Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    We have a poster in the NMU thread that loves to copy and paste articles without citing the source. We've asked him to stop multiple times.
    Did B.W.K. get another screen name?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Did B.W.K. get another screen name?
      BWK was an account run "for the lulz" by a Tech fan and two NMU fans, IIRC. I doubt it's a planned retread - this guy just seems to be a standard Marquette ignoramus.

Comment

"Stick to spr0ts!!!" people on social media when a sportswriter dares share their opinion on a political issue on their personal account.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          "Stick to spr0ts!!!" people on social media when a sportswriter dares share their opinion on a political issue on their personal account.
          "What a MORON!!".....when that same sportswriter dares shares their opinion on sports.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

You do know the Obama administration teamed with the NFL to be a propaganda arm of the government, yes? That's why they're interjecting political opinion into sports casts.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              You do know the Obama administration teamed with the NFL to be a propaganda arm of the government, yes? That's why they're interjecting political opinion into sports casts.
              Doesn't this go to the Conspiracy thread? Fits in right after we find out the secret message on the album by playing it backwards.

Comment

"Stick to music" - when it's a musician

"Stick to acting" - when it's an actor

"Stick to food" - when it's Bourdain or Zimmern

All variations on the same theme - "I disagree, so shut up!"

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Doesn't this go to the Conspiracy thread? Fits in right after we find out the secret message on the album by playing it backwards.
                It's not a conspiracy when the voices in your head tell you that it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  The best part is it's a total whiff, because what prompted me was Peter Gammons. I'm not sure if he's ever written an article about football, let alone the NFL.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

The best part is it's a total whiff, because what prompted me was Peter Gammons. I'm not sure if he's ever written an article about football, let alone the NFL.
                    What did Gammons say/write?
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

In response to Trump's tweet of this:
                      The Trump base is far bigger & stronger than ever before (despite some phony Fake News polling). Look at rallies in Penn, Iowa, Ohio.......

Gammons responded with:
                      Rallies were biggest in history, like the crowd at the inauguration. For the base, of course, larger than for the "I have a dream" speech.

Cue a response wall of "stick to sports", "stick to baseball", "I don't follow you for your political take"

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

In response to Trump's tweet of this:
                        The Trump base is far bigger & stronger than ever before (despite some phony Fake News polling). Look at rallies in Penn, Iowa, Ohio.......

Gammons responded with:
                        Rallies were biggest in history, like the crowd at the inauguration. For the base, of course, larger than for the "I have a dream" speech.

Cue a response wall of "stick to sports", "stick to baseball", "I don't follow you for your political take"
                        Ah, ok. Without a twitter account I am blissfully unaware of most of the catfights that occur in that medium.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          Ah, ok. Without a twitter account I am blissfully unaware of most of the catfights that occur in that medium.
                          Me too. THe only way I know what is going on there is posts on here and the stupidityof the great orange one covered on the BBC (they only cover the most bizarre ones)

Comment

My doctor put me on a laxative... when I never complained about that.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Gotta love the pill pushers.

Comment

Maybe your doctor thought you needed to let loose a little?
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X