Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    And that has absolutely nothing to do with extending an olive branch to give him the honor of speaking at an event like the Annual Jamboree. It should be offered to men and women who deserve it.

The office doesn't speak. The person holding it does.
    He's the POTUS. That is not deserving? Whether or not you disagree or respect the person, s/he is the leader of your country. Those speaking engagements are limited. I'd be honored if the POTUS spoke in front of a group I'm in. Period.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Boy Scout story I linked, he had a strong closing to that story: "But the big thing. Never quit, never give up, do something you love. When you do something you love, as a scout, I see that you love it. But when you do something that you love, you'll never fail."

It was the two page rambling about seeing an old friend at an 80's cocaine fueled high society orgy that he talked though while getting to the point that made me go "Double You Tee Eff?" This sounded not as something the President would be on record as saying, but more me trying to fill two pages on a college English paper due at 10 am when it's 3:45 am already.

Edit: dear God I didn't see the whole thing, only the snippet I linked. It's even worse. *facepalm*
      Last edited by aparch; 07-24-2017, 11:45 PM.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I did it through the B Clinton era. The Dems did it through the Reagan (and maybe a touch) through the W era......
        If you are making equivalencies between Trump and those two, there really is not much I can say.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          If you are making equivalencies between Trump and those two, there really is not much I can say.
          Trump is way worse, don't get me wrong. Not even close. My point is, others gritted their teeth, and respected the office.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            He's the POTUS. That is not deserving? Whether or not you disagree or respect the person, s/he is the leader of your country. Those speaking engagements are limited. I'd be honored if the POTUS spoke in front of a group I'm in. Period.
            No. It's not. If the president advocated killing Jews, would you just let him walk down Pennsylvania and shower him with respect?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              I like the part about not trusting the people trying to teach you how to be successful by selling book and tapes.

Also that doesn't include this beautiful piece:
              I'm impressed he didn't make them raise their right hands and pledge allegiance...ifyaknowwhatImean.

Comment

No. It's not. If the president advocated killing Jews, would you just let him walk down Pennsylvania and shower him with honor?
                Godwin's Law invoked. Just sayin'.

Comment

Godwin's Law invoked. Just sayin'.
                  I noticed you conveniently didn't answer the question.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I noticed you conveniently didn't answer the question.
                    Because it's an idiotic question, and you should know better. Yet, that is the condition you have to lean on to attempt to prove a point? Flailing argument, at best.

Comment

Because it's an idiotic question, and you should know better. Yet, that is the condition you have to lean on to attempt to prove a point? Flailing argument, at best.
                      Do you invite the president to speak if he advocates killing the Jews?
                      Code:

Comment

Do you invite the president to speak if he advocates killing the Jews?
                        Again, idiotic question. Do YOU invite a leader that doesn't quite advocate the killing of an ethnicity, but ends up killing more folks than Hitler, due to policies, but on the surface is a great leader?

Just saying.

Comment

I think the better question is - do you invite POTUS, even if he's a "man" who, historically, has flagrantly violated every value that your pledge contains?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Trump is way worse, don't get me wrong. Not even close. My point is, others gritted their teeth, and respected the office.
                            If Donald Trump came to my little hick town to speak to a civic group I belonged to, I would either stay home or show up and object. Out of respect for the office.
                            Last edited by burd; 07-25-2017, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              If Donald Trump came to my little hock town to speak to a civic group I belonged to, I would either stay home or show up and object. Out of respect for the office.
                              And that is fair and just.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I think the better question is - do you invite POTUS, even if he's a "man" who, historically, has flagrantly violated every value that your pledge contains?
                                Yes. That's exactly what I asked to begin this conversation
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X