Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Trump makes hand gestures at Putin at the G20 dinner table. Looks to me like he was offering a handy...nbd.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      So here's another crappy corrupt conspiracy theory...

Just got back from a trip to Cuba-

I had that same thought when he announced the re-tightening.

But "it's just good business acumen on his part. Former presidents profit from speaking tours and book deals, this is just his post presidential legacy," we'll hear from his supporters.

Nevermind that past presidents never re-wrote such specific laws just to benefit themselves post presidency.

Well, except that Jimmy Carter crook. Probably forced through some farm tax reductions or some other bull****.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

He's going to pardon himself. But this is so much better than EMAILZ. So much. And her screetchy voice. And her shrill voice. And her lack of charisma. All that so much negative. All Trump so much positive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=los9WulxBjM
        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 07-21-2017, 08:15 AM.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          He's going to pardon himself.
          This presidency may actually lead to something good of it provokes constitutional changes that prevent a president from becoming a dictator.

The presidency has been growing in power since WW2, so much so that they were calling it the "Imperial Presidency" fifty years ago and it's only gotten worse. Much of that has been Congress hiding from responsibility and accountability.

Dump is a test of the limits of the Constitution. We are getting a real life demonstration of what happens when the worst possible individual gets that much power. Hopefully this will lead to a radical restriction of the executive and a reassertion of legislative and judicial power. We have been staggering towards the replacement of the Republican with an Emperor for half a century; with Cheney we broke into a trot. Now it is a run. We must stop this -- Russia in the 1990s is the example of what happens if we do not.

Hopefully 240+ years of democratic institutions will make the difference, assuming enough of us stand up. Would you march in streets if Dump pardoned himself and the Court upheld it? I would.

Conservatives, this is the Constitutional crisis you have been fapping off worrying about, only the call is coming from inside the house. So, who are you? Are you going to support it because it's good for your agenda, or are you going to oppose it because it's terrible for our system of laws? It's really easy for me to be against this -- the hard job here is yours.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Hopefully 240+ years of democratic institutions will make the difference, assuming enough of us stand up. Would you march in streets if Dump pardoned himself and the Court upheld it? I would.
            I would too.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              I would too.
              Good. I would also love to see Fish and Flag and Drew out there. Firstly because it's the right thing to do, but of course I would think that, the hard part is realizing it's true even when things go your way. Perhaps the second reason will be more convincing: because the next guy with all the power could be Bernie Sanders. Or Noam Chomsky. Or, hell, Hillary Clinton.

The question I struggle with is would I be protesting if a liberal administration was doing exactly what this administration is doing? I f-cking hope so, but that test is hypothetical. For conservatives, that test is right now. This is a real life critical test of principles.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Good. I would also love to see Fish and Flag and Drew out there. Firstly because it's the right thing to do, but of course I would think that, the hard part is realizing it's true even when things go your way. Perhaps the second reason will be more convincing: because the next guy with all the power could be Bernie Sanders. Or Noam Chomsky. Or, hell, Hillary Clinton.

The question I struggle with is would I be protesting if a liberal administration was doing exactly what this administration is doing? I f-cking hope so, but that test is hypothetical. For conservatives, that test is right now. This is a real life critical test of principles.
                I've never been to any sort of protest in my life so I likely wouldn't go. The type of thing that would upset me would be if Trump tried to deport people who were 100% US citizens or something like that. I think the Russia stuff is a bunch of nonsense and the self dealing I don't care that much about. Basically every politician who goes to DC winds up being rich so it isn't really out of the norm.

To your larger point though, the trouble in recent times is the legislative branch has massively let us down. They basically can't make a tough decision when it comes to any sort of financial problem. Healthcare is a great example. For me the fundamental issue with healthcare is the bottom 30% or whatever spend a lot of money/need a lot of healthcare and can't really afford to pay much if anything. All the republicans are doing is re-arranging deck chars and it won't fix the underlying problem.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  To your larger point though, the trouble in recent times is the legislative branch has massively let us down. They basically can't make a tough decision when it comes to any sort of financial problem.
                  I would say, to any problem. Congress has ceded much of its authority to the presidency and the executive bureaucracy. Then it turns around and complains about those institutions when they fill the gap Congress left. The most galling example is their failure to have an honest debate over war. The War Powers Act was only a start -- we should strongly reassert the Congressional roll in deciding where to commit troops and tightly constrain the President. The excuse that this would limit our ability to respond in a crisis is greatly overbroad and we can have a process for dealing with imminent peril. It has been used to remove all accountability from Congress, much to the delight of Congress which is now free to pass the buck to the White House and then take potshots without any responsibility.
                  Cornell University

