Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the plurality of Americans.
    Well, there are two classes of people who hated Hill. The Republicans don't hate her out of misogyny. There may be misogyny there but they hated her because of a knee jerk reflex against the "D." The Democrats are the group that potentially decided based on sexism, but I really don't see it. If Democrats have a problem with reflexively hating a gender, it's men.

Don't overthink it. She was just a sh-tty candidate. Sometimes a cigar... no, better find another analogy with that family.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Her opinion didn't matter when it mattered most. Her vote did, but her vote was no more or less than any other Senator. She has a background in Health Care policy and may be the most qualified person on the hill in that area yet 13 Men were chosen to write the lastest Health Care bill.

Yeah, she made it.

Hillary accomplished something besides being 1 of 100 votes.
      Great job minimizing her accomplishments. She is one of the few independent voices in the senate right now and holds more power than most.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Independent? Don't make me laugh.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Great job minimizing her accomplishments. She is one of the few independent voices in the senate right now and holds more power than most.
          Her most important moment was now. And she failed. I don't know how anyone could see it any other way.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm not sure Collins has that many real accomplishments but she certainly wins an award for tight rope walking. She's managed not to be toppled by either a wackadoodle primary challenge or a Democrat in the general for 20 years.

Other than that she's basically Cal Ripken. She's famous for showing up -- she has, or had, an insane streak of never missing a vote.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Her most important moment was now. And she failed. I don't know how anyone could see it any other way.
              Aren't you happy it didn't pass? What exactly were you expecting?
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Aren't you happy it didn't pass? What exactly were you expecting?
                I'm expecting solutions to problems. Of which she offered none and neither did any of her colleagues or the Democrats. Health Care is a disaster in this country and they're all playing the part of Nero.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm in the group that strongly despises her. I think she might be one of the biggest phonies ever to run for president. She has done nothing but whine and blame other people after the election too. If they ran again today Trump would win by an even bigger margin.
                  I don't think Hillary is a "phony" any more than any other politician. Reagan wasn't really a cowboy, you know, and Bush Senior doesn't really have a Texas accent. Pols lie to project an affinity with the working class because low income/lofo voters like a candidate they can have a beer with. At the same time, pols in real life wouldn't pis-s on a worker if he was on fire. The faking of "authenticity" is one of the funniest charades in American politics (and I'm sure everywhere else too). That's the price we paid for extending the franchise to everybody: people in first class pandering painfully for the votes of steerage.

But as far as believing in issues, I think Hillary is sincere and also a Lisa Simpsonesque wonk. She would have been a great policy person under a president. She was just a sh-t candidate because she has no charisma. She's Michael Dukakis redux.
                  Cornell University

Comment

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the plurality of Americans.
                    why not talk about kep? he doesn't like her. thought the talk was about people who don't like her?
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

still talking about hilly? cause now you are on the mark.

Comment

I'm expecting solutions to problems. Of which she offered none and neither did any of her colleagues or the Democrats. Health Care is a disaster in this country and they're all playing the part of Nero.
                        She took a bullet to stop the bill, Scoob. For this Senate that's a profile in courage. I'm with Drew on this -- I'm not sure what more you could expect.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          still talking about hilly? cause now you are on the mark.
                          You could make that argument, but you'd be wrong. No woman is ever going to be elected President until all the Boomers are dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            She took a bullet to stop the bill, Scoob. For this Senate that's a profile in courage. I'm with Drew on this -- I'm not sure what more you could expect.
                            She took no bullet. There were 14. They picked the (4) safe Senators and killed the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              She's Michael Dukakis redux.
                              at least dukakis freely admitted he preferred to sleep with women

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                It's not like she deserves much better. Her removal to the dustbin of American politics is the only good thing to come from this.

Maybe next time the Dems can find a candidate that will, you know, actually campaign for office instead of bellyaching over not being handed the job on a silver platter. The rest of the Ds maybe felt like she was "owed" the office (hence her only challenger not being a democrat at all), but she should've realized that even the colloidal joke of trump wasn't going to just give it to her.
                                No one is happier she is gone than me but no one should poll worse than Trump on anything...except maybe Ted Cruz. Sorry but people are morons.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X