Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    no, I didn't. I just told you I would tell Trump to go **** himself instead of shaking his hand. You said that you shake the president's hand, period.
    At the time of W, being the worst prez of all time in your mind, you still would shake his hand. At that moment, there was not one single prez worse. The bottom of the bottom. Just sayin'.

Hey, Scoobs, I thought I wasn't worth listening to, so why are you quoting me?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Hey, Scoobs, I thought I wasn't worth listening to, so why are you quoting me?
      Cause it was ****ing hilarious.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Who's going to dig up James Buchanan to shake his hand anyway?
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

At the time of W, being the worst prez of all time in your mind, you still would shake his hand. At that moment, there was not one single prez worse. The bottom of the bottom. Just sayin'.
          Bush II made some decisions that were as costly as any president has made in my lifetime, both in terms of lives lost and economic harm, but he did not behave like a child. He was wrong, terribly so, but not categorically unfit. There is a difference.

Comment

Plus he was never as evil as some pretended he was. I dont think he wished harm on people and actually cared for the country. (he was just a moron and a terrible president) Trump would burn everyone at the stake just to prove he could do it and whats worse is he doesnt even pretend that isnt true.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Plus he was never as evil as some pretended he was. I dont think he wished harm on people and actually cared for the country. (he was just a moron and a terrible president) Trump would burn everyone at the stake just to prove he could do it and whats worse is he doesnt even pretend that isnt true.
              If I had to sum up W in as few words as possible, it would be "fell in with the wrong crowd". Now, as President the responsibility of who he listens to is still his - "the buck stops here" - and boy did they lead to some monumental screwups. But as you said, there wasn't the, and I don't want to use this word but I can't think of a better one, "malice" that Trump exudes. W may have wanted different things then me, and I could argue against them ten ways to Sunday, but ultimately I felt he was doing what he honestly thought was best. If he were given the right supporting cast, he would be a decent caretaker President, doing the appearances and going through the motions and saying nice things; he wouldn't be a groundbreaking or academic one, but it would still be a step-up to now.

Man, 50 years from now the Trump administration will be the best thing that ever happened to the Bush family.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I don't think many people thought of Dubya as evil. He was encapsulated perfectly in the epithet "C plus Augustus" -- someone miles out of his depth who didn't realize it and even had delusions of being well-suited to the task, a confidence that could only have come from his background as a coddled silver spooner insulated from all accountability.

Trump matches the latter, but he has something additional: that omnivorous narcissism that plays out partly as boorishness and partly as hypersensitive malice.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  I don't think I can respect the office when the man in office doesn't respect the office.

The man uses his position to throw tantrums over the Internet and spreads lies and rumors on the daily. That's not presidential behavior, and there should be no expectation of respect because of it.
                  This.

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  After the tweetstorm this am, I think he's even less honorable than before. If that's possible.
                  Using his 11 year-old son as a political prop. What a sh*tbag.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Who's going to dig up James Buchanan to shake his hand anyway?
                    He had a good run.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I think the notion of respecting the office even if you don't respect the office holder in this day and age is quaint, to say the least. While the left is certainly guilty of saying some unfair stuff about GWB and failing to "respect the office" while he was sitting in it, the republicans have failed to uphold that notion far more egregiously than even the worst of the democrats. The right generally equates that type civility with weakness and considers it "unmanly" nowadays. Does anyone really believe the average knuckle-dragging trump supporter, like the shirtless guy with all the tattoos screaming "make me a burrito" at a trump rally last year, is going to appreciate me respectfully shaking trump's hand and expressing my deep respect for the office while the man in it in 2017 is making a mockery of it? No. He's going to think I'm some weakling homo who has shown by trying to be civil and nice I'm worthy of nothing but mockery. We started to really lose that type of civility during the Clinton presidency when the republicans went full in on the disrespect factor, whether it was mocking Bill Clinton or his wife. To the point now where there is little upside seen in being respectful. I used to be very big on "respect the office" but anymore, I don't know why I would.

People can believe what they want (and that's the problem here, people believing what they want and not what is demonstrably true) but one side here has been worse than the other. But we live in a society where one side can not possibly admit that they may bare more of the blame. What a shame when admitting you are wrong is seen as a sign of weakness to be exploited rather than a sign of a mature person you can work with and get things done.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Objection, relevance.

Yeah, I've heard of the Bellamy Salute, smartypants.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          I think the notion of respecting the office even if you don't respect the office holder in this day and age is quaint, to say the least. While the left is certainly guilty of saying some unfair stuff about GWB and failing to "respect the office" while he was sitting in it, the republicans have failed to uphold that notion far more egregiously than even the worst of the democrats. The right generally equates that type civility with weakness and considers it "unmanly" nowadays. Does anyone really believe the average knuckle-dragging trump supporter, like the shirtless guy with all the tattoos screaming "make me a burrito" at a trump rally last year, is going to appreciate me respectfully shaking trump's hand and expressing my deep respect for the office while the man in it in 2017 is making a mockery of it? No. He's going to think I'm some weakling homo who has shown by trying to be civil and nice I'm worthy of nothing but mockery. We started to really lose that type of civility during the Clinton presidency when the republicans went full in on the disrespect factor, whether it was mocking Bill Clinton or his wife. To the point now where there is little upside seen in being respectful. I used to be very big on "respect the office" but anymore, I don't know why I would.

People can believe what they want (and that's the problem here, people believing what they want and not what is demonstrably true) but one side here has been worse than the other. But we live in a society where one side can not possibly admit that they may bare more of the blame. What a shame when admitting you are wrong is seen as a sign of weakness to be exploited rather than a sign of a mature person you can work with and get things done.
                          Good post. I guess I am quaint, in that I still will respect the office. I wish that quaintness would return. One quibble with your post, is that the Repubs have "far more egregariously" disrepected the office/prez. Quite a few non-Repubs have literally called for Trump's head on a stick.

On both main party sides, there are those extremists. As a whole, I think both are equally guilty. Given the last couple of pages here, it appears to me that while many of us disagree, we can at least understand each other's viewpoints for the most part, and are trying to work things out. I really like that aspect of this discussion.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Quite a few non-Repubs have literally called for Trump's head on a stick.
                            "Cite your sources!" *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*

Literally? As in, outright called for his assassination? Really?

Other than the usual fringe whackjobs, who constitutes "quite a few"?

Comment

The best people...

Comment

Good post. I guess I am quaint, in that I still will respect the office. I wish that quaintness would return. One quibble with your post, is that the Repubs have "far more egregariously" disrepected the office/prez. Quite a few non-Repubs have literally called for Trump's head on a stick.

On both main party sides, there are those extremists. As a whole, I think both are equally guilty. Given the last couple of pages here, it appears to me that while many of us disagree, we can at least understand each other's viewpoints for the most part, and are trying to work things out. I really like that aspect of this discussion.
                                Which party has had more and worse abuse of norms is probably something that is forever in the eye of the beholder -- you know my sympathies so you know what I believe.

But it doesn't matter what's gone before if we can mutually formulate a code of conduct and then pledge to stick to it in the future. Then, violations become measurable, and probably more importantly we then have a scale to measure our actions against before we commit to them.

There's a name for those who deliberately shock and offend to get their jollies: trolls. The vast, vast majority of us are not trolls. When we offend it is typically the heat of the moment and/or a slip of self-discipline, not a methodical strategy. If we can agree on what constitutes "too far" then we will each be more vigilant about crossing or even approaching that line.

And luckily we don't have to invent it wholecloth. It's basically the normal rules of social interaction we were taught as kids. Don't belittle, don't threaten, don't bait, don't name-call.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X