Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Then your party should probably stop giving tax cuts to the rich.
    Among other changes. Both parties are at fault. We live in the era of refusing to make touch decisions and kick the can down the road.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

So, something else to talk about, Democrats have their first presidential candidate for 2020 in Congressman John Delaney from Maryland.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Among other changes. Both parties are at fault. We live in the era of refusing to make touch decisions and kick the can down the road.
        We all want improvements to things, yet we don't want to open our pocketbooks (rich or not). Anytime anyone mentions raising taxes, the majority (right or left) scream bloody murder.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          We all want improvements to things, yet we don't want to open our pocketbooks (rich or not). Anytime anyone mentions raising taxes, the majority (right or left) scream bloody murder.
          Citation needed.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
            I know, but I think it's a myth that people really hoped Trump would "do more for them." Do less for other people, maybe.
            More for the poor whiteys, less for the poor darkies, illegals, and the Muzzie "refugees" they just know are all terrorists. That's what they wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
              So, something else to talk about, Democrats have their first presidential candidate for 2020 in Congressman John Delaney from Maryland.
              I think Terry McAuliffe winds up being the nominee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Sad but true. I personally would prefer to pay a dollar now than two dollars down the road and avoid being in debt in the process.

Comment

Both parties are at fault.
                  Yeah, keep on believing that if it makes you feel better about voting for the party of Brownback and Norquist.

Sad but true. I personally would prefer to pay a dollar now than two dollars down the road and avoid being in debt in the process.
                  Your acknowledged voting pattern says otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    It's just interesting to note. I know he's not going to say anything.
                    Unless you assume The Mooch is right and he was the leak all along...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Uh, no.

It's FAR, FAR, FAR more the right. Most of the left I talk to are willing to pay more taxes. This is clearly an area that the left and right are different- so stop pretending we are anywhere near the same on this subject.

The area that I DON'T want to pay taxes for is "for profit" companies running things that have mostly been not- schools, prisons, garbage, and much of the road maintenance. There are other areas that we don't have to be so incredibly capitalistic. As a system, many of these items will save society money in the long run. But people want government to be so much run like a business- meaning making money- that it's sickening.

I just don't get the idea that having a business mind means you automatically don't waste. There's TONS of waste in business. Probably more than in the government. I see it all the time in my company. There so much more scrutiny in government to prevent that, it's not even funny- to the point that there's a lot of nonsensical policies that seem dumb, but in reality they are CYA policies so that people don't get in trouble.

All government needs to focus on is maximizing the output for the given input.

Enough of that rant. But it's clear to me that this is one massive area that the left and right are very far apart.

Comment

Conservatives often find it morally repugnant to pay taxes. I have yet to find a liberal who isn't at a minimum open to raising taxes. I know they exist, I just can't think of one off the top of my head.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Zing!

Comment

Leaving Trump (who is insane) aside, I've heard about some interesting research in evolutionary sociology. Your vote is 50% genetic. A conservative identical twin raised in an adopted liberal family is more likely than not to be conservative in spite of his upbringing. And that tribally speaking, liberals were those who incorporated new tribe members while conservatives kept the tribe safe from takeover. Ideally it's a balancing act.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

We all want improvements to things, yet we don't want to open our pocketbooks (rich or not).
                              That is true, Brent, but two questions.

What has this Republican administration (or the Party itself, for the last 3 election cycles) done to show it wants to improve education, including the natural sciences?

Why is the GOP so determined to protect the 1%ers from paying higher taxes? Given tha trickle-down economics was pretty much disproven under Reagan, who is the real intended beneficiary of that policy?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Citation needed.
                                It's the same logic as St. McCain() whining about bombastic loudmouths on both sides of the political spectrum like Rush, Alex Jones, Hannity, Ann Coulter etc.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X