Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Four hours ago I started working from home. A quick BCP test with a "small" component upgrade for some Java apps. The BCP test worked fine, small hiccup that was solved quickly enough. Now the prod redeployment is taking forever because they forgot half the components in the automated install package. Now two devs are trying to fix it on the fly...

Did I mention that this app handles messaging for applications that process multiple billions of dollars each day? Tomorrow looks to be even more fun with this issue.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Four hours ago I started working from home. A quick BCP test with a "small" component upgrade for some Java apps. The BCP test worked fine, small hiccup that was solved quickly enough. Now the prod redeployment is taking forever because they forgot half the components in the automated install package. Now two devs are trying to fix it on the fly...

Did I mention that this app handles messaging for applications that process multiple billions of dollars each day? Tomorrow looks to be even more fun with this issue.
      oh oh

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        ...you have to TRUST that Amazon...
        Ahhhhhh, no.

I already think they've gone too far with their proposed "drone delivery".

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Ahhhhhh, no.

I won't sign up for it either. I just don't want to give however many people access to my home. If I'm not there, nobody is.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Ahhhhhh, no.

The next thing you know, you'll be getting messages like, "We noticed that some of your underwear is looking a little ragged"

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
              The next thing you know, you'll be getting messages like, "We noticed that some of your underwear is looking a little ragged"
              https://www.theonion.com/popular-new...and-1819917496
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

If you have an axe to grind in DC, this may be the place.

https://wtop.com/living/2017/11/bad-...owing/slide/1/
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

There is a new service, not sure if it is Amazon, probably is, that they come into your house and make sure all of your groceries are in stock. You just pick out what you want to cook/eat, and it is stocked for that week. They'll come in, throw out expired stuff, replace the essentials like milk and eggs, deliver and put away the items you need for the week, so its all there when you get home from work.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

In honor of family time this upcoming week...

"So when are you getting maaaaarrieeeed/having bayyyyyybeeeeees/starting a faaaaaaambleeeeee/making other monumental permanent LifeScript decision that may be a horribly wrong move for you but lets us cock-a-doodle-doo to our busybody neeeeeighbooooors?"
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

"So when are you getting maaaaarrieeeed/having bayyyyyybeeeeees/starting a faaaaaaambleeeeee/making other monumental permanent LifeScript decision that may be a horribly wrong move for you but lets us cock-a-doodle-doo to our busybody neeeeeighbooooors?"
                      My moms family is full of antichrists and my dads fam isn’t here, so now thanksgiving is just my parents, sister and I. It’s wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        My moms family is full of antichrists and my dads fam isn’t here, so now thanksgiving is just my parents, sister and I. It’s wonderful.
                        Think of all the mash potatoes and tupperware I could steal now!!
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Just tell them you're gay and seeing a trans Muslim. You will no longer be asked those questions.

I am eternally grateful neither Dr. Mrs.' nor my family gives a hoot about stuff like this.

In fact, I actually really like my in-laws. At least the ones who have not committed suicide.

Yet.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Thankfully, it's just me and my parents for Thanksgiving this year, and they've never worried about any of that stuff. Christmas in Florida with my grandparents will be another matter, but they never ask about relationships either. It's going to be more about surviving 4.5 days of intense boredom and my increasingly cranky grandfather.

Comment

"Don't take Repatha if you are allergic to it."

Um. Uh. How does one determine that unless one ...
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I only get that from my sister's-in-law uncle. He's a good guy, but I always get the question at least once from him. I don't mind, usually just shrug it off. I can handle a couple questions without my world crumbling.

Comment

Working...
                                X