Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Another day, another spam attack.
    Did somebody say Spam?

https://youtu.be/anwy2MPT5RE
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Got a call today from a number I didn't recognize. Declined the call (I almost never pick up for unrecognized numbers.) They didn't leave a voicemail.

5 minutes later my parents in Michigan texted me telling me that same number had called their landline. The caller did not ask for me by name, but said he was looking for the owner of my (correct) address. My parents said they knew who that was, but wanted to know what this was about. The caller said he must have had the wrong number and hung up.

Scam?
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        Got a call today from a number I didn't recognize. Declined the call (I almost never pick up for unrecognized numbers.) They didn't leave a voicemail.

5 minutes later my parents in Michigan texted me telling me that same number had called their landline. The caller did not ask for me by name, but said he was looking for the owner of my (correct) address. My parents said they knew who that was, but wanted to know what this was about. The caller said he must have had the wrong number and hung up.

Scam?
        If it's truly important you'll either get in certified mail or be served
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Everything is a scam.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Everything is a scam.
            Nietzsche, is that you?
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

People who constantly sniff- little sniff, little sniff, little sniff, sniff, sniff... BLOW YOUR NOSE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                People who constantly sniff- little sniff, little sniff, little sniff, sniff, sniff... BLOW YOUR NOSE!!!!
                (This person comes to visit us every week. Kind of like the pebble in the shoe that once you notice it it is more irritating)

I am going to kill someone if this sniffing doesn't stop soon!!!!!
                Last edited by leswp1; 03-28-2018, 07:22 PM.

Comment

There are forklift drivers in my plant that know the rules and keep safety first. Then there are those who think "I'm on the 5,000 pound death machine and you're not."
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

My work iPhone has been struggling to connect to Sprint all day. Yeah, I know, shut up.

So I called up IT and they were helpful enough to have me go through the normal checks and nothing worked. Then we tried updating the phone through the iPhone interface. Despite being on my work wifi it errored out and said I wasn't connected to the internet. Ok. So I downloaded it through iTunes and that errored out. I'm going to have to wait until Monday to get it fixed I'm guessing.
                    Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      My work iPhone has been struggling to connect to Sprint all day. Yeah, I know, shut up.

So I called up IT and they were helpful enough to have me go through the normal checks and nothing worked. Then we tried updating the phone through the iPhone interface. Despite being on my work wifi it errored out and said I wasn't connected to the internet. Ok. So I downloaded it through iTunes and that errored out. I'm going to have to wait until Monday to get it fixed I'm guessing.
                      Update your PRL (that seems to work on my droid).
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

How?
                        Code:

Comment

How?
                          For my droid, System Updates -> Update PRL. No idea how to do an iPhone.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

How?
                            Here let me Google that for you...
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I don’t think roaming is going to work in the twin cities
                              Code:

Comment

It's kinda misleading, because the PRL tells your cell phone what towers it should be using. If (for example) Sprint switched from using Verizon towers to boost signal, and now uses AT&T towers, the PRL on your phone may not show the change. The reason for manually refreshing the PRL is because sometimes over-the-air updates don't push properly to phones.

(* Don't reply me to explain the difference between VZW's CDMA network and AT&T's GSM. It was only an example.)

PRL was a much bigger deal a decade ago before these large telcos bought up all the smaller ones.

Short answer, yes, you shouldn't have to worry about updating the roaming profile since you're using the phone on its home network, but sometimes the home network is also boosted by "roaming" towers.

*edit* I had a dumb phone years ago that continued to use my old UP address as it's home network region, causing me to be "roaming" in Chicagoland, de-prioritizing my call over native Chicagoland cell phones (ie: not sending messages, dropping calls, disconnecting my call during rush hours). Same network (Verizon). Never changed plans other than updating billing to my new address. Once I updated the PRL, I never had issues again. Your mileage may vary.
                                Last edited by aparch; 04-02-2018, 12:13 AM.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X