Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    You could make that argument, but you'd be wrong. No woman is ever going to be elected President until all the Boomers are dead.
    mookie doesn't believe that. great majority of the country grew up with a strong woman running the house who looked after finances, logistics, healthcare, etc.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Nearly every argument I've heard, besides just blind hate for her being a Clinton, can also be applied to and magnified in association with Trump.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        As far as I know Susan Collins didn't.
        Susan Collins isn't ever going to be a presidential candidate.

Comment

Aren't you happy it didn't pass? What exactly were you expecting?
          No we want it to pass. We want the people to get everything they want and certainly what they deserve. Not our fault the GOP doesnt have the balls.

My problems with Hillary have more to do with her policies than anything...but her T-1000 like personality doesnt help either.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Nearly every argument I've heard, besides just blind hate for her being a Clinton, can also be applied to and magnified in association with Trump.
            Correct. The difference between the two of them was plumbing in the end.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              mookie doesn't believe that. great majority of the country grew up with a strong woman running the house who looked after finances, logistics, healthcare, etc.
              While the men ran the businesses and city government.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I don't think Hillary is a "phony" any more than any other politician. Reagan wasn't really a cowboy, you know, and Bush Senior doesn't really have a Texas accent. Pols lie to project an affinity with the working class because low income/lofo voters like a candidate they can have a beer with. At the same time, pols in real life wouldn't pis-s on a worker if he was on fire. The faking of "authenticity" is one of the funniest charades in American politics (and I'm sure everywhere else too). That's the price we paid for extending the franchise to everybody: people in first class pandering painfully for the votes of steerage.

But as far as believing in issues, I think Hillary is sincere and also a Lisa Simpsonesque wonk. She would have been a great policy person under a president. She was just a sh-t candidate because she has no charisma. She's Michael Dukakis redux.
                You're right about politicians being phonies. Maybe it plays differently coming from a woman? I don't really buy that is she is some sort of policy genius. She's obviously not an idiot, but I'm not sure how anyone can objectively say she did a good job as either a senator or SoS.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

but I'm not sure how anyone can objectively say she did a good job as either a senator or SoS.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm in the group that strongly despises her. I think she might be one of the biggest phonies ever to run for president. She has done nothing but whine and blame other people after the election too. If they ran again today Trump would win by an even bigger margin.
                    What is completely insane about this post is the idea that the possibility of leaked emails is worse than the possibility of working with the Russians to win the election.

After my whole lifetime as seeing Russia as adversaries, that just makes no sense at all.

That is the insnity of dons supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      While the men ran the businesses and city government.
                      once my grandmother (a democrat), who was probably in her mid-late 70s at a time, got ****ed of when she saw Olympia Snowe on TV. She said "politics is man's work, a woman doesn't belong in politics of that caliber). She passed away around 7 years ago at the age of 96. I really like to think she would have come around, I can't imagine she would think too highly of Trump. She was a hard working French woman that went to work in the shoe factories of Maine when her husband died at the age of 42 so she could support herself and her two kids. She worked, making shoes, until the company forced her to retire. She must have been around 70 when she left the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

scoob, he has some kind of mental defect. he's a lost cause.

Comment

You're right about politicians being phonies. Maybe it plays differently coming from a woman? I don't really buy that is she is some sort of policy genius. She's obviously not an idiot, but I'm not sure how anyone can objectively say she did a good job as either a senator or SoS.
                          I think she did a very good job as both. I have inside knowledge on her policy chops -- Dr. Mrs. worked with her in committee and it changed her opinion drastically. Before that experience she basically shared my opinion that it was nepotism gone wild. But she was very impressed with how well Hillary knew subjects and more that she just worked really hard. The other thing which I have mentioned before is that she listened. Whereas most Members use the time you're speaking to draw breath so they can just continue on with what they are saying, Hillary was, to her, remarkable in that she actually had two-way conversations and listened to people, particularly opponents. She was still very strong willed in insisting on the merits of her argument but you knew she had processed what you were saying and had digested the content and understood it fully.

Dr. Mrs. thought that in another life Hillary would have made a splendid jurist. Her instincts are, oddly, not advocacy, but trying to understand. Getting into a political marriage transformed her into a political animal, but again, just my wife's impression, that always seemed an overlay for the engine underneath which was just the desire to dig deep, find the root cause, and see how it all worked.

That's why I think she'd have made a great member of one of the EOP departments like HHS rather than a politician.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                            scoob, he has some kind of mental defect. he's a lost cause.
                            Only one? I'm glad you hold me in such high regard!
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

LOLMets and LOLGOP have a brief confluence.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Here's what we're dealing with, even with little Donnie releasing his email:
                                Only 45% of Trump voters believe Jr met with Russians to get dirt on Hillary, 32% say the meeting didn't happen, and 24% aren't sure.

Today's reminder that people who watch Faux know less about current events than people that watch no news at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X