Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 10: The Tommy Bridges edition

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    They both belong in the Outer Circle, but that fight was lost ages ago.
    Alan Trammell is one of the Top 10-12 SS of all-time. No Outer Circle there.

I can see the argument against Jack Morris, but I believe he was better than his numbers. Throw in a pretty good postseason record (he literally is the reason why the Tigers won in '84 and the Twins won in '91), and he should have made it in through the Writers.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Thank you.

Comment

Now Fulmer talks are heating up.

Who's going to pitch? We've got to have SOMEONE in the rotation that can get us past the 5th inning.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Now Fulmer talks are heating up.

Who's going to pitch? We've got to have SOMEONE in the rotation that can get us past the 5th inning.
          We even got rid of emergency pitcher Romine!
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

I can see the argument against Jack Morris, but I believe he was better than his numbers. Throw in a pretty good postseason record (he literally is the reason why the Tigers won in '84 and the Twins won in '91), and he should have made it in through the Writers.
            Im happy for Jack. But he was terrible in 92 post season, and didnt pitch in 93 post season. But has 4 rings!
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I think we have one less second baseman. Rumors have Kinsler traded to the Angels.

Be back in a little while.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Both the Freep and Ken Rosenthal are reporting it. I have no idea what we got back.

I have to go blow snow. I'll see what we've got when I get back.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Im happy for Jack. But he was terrible in 92 post season, and didnt pitch in 93 post season. But has 4 rings!
                  For however "terrible" Morris was in '92, his performance from '84 and '91, more than make up for it. He went a combined 7-0, with 3 World Series complete games, including one of the greatest clutch pitching performances in the history of the sport.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Now we're dealing with Kinsler's NTC.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Angels had the worst farm system last year, though reading Baseball America it looks like they improvd slightly. Still, doesn't look like we'll be getting too much out of this.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Well, at the same time, I'm not sure how much we thought we were going to get for a 36 year old 2B on the last year of his contract.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Now official per Rosenthal.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Per Katie Strang: RHP Wilkel Hernandez and OF Troy Montgomery

In short, not much. #20 and #24 in the Angels' farm system.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Wilkel Hernandez is 18, and barely has his feet wet. He hasn't been out of rookie ball yet.

Troy Montgomery just turned 23 and got a cup of coffee in AA. Decent OBP, but I can't glean much else.

God, that was fun...

Comment

This rebuild is going to take a dozen years when a competent GM fixes Avila's farkups
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X