Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 10: The Tommy Bridges edition

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Hey, the twins made the playoffs this year. You never know.
    We've got a full-blown rebuild on our hands here. If we lose less than 100 next year, our manager should be a Manager of the Year candidate.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      It's not the Tigers' job to make sure that Sano is ready for the postseason. Sorry.
      Twins PBP guy was a complete horsesarse about it in yesterday's broadcast. Just sit back and enjoy the (very cool) moment instead of acting like the Tigers peed in your baby formula.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Season over.

5-1 loss to the Twins closes the show.

64-98 is the final record. #2 overall pick in the draft next spring.

EDIT: The Tigers will pick #1 in next year's draft.
        Last edited by Hammer; 10-01-2017, 05:43 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Season over.

5-1 loss to the Twins closes the show.

64-98 is the final record. #2 overall pick in the draft next spring.

EDIT: The Tigers will pick #1 in next year's draft.
          We can thank Pablo Sandoval.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

That's some "quality" work to get the #1 pick once Verlander got traded. Might have won 72-74 games if they hadn't dealt him.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

The biggest thing the Tigers need to acquire/develop this offseason is an innings eating starter. Maybe two of them. I'm talking about a guy who you know you can give the ball to, and know that he can give you at least 5-6 innings on a regular basis, even if it takes 100-110 pitches and maybe allows 4-5-6 runs. We can't have the Chad Bells, Buck Farmers, and Drew VerHagens of the franchise making a start and getting lifted from the game by the end of the 4th inning because it's 7-2 and they're at 95 pitches through 3 1/3. That is what will wear out a bullpen in a hurry. I don't care if you have a bullpen chock full of Mariano Riveras. Any pen will be gassed by mid-July if we're asking them to get 12+ outs a couple nights a week.

The position players are going to be fairly young next year. The only veterans we're going to see on the regular are McCann, Kinsler, Castellanos, Miggy and Mahtook. I wouldn't be surprised to see Iggy non-tendered, since Kinsler's contract is now guaranteed for next year, and Machado is probably ready to play everyday. Candelario is likely our everyday 3B, and then we're going to probably try to force one of the kids (Gerber or Stewart) into left field. Alex Pressley is a #4 outfielder. We're not going to get much production out of him if he's going to play everyday.

Tighten that seatbelt. This is going to be a bumpy ride the next couple years.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                That's some "quality" work to get the #1 pick once Verlander got traded. Might have won 72-74 games if they hadn't dealt him.
                This team went 6-24 in September-October to pull it off.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                  Twins PBP guy was a complete horsesarse about it in yesterday's broadcast. Just sit back and enjoy the (very cool) moment instead of acting like the Tigers peed in your baby formula.
                  Who was it?
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Who was it?
                    Bremer

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

That's surprising
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• October 14, 2006: Magglio Ordonez smashes a home run to left against the A's, sending the Tigers to the World Series.

October 14, 1984: Tigers win the World Series over the Padres.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Tigers are going to hire Ron Gardenhire as their manager. *shrug* Nice enough guy, so good for him for collecting a check to watch this team lose over 100 games next year.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                            Tigers are going to hire Ron Gardenhire as their manager. *shrug* Nice enough guy, so good for him for collecting a check to watch this team lose over 100 games next year.
                            They will battle
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Well, they're half a dozen years from being competitive again, so sure, whatever. You could put an AI from MLB: The Show for all the good it's going to do.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Well, if that's the way he wants to end his managerial career, so be it.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X