Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.14 - No Confusion, It's Collusion!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Maybe a little too strong. The point stands though that the coverage of Trump by a lot of members of the media hasn't been that great. The NYT and others should themselves to a much higher standard than Fox News or Alex Jones.
    So what they should lie and make him better. It isnt their fault he says and does stupid stuff.

If the NYT covers A and B equally and A makes a habit of embarrassing themselves all the time the NYT is under no obligation to make them look better than they are or make B look worse. Let me guess you think if a ref makes a bad call they should make a similar bad call the other way to "even things out".
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Trump reaches no-win scenario, legislature temporarily finds balls against the 50+ year old, Imperial Presidency
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        I respect their right to cover him, but not lies and slander. The media has been a complete embarrassment to our country over the last year or so. They used to at least try to maintain the appearance of impartiality.

As for republicans removing him, that is a VERY dangerous game. How do you even talk about it without him catching wind of what is going on? There are still 100 million people or so here who strongly support him.
        There's no chance that he has 100M strong supporters. He only got 62M votes, so your assertion that 38M people have become sting supporters in the last 9 months requires some evidence. 33% approval rating is not the same thing as having *strong* support from 1/3 of the people.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I mean, if he doesn't sign it, that is the clearest sign of all something is going on. By signing it, he gets to claim he's actually done something, which he is in desperate need of, and he gets to make himself look tough on Russia, which his people would jump all over as a sign nothing iffy happened. The only reason not to is he's more afraid of ****ing Putin and the Kremlin off than he is of his own countrypeople and Congress, which would make you wonder.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

"Handcuffing", eh? I thought only cucks enjoyed that.

The bad news, is that it sounds like they are trying to throw Orange Droolius a bone by starting to tear up the, "oarrible", "terrahble", "very one-zidid" Iran deal, as His Great Negotiatorness harped so much about on the campaign trail.

At this point, I would consider Russia more important, so quid pro quo, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              "Handcuffing", eh? I thought only cucks enjoyed that.

The bad news, is that it sounds like they are trying to throw Orange Droolius a bone by starting to tear up the, "oarrible", "terrahble", "very one-zidid" Iran deal, as His Great Negotiatorness harped so much about on the campaign trail.

At this point, I would consider Russia more important, so quid pro quo, I suppose.
              Supposedly it took over an hour to make him agree that Iran had met their requisites last week and wanted them to find a way to tear it up.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                You look at tD and see Satan Incarnate
                Anyone with a brain should

Comment

OK Joe, so you and the rest of our grandparents and uncles (and plenty of grandmas and aunts, and obnoxious cousins, too) wanted to shake up the establishment. I've heard all about that over the last year - I get it.

Was this really your idea of shaking it up, though? Ceding international leadership and authority to "Jhina"? Making us a laughingstock on the world stage? Appointing a kitchen cabinet that makes Warren G. Harding's administration look competent and saintly? Can't you see it's been, "a total disast-uh"?

Or is it all worth it since conservatives got to cling onto the SCOTUS for another 40 years. "D@mn the torpedoes! Four nominations! President Trump, go ahead! McConnell, full speed!" Is that it? I really think that's the heart of the matter for a lot of his voters.
                  Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 07-22-2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    OK Joe, so you and the rest of our grandparents and uncles (and plenty of grandmas and aunts, and obnoxious cousins, too) wanted to shake up the establishment. I've heard all about that over the last year - I get it.

Was this really your idea of shaking it up, though? Ceding international leadership and authority to "Jhina"? Making us a laughingstock on the world stage? Appointing a kitchen cabinet that makes Warren G. Harding's administration look competent and saintly? Can't you see it's been, "a total disast-uh"?

Or is it all worth it since conservatives got to cling onto the SCOTUS for another 40 years. "D@mn the torpedoes! Four nominations! President Trump, go ahead! McConnell, full speed!" Is that it? I really think that's the heart of the matter for a lot of his voters.
                    It was about giving "those smarty pantses" the finger.

Yeah. They sure showed us.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Trump has done nothing to change "the game" and joe is completely lying to himself to justify supporting this *******.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Trump has done nothing to change "the game" and joe is completely lying to himself to justify supporting this *******.
                        All that's true but you miss an important point. Mr. Trump claims to have done stuff, he claims to change the game, he claims to make progress in draining the swamp. Actually doing anything makes no difference, he'll get credit no matter what, and he'll blame any problems, no matter what the cause, on the opposition, even problems like him not appointing anyone to jobs.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          It was about giving "those smarty pantses" the finger.

Yeah. They sure showed us.
                          If they were so smart wouldn't they be in charge?
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            If they were so smart wouldn't they be in charge?
                            2:7:1 rule. Sometime the 7 choose poorly.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              All that's true but you miss an important point. Mr. Trump claims to have done stuff, he claims to change the game, he claims to make progress in draining the swamp. Actually doing anything makes no difference, he'll get credit no matter what, and he'll blame any problems, no matter what the cause, on the opposition, even problems like him not appointing anyone to jobs.
                              Actually, it seems to me that he's not drained the swap, he brought in new swimmers. dump's points about corruption and whatnot are spot on, but I never really thought it was *that* bad. But when he got into office, and clearly was putting HIS money and his cronies monies in front of the country- he did the exact opposite of what he said he would do. (and exactly what many suspected he would do).

The "change" is taking the bad parts of DC up a big notch.

We now have an executive branch that struggles with ethics concerns over money- more than any other president in recent memory.

And we have a legislative branch that is controlled by one party, and is so poor at what they do, they are totally locked up. A simple thing they have run on for 6 years, and they can't do a single thing about it??? Come on.

I can't understand anyone who thinks this is draining the swamp. Or is a change for the better. Or how this remotely makes us great again.

That is ignoring our stance on a global front, and ignores the russian thread crap. Both of which makes us look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                2:7:1 rule. Sometime the 7 choose poorly.
                                Including the so called smart ones, see hilary

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X