Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown Hockey 2017-2018: The Quest for Prosperity Continues

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
    Nice valiant comeback as your boys did not quit as they found their skating legs to start the second. Kania did look a little uncomfortable and seemed to fighting the puck most of the night. I would have to agree that the Lafferty line must do more. You can see that Lafferty has the big body and skill but no results. I thought the little defensemen Stillwell was your best player last night. Good luck tonight against a fighting mad Harvard team
    Stillwell is opening a lot of eyes. A lot of the brown fans saw that in his first two games. Nice to see it from you as well.

Comment

Stillwell is a good player. Fearless and not afraid to take chances in the offensive zone. He creates offense out of nowhere. We had a tough time with him last night despite the shutout.

Comment

Wasn't able to watch the Harvard game, but from what I saw on Friday I completely agree about Stillwell. The kid has talent! There were some bright spots against Dartmouth, and he was one of them. Overall, our defense looks to be much improved over last year's debacle.

Was Willman a healthy scratch last night, or did he pick up an injury/illness overnight? I was taken aback when I saw his name absent from the lineup. Even though he hasn't been scoring thus far, he needs to be in the lineup every night when healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
          Wasn't able to watch the Harvard game, but from what I saw on Friday I completely agree about Stillwell. The kid has talent! There were some bright spots against Dartmouth, and he was one of them. Overall, our defense looks to be much improved over last year's debacle.
          Hopefully the offense will start clicking. Tough game Friday against Clarkson but SLU is clearly beatable.

Comment

Some combination of two points this weekend should be our expectation, I think. Whether it's two ties or one win, I think we need to get points off these teams in our own barn. We'll know a lot about where the team is by the end of the weekend. If we can beat somewhat weakened SLU team, we might be in good shape to make a run later in the season as the underclassmen continue to develop.

Again, won't be able to make either of the games, which is a bummer. But I'll be at Fenway tomorrow night to watch the football team get walloped by Dartmouth, so that should be fun!

Comment

Wasn't able to watch the Harvard game, but from what I saw on Friday I completely agree about Stillwell. The kid has talent! There were some bright spots against Dartmouth, and he was one of them.
              Stillwell's pass, which set up Brown's second goal against Dartmouth, was a thing of beauty.

The best line against Dartmouth was actually the fourth line, with T. Dodd, N. Aibel and C. Berger. Dodd played his usual mistake-free game, Chris can skate like the wind (despite his small size), and Aibel had his best game as a Brown player. Aibel has played very well this year.

There are three small but talented players on the Brown team this year, all freshmen: Tony Stillwell, Chris Berger and Joachim Weberg. The three of them are playing tonight.
              Last edited by Euler18; 11-10-2017, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
                Stillwell's pass, which set up Brown's second goal against Dartmouth, was a thing of beauty.

The best line against Dartmouth was actually the fourth line, with T. Dodd, N. Aibel and C. Berger. Dodd played his usual mistake-free game, Chris can skate like the wind (despite his small size), and Aibel had his best game as a Brown player. Aibel has played very well this year.

There are three small but talented players on the Brown team this year, all freshmen: Tony Stillwell, Chris Berger and Joachim Weberg. The three of them are playing tonight.
                I thought the three played well - there is some talent there. Brendan has a solid frosh recruiting class. BTW, was Marchin DNP due to injury or something else?

Comment

Again, won't be able to make either of the games, which is a bummer. But I'll be at Fenway tomorrow night to watch the football team get walloped by Dartmouth, so that should be fun!
                  I trust you took your flask to fight the cold and numb the bad brown football team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                    I trust you took your flask to fight the cold and numb the bad brown football team.
                    Sobriety was certainly at a minimum! I left before halftime due to a combination of the weather and the score. I went to Frozen Fenway in 2014, when PC played Merrimack and BC played Notre Dame amidst negative-11 temps. This certainly wasn’t as bad as that, but it was windier and i had fewer layers!

Back to hockey...Glad to see Corcoran finally get on the board. We need him and Lafferty to get going consistently. Stillwell seems like someone who could become a fan favorite over the course of his career (next year’s thread title could be something along to lines of “Tony Thrillwell,” to the dismay of many).

Nieto was strong against Yale and Harvard, but his stats don’t look good from last night. Could he have done better on any of the goals?

Comment

Nice writeup with some thoughts looking forward from Divver: https://rinksiderhodeisland.com/2017/11/11/2587/

I agree with him re: tonight’s game. We outplayed Clarkson last night, but weren’t rewarded. Need a win against SLU.

Comment

Tony Thrillwell - I love it!

Comment

Nice win tonight! Completely dominated the game and probably deserved a couple more goals. Kania looked solid; big improvement over the Dartmouth game. The thing that's night-and-day from last year is the penalty kill, which probably had more zone time than St. Lawrence's power play unit did tonight.

Comment

Scouting the Enemy: Brown Bears

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...own-bears.html
                            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                            https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                              Nice writeup. Thanks for sharing!

I spent a few minutes looking at past schedules, and if my numbers are right (dubious, at best), we're 2-14-3 all time in games played at Quinnipiac including several playoff series. Yikes. This certainly seems like an opportunity to steal some points, as QU has largely been unimpressive in ECAC play and Brown seems to be an improved team thus far. But Hamden has historically been rather unkind to us.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing how we do - something I did NOT say very often, if at all, last season.

Comment

Based on last week's games, our scorers starting to score, players shooting more, and a good looking D, I am quite optimistic that this weekend is Brown's break-out weekend. I am looking forward to 2 Ws.

Comment

Working...
                                X