Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Society has absolutely not put us in a constant state of war, the right has. Those things you list are creations of the right, throw in the war on Christmas, war on Christians etc. If it was a societal problem you would hear about things like the war on healthcare, war on immigrants, war on progressive taxes, but you don't. Because it isn't a societal issue, it is a far right issue.
    https://newrepublic.com/article/1294...s-didnt-matter
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Tell me who's that knockin'...
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Look I can link things too...
        http://www.drugpolicy.org/facts/new-...ory-drug-war-0
        While Clinton may have continued it, saying the war on drugs came from the left is a complete joke.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
          How does having more cops being shot fix the issue of them being constantly in fear of someone trying to kill them?
          Well if I wanted to just give the dick answer I'd say that at least if more of them were being killed I could understand their constant fear of someone trying to kill them. Screw it, I'm in a bad mood so I'll just let the dick answer speak for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
            Well if I wanted to just give the dick answer I'd say that at least if more of them were being killed I could understand their constant fear of someone trying to kill them. Screw it, I'm in a bad mood so I'll just let the dick answer speak for itself.
            And here is part of why the problem isn't getting solved soon.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Jesus.

In a speech Friday to law enforcement officers, President Donald Trump urged them to not be “too nice” to suspected criminals and gang members, and appeared to endorse certain types of abuse by police and immigration agents.

The address, in Brentwood, New York, was ostensibly meant to address the violence propagated by the MS13 gang. But, amid repeated raucous cheering and “thank yous” from the officers in attendance, Trump veered into several extended monologues on the value of being “tough.”

Toward the end of his remarks, the President gave a chilling example of what he meant.

“When you see these towns, and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see them thrown in, rough,” he said, referring to the arrest of alleged gang members. “I said, please don’t be too nice.”

“When you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over,” he mimicked an officer putting a handcuffed person in the back of a squad car, the officer’s hand over the suspect’s head. “Like, don’t hit their head and they’ve just killed somebody? Don’t hit their head?”

“I said, you can take the hand away, OK?” he concluded, to laughter, and then loud applause.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                And here is part of why the problem isn't getting solved soon.
                I'll own up to my 1/1000 of 1 percent. Now if we could just get cops to quit killing innocent unarmed non-threatening people we'd take care of the other 99.99%

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Don't forget, the Fraternal Order of Police brotherhood was a huge backer of Trump in the election. As were lots of municipal police departments and lead sheriffs across the nation.

Trump represents them 100%. Accidentally forgetting to lower their head jamming them in the door of a cruiser and all...
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Nothing like a full-throated endorsement of creeping fascism to start the weekend, right boys?

Comment

As I said in the POTUS thread, the cops he spoke to dont agree with him.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Saw this on 20/20 last night.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video...ry?id=48903893
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          Despicable actions by the officers, although with no audio we don't know if their claim that he voluntarily drank the liquid is true or not.

As a journalist, that's a tough story to watch as the two main interviews are the lawyer for the family and someone who is openly against the Border Patrol. Regardless, nobody forced this 16 year old to drink the meth in the bottles.

The lawyer for the ACLU told the reporter the later case of a BPO who sexually assaulted two sisters was closed. However, a minute later the reporter says the BPO says the case actually wasn't closed. So who do we believe in that situation?

There need to be changes in the system and unfortunately, that's not going to happen on a wide scale basis.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                            Despicable actions by the officers, although with no audio we don't know if their claim that he voluntarily drank the liquid is true or not.

As a journalist, that's a tough story to watch as the two main interviews are the lawyer for the family and someone who is openly against the Border Patrol. Regardless, nobody forced this 16 year old to drink the meth in the bottles.
                            Wow.

Comment

Anyone else see the video of the Baltimore cops planting drugs in a car?

Just a few bad apples though. You know, all turning off their body cams, standing by while a colleague plants the drugs, and then conspiring against another innocent.

Just a few. Not a big problem.

ETA: this is the second time in about a month this has happened.

I think it's time to record 100% of their activities. No more allowing them to turn them off. Don't care if you have to use the bathroom. The rights of the people far outweigh their right to privacy until they can prove themselves trustworthy.

This isn't acceptable.
                              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 08-02-2017, 07:21 AM.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Anyone else see the video of the Baltimore cops planting drugs in a car?
                                I think flaggy and someone before him posted it, unless there was another one.

Comment

Working...
                                X