Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Again, idiotic question. Do YOU invite a leader that doesn't quite advocate the killing of an ethnicity, but ends up killing more folks than Hitler, due to policies, but on the surface is a great leader?

Just saying.
    What in the actual **** are you talking about? I've already said I wouldn't invite trump.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Honestly, I think this says a lot about the BSA, and just confirms my long-held belief that it has become little more than an extension of JROTC and a systemic indoctrination of future Republican voters. Kind of like how the NRA went nutso sometime around 1980, so to has scouting, and it's a damn shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        And that is fair and just.
        OK. . . Well, if Trump came to my hick town to speak to a civic group I belonged to, I would get behind him onstage and pull his pants down.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          What in the actual **** are you talking about? I've already said I wouldn't invite trump.
          Then you don't know your history, sporto. There are at least 2 other historical world leaders in the modern era that were worse than Hitler.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            OK. . . Well, if Trump came to my hick town to speak to a civic group I belonged to, I would get behind him onstage and pull his pants down.
            While that would be hilarious, I wouldn't recommend it.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Then you don't know your history, sporto. There are at least 2 other historical world leaders in the modern era that were worse than Hitler.
              And the Boy Scouts invited them to speak?! Oh my god!
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

And the Boy Scouts invited them to speak?! Oh my god!
                They were kinda dead/wanted/exiled/ so no.

Comment

Whoa, I stepped away for a half hour, I missed a bunch!

Comment

They were kinda dead/wanted/exiled/ so no.
                    Well, then surely they were invited to speak in front of congress.
                    Code:

Comment

Well, then surely they were invited to speak in front of congress.
                      Jesus, you're being a pompous dcik. And to think, I defended you for a few years (get to know him, he's an okay guy). Guess not. You're ok, as long as (insert person) agrees with you.

Comment

Cat fight!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm wondering why the BSA decided a man who isn't trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, or reverent to speak at this year's Jamboree.
                          Impressive knowledge of Scouting - but not impressive enough. To answer your very initial question: because POTUS has *always* been the honorary President of the Boy Scouts of America since its founding in 1910. Since then, of the 11 presidents who were in office during the time of National Jamborees, 7 have spoken at them, starting with FDR in 1937. Ronald Reagan was supposed to speak at the one I attended in 1985, but he was busy having his colon cancer surgery*, so Nancy Reagan spoke instead.

*Interesting factoid: my uncle is the co-inventor of one of the first video endoscopes in production. They used one of his models for Reagan's surgery, so they flew my uncle and his partner down to DC for the surgery to be standing by just in case something went wrong with the machine. My uncle's partner's Christmas card that year was him shaking hands with post-surgery Reagan in bed in his hospital gown. I doubt any president would allow that picture to be taken now, but back then there was no way to share it with millions of people, so what was the harm?
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

And that's only counting the 20th century. Who knows what else we've lost in history...

Comment

BSA didn't ask Obama to speak because they didn't want a commie Kenyan at their convention, they do have standards
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                                Impressive knowledge of Scouting - but not impressive enough. To answer your very initial question: because POTUS has *always* been the honorary President of the Boy Scouts of America since its founding in 1910. Since then, of the 11 presidents who were in office during the time of National Jamborees, 7 have spoken at them, starting with FDR in 1937. Ronald Reagan was supposed to speak at the one I attended in 1985, but he was busy having his colon cancer surgery*, so Nancy Reagan spoke instead.

*Interesting factoid: my uncle is the co-inventor of one of the first video endoscopes in production. They used one of his models for Reagan's surgery, so they flew my uncle and his partner down to DC for the surgery to be standing by just in case something went wrong with the machine. My uncle's partner's Christmas card that year was him shaking hands with post-surgery Reagan in bed in his hospital gown. I doubt any president would allow that picture to be taken now, but back then there was no way to share it with millions of people, so what was the harm?
                                Fair enough. I did forget that. But if they had the chutzpah to kick out gay scouts and leaders back in the day for not being reverent, surely they can kick out a leader who exhibits none of their core values.

But your point is taken.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X