Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Spicer has resigned! I need some popcorn.
    The guy was lost up there. And it doesn't take much to put Fake News Acosta in his place, as we've found from Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Oh but wait, I thought Trump was a misogynistic bigot that doesn't like women... even more fake news!

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      Unicorns might be real too, but that doesn't change how I view horses.
      Classic!
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Spicey's out.
        Do the leaks dry up?
        There are still many other sources.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Apparently Spicer objected to Scaramucchi's desire to do the fandango.
          You stole my thunder!! Great line!
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            Unicorns might be real too, but that doesn't change how I view horses.
            "A man breaking his journey between one place and another at a third place of no name, character, population or significance, sees a unicorn cross his path and disappear. That in itself is startling, but there are precedents for mystical encounters of various kinds, or to be less extreme, a choice of persuasions to put it down to fancy; until --"My God," says a second man, "I must be dreaming, I thought I saw a unicorn." At which point, a dimension is added that makes the experience as alarming as it will ever be. A third witness, you understand, adds no further dimension but only spreads it thinner, and a fourth thinner still, and the more witnesses there are the thinner it gets and the more reasonable it becomes until it is as thin as reality, the name we give to the common experience... "Look, look!" recites the crowd. "A horse with an arrow in its forehead! It must have been mistaken for a deer."
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I think there are principled conservatives who genuinely worry about the erosion of democracy and the replacement of the republic with a centrally-controlled tyrannical state. I think the people who were complaining about that under Obama, while they may have been delusional that Obama was anything like that, were sincere in their worry in the abstract that it could happen.

That's why I'm addressing them now. It is happening. There are two obstacles to them acting. The first is hypocrisy -- they only mean that stuff when it's somebody they don't agree with and they're perfectly compliant with a conservative dictatorship. Obviously some are like that but I don't think more than a trivial number -- the same number who would be perfectly compliant with a liberal dictatorship. The second obstacle is that they don't even see the problem because their news media has their brains scrambled. That's possible so it's up to the opposition to keep putting the evidence and the question. In the case of Trump we actually have an ally -- he's so mindblowingly OBVIOUS that he's not even hiding it. It would be much more difficult to hurdle obstacle two with a smart and subtle would-be tyrant.

Drew seems to be saying he doesn't care -- it's nothing. He's not getting over the second obstacle, partisanship prevents him from seeing that there is any problem to act on. But the thing is, with Trump it's never over -- the evidence is only going to get worse and his actions are only going to get more obvious, so Drew is in a way an interesting lab experiment. How many straws can that camel take?
              What specifically are you talking about with regard to Trump? The self dealing stuff I don't like, but its something that is probably more business than usual than any of us would care to admit. If its Russia I would need to see a lot more evidence of collusion.

I'll be honest that I think most of the stuff around Trump is a sideshow from the serious issues facing the country. We're going to go bankrupt if we don't get our act together. I really think the financial situation is much worse than it gets credit for, especially when you factor in states and municipalities. It's hard to stop momentum and we have been running huge deficits forever. Hopefully it can be turned around but it seems a long way away at this point.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Trump will reportedly be at his Bedminster course from August 3 to August 20. Sure, he lied about how much vacationing and golf he would be doing, but at least he's not a phony like Hillary.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  What specifically are you talking about with regard to Trump? The self dealing stuff I don't like, but its something that is probably more business than usual than any of us would care to admit. If its Russia I would need to see a lot more evidence of collusion.

I'll be honest that I think most of the stuff around Trump is a sideshow from the serious issues facing the country. We're going to go bankrupt if we don't get our act together. I really think the financial situation is much worse than it gets credit for, especially when you factor in states and municipalities. It's hard to stop momentum and we have been running huge deficits forever. Hopefully it can be turned around but it seems a long way away at this point.
                  Do you know who was President each time the deficit quite farking literally turned around, and which direction it turned?

Comment

I don't think Russia is a distraction. It's possible to have systemic fiscal problems and also have ethics problems.

The ethics problems with Trump seem to me to be undeniable and severe, but our different feelings might be partisanship. For instance, I thought Obama was the most stand-up administration in my lifetime and I know the right was always hollering like he was Satan Himself.

The fiscal issues and deficits come down to 40 years of GOP borrow and spend. Collect taxes on the wealthy and those problems go away, but one party decided for whatever reasons that the rich are off limits for progressive taxation. I believe 90% of our economic and societal problems stem from that one blind ideological error but the evidence is so overwhelming that I understand the right will never see sense. We will simply have to win over the rest of the country and restore sanity ourselves.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Step one, stop cutting taxes. It does nothing except give people who don't need it even more money. It's never had an actual impact on jobs.

And "trickle down" economics has resulted in a massive deficit or just ruined state's economies- whichever you choose.

But it's nice to hear you confirm over and over again that you are willing to have a russian cancer. Not a big deal at all. Collusion is needed for it to be bad...

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                        Do you know who was President each time the deficit quite farking literally turned around, and which direction it turned?
                        The last one who did that was Bill Clinton. He ended up with a surplus.

Stunning.

Given that Obama went from an incredibly deep hole to just a deep hole, I doubt many will give him credit for it, anyway.

Comment

Basically what he's doing is taking his party's sins and portraying them on Trump. Classic bait and switch to try to re-apply the curtain.

Only way we get our act together is to stop the pork spending. The idiots in Congress think that's the only way to keep their job. And no, jerp, stealing from Social Security to balance the budget is not an acceptable way of doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            It's possible to have systemic fiscal problems and also have ethics problems.
                            Chicken or egg.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                              Oooh, ooh, me, call on me, I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO MORE SPICEY MEATBALL
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Step one, stop cutting taxes. It does nothing except give people who don't need it even more money. It's never had an actual impact on jobs.

And "trickle down" economics has resulted in a massive deficit or just ruined state's economies- whichever you choose.

But it's nice to hear you confirm over and over again that you are willing to have a russian cancer. Not a big deal at all. Collusion is needed for it to be bad...
                                Agreed some of the tax cuts last 15 years were a mistake, but the problems are deeper than that. Don't forget that a lot of liberal states have huge financial issues. The solution is much more complex than just raising taxes.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X