Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 10: The Tommy Bridges edition

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Brad being Brad didn't replace Castellanos in RF with well, anyone who can actually field in the 9th to give Boyd a legit shot at a no hitter. Ah well.
    I don't blame Brad for much of this. He was not as good as Leyland but honestly the fans in Detroit blame every manager that has been in town for the last 30 years. Ausmus is no different. To even suggest that this non defensive replacement had any effect what so ever is unfair in the extreme. There's lots of things wrong with the team, but the manager's ability to affect the outcome is a lot less than any of the players. I expect whoever is next will have the fans on him within a month or two.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      There's two, JF...
      Three.

Our bullpen allowed a snowman in the 8th.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Might be the last time I use this for quite a while. God knows it's not going to get much use in 2018.

gianttiger

4-1 final.

The Tigers will avoid 100 losses. That's win #63.

We won't be able to say that next year.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

So the only drama this weekend is if Romine plays all 9 positions in a game.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            So the only drama this weekend is if Romine plays all 9 positions in a game.
            Won't happen.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              Won't happen.
              Just did.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

The best thing was some MN reporter going ape5hit on Twitter when Romine took the mound against Sano, saying he’s not worthy of pitching, he’s a freak show, Sano needs to see a “real” pitcher etc... then Romine got him out.... crickets....
                I think they should do it more often if it wins games😀
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  The best thing was some MN reporter going ape5hit on Twitter when Romine took the mound against Sano, saying he’s not worthy of pitching, he’s a freak show, Sano needs to see a “real” pitcher etc... then Romine got him out.... crickets....
                  I think they should do it more often if it wins games😀
                  I think he was referring to Sano needing to get his timing back, as hes been on the DL for a month.

Seeing a guy throw 70, isnt helping him get ready.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    I think he was referring to Sano needing to get his timing back, as hes been on the DL for a month.

Seeing a guy throw 70, isnt helping him get ready.
                    That’s what was funny. Romine topped out at 88, and the guy was whining that it’s the Tiger’s responsibility to help Sano get ready for playoff pitching.
                    ...and then he grounded out.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

It's not the Tigers' job to make sure that Sano is ready for the postseason. Sorry.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• I didnt see the rant. I was just taking an educated guess at it.
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

I’m not big on gimmicks, if it cost the game I would not approve. But no harm was done, Romine is probably a better pitcher than half their actual pitchers 😀

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            I’m not big on gimmicks, if it cost the game I would not approve. But no harm was done, Romine is probably a better pitcher than half their actual pitchers 😀
                            We've lost 97 games. The harm was done long ago. I'm good with it once in a great while (maybe every decade or so). And had the Twins scored 10 off of him to blow the game open, I still would have been good.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              It's not the Tigers' job to make sure that Sano is ready for the postseason. Sorry.
                              No one on the Tigers' pitching staff prepares one for professional, let alone postseason baseball.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Might be the last time I use this for quite a while. God knows it's not going to get much use in 2018.

gianttiger

4-1 final.

The Tigers will avoid 100 losses. That's win #63.

We won't be able to say that next year.
                                Hey, the twins made the playoffs this year. You never know.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X