all around. All were under 4/32”.

*I had to go to Tires Plus because it was later on a Saturday and needed to get the tire fixed so I could travel on Sunday and Monday. I wasn’t happy then and I’m pi-sed now.
            Discount is solid. Tires Plus is very hit or miss, depending on location.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I’ve never felt like I was being sold a bill of goods at Discount. And I’ve been to four or five of them.

Tires Plus I’ve been to three and been pi-sed with both. One for selling me **** tires (I was young and dumb), one for ruining my tire.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I’ve never felt like I was being sold a bill of goods at Discount. And I’ve been to four or five of them.

Tires Plus I’ve been to three and been pi-sed with both. One for selling me **** tires (I was young and dumb), one for ruining my tire.
                My brother used to work for them when he was a yute. Hated it, because the majority of workers were shyte. FTR, he's gotten Employee of the Year awards at two dealerships since then. Needless to say, he wasn't one of the shyte TP employees.

And has been the head of the mechanic's dept at a dealership for the past 5 years.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Discount always has done right by me above and beyond anyone else. One time it took Tires Plus two hours (and a call from my dad) to figure out which you're was flat.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I give my celebrity endorsement to Discount Tires. I used to work at a tire shop...not Tires Plus, and I can say DT has done a good job for the last three sets of tires I've had to purchase.

What were your OEM tires, do you know? There should've been a 40K mileage warranty on them, unless you had alignment or other types of suspension issues.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      I give my celebrity endorsement to Discount Tires. I used to work at a tire shop...not Tires Plus, and I can say DT has done a good job for the last three sets of tires I've had to purchase.

What were your OEM tires, do you know? There should've been a 40K mileage warranty on them, unless you had alignment or other types of suspension issues.
                      Michelins of some sort. I really should have asked, but DT said that OEMs generally don't have warranties.

ETA: DT has been great to our family as well.
                      Code:

Comment

OEMs generally don't have warranties.
                        On a new car? Of course they do...
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                        Northeast Regional:
                        West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                          On a new car? Of course they do...
                          I looked. 50,000 km. Or 31,250 mi. I was at 33,300. :-/

ETA: Actually, that was for a specific type of tire. My real warranty was in the glovebox. I'll need to dig that out just to see. Because at this point, I have no recourse because I didn't save the tires. Which you are required to do if Michelin wants you to make them available.
                          Last edited by dxmnkd316; 03-12-2018, 03:51 PM.
                          Code:

Comment

I looked. 50,000 km. Or 31,250 mi. I was at 33,300. :-/

ETA: Actually, that was for a specific type of tire. My real warranty was in the glovebox. I'll need to dig that out just to see. Because at this point, I have no recourse because I didn't save the tires. Which you are required to do if Michelin wants you to make them available.
                            If you go to a place like Discount Tire, or your dealer, they'll generally work with the manufacturer to get the warranty. Basically, the stores are empowered by the various suppliers to make warranty decisions. Usually, though, the stores will only handle that type of work if you purchased the bad tires through them.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              If you go to a place like Discount Tire, or your dealer, they'll generally work with the manufacturer to get the warranty. Basically, the stores are empowered by the various suppliers to make warranty decisions. Usually, though, the stores will only handle that type of work if you purchased the bad tires through them.
                              Yeah, DT told me OEMs didn't usually carry a warranty. So I guess YMMV...? :-/
                              Code:

Comment

If US sports channels have a Spanish language secondary audio channel, how come Spanish language sports channels (ie Univision) don't have an English language alternative?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X