Comment

I would say, to any problem. Congress has ceded much of its authority to the presidency and the executive bureaucracy. Then it turns around and complains about those institutions when they fill the gap Congress left. The most galling example is their failure to have an honest debate over war. The War Powers Act was only a start -- we should strongly reassert the Congressional roll in deciding where to commit troops and tightly constrain the President. The excuse that this would limit our ability to respond in a crisis is greatly overbroad and we can have a process for dealing with imminent peril. It has been used to remove all accountability from Congress, much to the delight of Congress which is now free to pass the buck to the White House and then take potshots without any responsibility.
                    Republicans in Congress have been massively successful. They've managed to move 20 trillion dollars from the middle and lower classes to the 1%. They've done this by setting policy in every area of American life. From the military to the Courts.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Republicans in Congress have been massively successful. They've managed to move 20 trillion dollars from the middle and lower classes to the 1%. They've done this by setting policy in every area of American life. From the military to the Courts.
                      While that's true, the problem with the encroachment of executive power has been completely bipartisan. Democratic and Republican presidents have greedily increased executive power, and Democratic and Republican Congresses have joyfully ducked their responsibilities. The Founders assumed each of the three branches would grasp as much power as they could so that tautness would keep the distribution of powers stable. They did not anticipate the abdication of the legislature.
                      Cornell University

Comment

And the people they screw love them for it. One of the great cons of all time! It is like the peasants that love the King that enslaves them and starves them.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          And the people they screw love them for it. One of the great cons of all time! It is like the peasants that love the King that enslaves them and starves them.
                          It's worse. The peasants usually loved the King because he (He?) was a counter-weight to the local nobles who did the enslaving and starving. There was rationality in their belief that the King would enforce a divine (literally) justice just as God would in the afterlife.

But in our case the peasants are cheering the same local nobles who are screwing them. That's what's so funny and pathetic about the Deplorables.
                          Cornell University

Comment

It's worse. The peasants usually loved the King because he (He?) was a counter-weight to the local nobles who did the enslaving and starving. There was rationality in their belief that the King would enforce a divine (literally) justice just as God would in the afterlife.

But in our case the peasants are cheering the same local nobles who are screwing them. That's what's so funny and pathetic about the Deplorables.
                            Hey if the Red States want to get bent over a barrel doesnt bug me much.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

While that's true, the problem with the encroachment of executive power has been completely bipartisan. Democratic and Republican presidents have greedily increased executive power, and Democratic and Republican Congresses have joyfully ducked their responsibilities. The Founders assumed each of the three branches would grasp as much power as they could so that tautness would keep the distribution of powers stable. They did not anticipate the abdication of the legislature.
                              While that's true, and it's bad, I care less about that than the 20 trillion dollars. I'm sick of living in an Oligarchical society but it's not like I have much choice at this point. I gather it's could be worse (i.e. Russia) but it's getting ridiculous. We've known about this 1% problem for a long time now. We had our great recession. Where is our Roosevelt? Where is our correction?

Comment

While that's true, and it's bad, I care less about that than the 20 trillion dollars. I'm sick of living in an Oligarchical society but it's not like I have much choice at this point. I gather it's could be worse (i.e. Russia) but it's getting ridiculous. We've known about this 1% problem for a long time now. We had our great recession. Where is our Roosevelt? Where is our correction?
                                Who cares? If you either 1) keep voting Republican, 2) vote 3rd party, or 3) don't vote, you DESERVE to take it in the shorts! The great wealth transfer isn't affecting me any, and the people getting screwed are the same people who keep voting Republican (working class whites) or don't vote/3rd party people (students getting reamed with debt).

There's little point caring about voters (or non-voters) who can't be bothered to care for themselves. There are two social programs I will most likely take advantage of at some point. Social Security and Medicare. Even scum sucking Republicans now know enough to leave these programs alone. If Medicaid gets turned into a block grant in order to cut funding to give to billionaires, yet like 70M people are enrolled in the program, do they not have the electoral power to vote out Goopers pushing for this? Start solving your own problems at the ballot box I say.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X