Brown Hockey 2017-2018: The Quest for Prosperity Continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
    Based on last week's games, our scorers starting to score, players shooting more, and a good looking D, I am quite optimistic that this weekend is Brown's break-out weekend. I am looking forward to 2 Ws.
    Always the voice of optimism around here! I’ll be thrilled if your prediction comes true.

Comment

Re: Brown Hockey 2017-2018: The Quest for Prosperity Continues

What can Brown do for you? A 5-0 Quinnipiac win

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...uinnipiac.html
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        Always the voice of optimism around here! I’ll be thrilled if your prediction comes true.
        I will take the split!! It looks like Gavin has figured out D1 hockey.

Comment

Not starting Gavin Nieto should be a fireable offense going forward. He’s clearly our #1.

Great to see Tommy Marchin get going, too! Agree with Mike - I’ll take the split, despite Friday’s rough outing.

Comment

Monday Morning QB - Nieto in net for Dartmouth and Q: 2 Wins? But I see Brendan's thinking - he has to give Kania an opportunity to see what he has.

Holy Cross should be another test and then Union and RPI up here. 3 more Ws? Both Union and RPI are riding hot freshmen goalies. Another 2 games to see how we stack up.

Comment

Monday Morning QB - Nieto in net for Dartmouth and Q: 2 Wins? But I see Brendan's thinking - he has to give Kania an opportunity to see what he has.

Holy Cross should be another test and then Union and RPI up here. 3 more Ws? Both Union and RPI are riding hot freshmen goalies. Another 2 games to see how we stack up.
              We might've won (or at least tied) the Dartmouth game, but QU overwhelmed us early and I don't think Nieto would've stood a chance either. Plus, we didn't score or even look particularly threatening at any point before I turned it off in the second.

Holy Cross beat Dartmouth and played a close game with Princeton, so that game will be a good test and a good chance for Whittet to tinker a bit without risking points in the standings. The Capital District trip is always a tough one for Brown, but I'm hoping we can come away with points (preferably plural). Then it's on to Vermont and then it's winter break already! Crazy how fast the fall portion of the schedule flies by. We have a chance to go into the second half of the season with a winning record – we'd have to win three and tie one, which is a big challenge but not impossible. Can't remember the last time that happened - maybe 2013-14?

Comment

Looking to see the team to continue its solid play from Saturday tonight. Last year HC controlled the game which was our opening game. Don't see that tonight even with HC apparently playing better than last year. 4-1 Brown!

Comment

I shudder to think what the attendance will be tonight. Sad as team is playing well and support would be nice.

Comment

Outshot HC 15-7 and thoroughly dominated the first...and we’re down 2-1. Nieto couldn’t do much on either. Have to play better defensively. Offense looks energized.

Comment

Nice win in a thorough performance! This reminded me a lot of the SLU game, in which we could’ve scored quite a bit more than we actually did.

We won 4 games last year. We’re still under .500, but we’ve already matched that total and it’s only November. Progress!

Comment

Upcoming games in the Capital District should be good ones. Union is starting to play well and has a strong freshman goalie and RPI is up and down but also has a strong freshman in net. KDiff - any chance of coming up? I will show you the town Solid core of player families and alums show up for the games.

Comment

Upcoming games in the Capital District should be good ones. Union is starting to play well and has a strong freshman goalie and RPI is up and down but also has a strong freshman in net. KDiff - any chance of coming up? I will show you the town Solid core of player families and alums show up for the games.
                          Unfortunately, no. Someday I’ll take you up on the offer! Would love to see a game in every ECAC barn.

Comment

Good omen for the weekend - Hathaway called up by Calgary. Lappin, Lorito and Harry Z are one injury away fro being called up as well. All 4 are having solid seasons in AHL.

I see Brown getting a tie with Union, a team which is really on a roll. I see a win at RPI, but it will be a struggle against what appears to be an up and down team.

Comment

A few paragraphs from Divver about the team’s improved outlook: http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...bruins-history

The most interesting part to me was Whittet’s quote about the selfless players on the team being a “refreshing” change. Makes me wonder if last year’s team was plagued by negativity from some since-departed players.

Comment

What a terrific comeback! I was out and unable to watch, so I was checking the score periodically. Was very disappointed when I saw it was 4-1 with 10 minutes left in the game, and couldn’t believe what I was seeing when I looked again about an hour later (seriously, I was walking and then I just stopped in my tracks).

Glad to see Tommy Marchin regain his freshman form recently! Let’s hope it lasts all season. We need a go-to goalscorer, and he has the tools to be it! Nieto didn’t have a very strong weekend on the stat sheet. He’ll want the first one against Union back for sure. Any softies given up against RPI?

Comment

Working...
                                X