Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Oops...

I'm sure the NRA will be deeply concerned about the death of this brown man exercising his 2nd amendment rights.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      Oops...

I'm sure the NRA will be deeply concerned about the death of this brown man exercising his 2nd amendment rights.
      I love the part where no one heard any warnings by the cops and one of the bullets appeared to be fired while the doors were closed. I am sure there will be lots of victim blaming though and of course the officers FEARED FOR THEIR LIVES!!!!1

I am starting to agree with something my dad said the other night...if the job is so tough and you are always in fear to the point you might murder someone quit the flipping job you arent fit to have it.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Were the cops so scared they couldn't read the address to? That's one of the more unbelievable lines in the article for me

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Were the cops so scared they couldn't read the address to? That's one of the more unbelievable lines in the article for me
          My question is...at any point didnt they ask the dude his name?
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            My question is...at any point didnt they ask the dude his name?
            If they shot thru the door then probably not.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              If they shot thru the door then probably not.
              Obviously the officers feared for their life and unloaded a round through the door when the pitbull charged at them...

...From inside the home.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I love the part where no one heard any warnings by the cops and one of the bullets appeared to be fired while the doors were closed. I am sure there will be lots of victim blaming though and of course the officers FEARED FOR THEIR LIVES!!!!1

I am starting to agree with something my dad said the other night...if the job is so tough and you are always in fear to the point you might murder someone quit the flipping job you arent fit to have it.
                I fully agree.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Maybe when people just start randomly shooting cops on a regular basis -- not the once a year things that scream in the headlines like last year's tragic massacre in Dallas or the seemingly random shooting of the cop in New York a couple of weeks ago -- the cops will finally realize they needed to clean up their act a bit. When it starts to happen -- and make no mistake, it will start to happen -- the cops will have none to blame but themselves. When a law abiding man can get shot to death because he wonders who is on his property at midnight, when a woman dials 911 and dies because she comes out to speak with the very cops she called, how can anyone sit there and say with a straight face this isn't utter madness we're living in? To some people the cops are becoming a bigger danger than the other criminals. And please spare me the crap about how these are isolated, rare, random events and how most encounters with the police are professional and don't result in death. That it happens once is wrong. That it happens over and over and over again is --or should be -- intolerable to all of us. No more can we allow people to make excuses for the police. Rein them in before the good ones start paying for misdeeds of all the bad ones. If there are enough good ones that is. We keep hearing from some of you that 99.9% of them are heroes and professional people who just want to serve their communities. Eff that. If that were true then the good ones would hound the losers until the losers left the profession. They know who these trigger happy idiots are. Until that starts to happen, I will continue to believe that 99.9% of them are not heroes. They are enablers of loser cops who are nothing more than idiots and bullies with badges.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    Maybe when people just start randomly shooting cops on a regular basis -- not the once a year things that scream in the headlines like last year's tragic massacre in Dallas or the seemingly random shooting of the cop in New York a couple of weeks ago -- the cops will finally realize they needed to clean up their act a bit. When it starts to happen -- and make no mistake, it will start to happen -- the cops will have none to blame but themselves. When a law abiding man can get shot to death because he wonders who is on his property at midnight, when a woman dials 911 and dies because she comes out to speak with the very cops she called, how can anyone sit there and say with a straight face this isn't utter madness we're living in? To some people the cops are becoming a bigger danger than the other criminals. And please spare me the crap about how these are isolated, rare, random events and how most encounters with the police are professional and don't result in death. That it happens once is wrong. That it happens over and over and over again is --or should be -- intolerable to all of us. No more can we allow people to make excuses for the police. Rein them in before the good ones start paying for misdeeds of all the bad ones. If there are enough good ones that is. We keep hearing from some of you that 99.9% of them are heroes and professional people who just want to serve their communities. Eff that. If that were true then the good ones would hound the losers until the losers left the profession. They know who these trigger happy idiots are. Until that starts to happen, I will continue to believe that 99.9% of them are not heroes. They are enablers of loser cops who are nothing more than idiots and bullies with badges.
                    Cops end up shooting people, both innocents and perpetrators, in large part due to a mindset we as a society have created or facilitated. That mindset is that we, the public, are in a constant state of "war" and the police are our soldiers. A war on drugs. A war on terrorism. A war on immigration. We use these terms to whip people into a frenzy on an issue, and the media laps it up.

We dress cops up like soldiers. We give them military titles like Captain, Lieutenant, Sergeant, etc... We even provide them with real military weapons.

We choose to do this. Don't blame the cops. They are just the pitbulls we train to protect us. They are not naturally vicious or evil.

Yeah, so maybe if cops just start getting regularly shot they'll calm down. Good luck with that.

The reason so many people here and in the public at large defend cops as a whole and decry only those actions of the isolated few is because of our own personal experiences.

In my 5+ decades of existence on this planet I've probably had 25-30 interactions with law enforcement officers in their official capacity. A handful of stops for driving too fast. Coming to my house regarding a flood evacuation. Accompanying an ambulance call to a house where I was at. Responding to complaints about fireworks we were shooting off. A few minor fender benders.

In a sizable number of those instances I wasn't particularly excited that I got a chance to interact with them. I was probably even mildly irritated by the event. In a few others I was happy they were there.

But I never felt truly afraid of them. They didn't harm me. They didn't even threaten to harm me. Their business was conducted professionally, for the most part, and we went our separate ways.

That experience is my own, but it's also the experience of a substantial majority of people in this country. It's a little bit like when someone tells you they got sick following a meal at a restaurant where you've eaten many times without incident. You don't get too alarmed about it.

Yes, it is bad when even one person gets killed by the police. We, as a society do need to reevaluate the whole military concept of our police force. But you're off base with quite a lot of this post.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Cops end up shooting people, both innocents and perpetrators, in large part due to a mindset we as a society have created or facilitated. That mindset is that we, the public, are in a constant state of "war" and the police are our soldiers. A war on drugs. A war on terrorism. A war on immigration. We use these terms to whip people into a frenzy on an issue, and the media laps it up.

We dress cops up like soldiers. We give them military titles like Captain, Lieutenant, Sergeant, etc... We even provide them with real military weapons.

We choose to do this. Don't blame the cops. They are just the pitbulls we train to protect us. They are not naturally vicious or evil.

Yeah, so maybe if cops just start getting regularly shot they'll calm down. Good luck with that.

The reason so many people here and in the public at large defend cops as a whole and decry only those actions of the isolated few is because of our own personal experiences.

In my 5+ decades of existence on this planet I've probably had 25-30 interactions with law enforcement officers in their official capacity. A handful of stops for driving too fast. Coming to my house regarding a flood evacuation. Accompanying an ambulance call to a house where I was at. Responding to complaints about fireworks we were shooting off. A few minor fender benders.

In a sizable number of those instances I wasn't particularly excited that I got a chance to interact with them. I was probably even mildly irritated by the event. In a few others I was happy they were there.

But I never felt truly afraid of them. They didn't harm me. They didn't even threaten to harm me. Their business was conducted professionally, for the most part, and we went our separate ways.

That experience is my own, but it's also the experience of a substantial majority of people in this country. It's a little bit like when someone tells you they got sick following a meal at a restaurant where you've eaten many times without incident. You don't get too alarmed about it.

Yes, it is bad when even one person gets killed by the police. We, as a society do need to reevaluate the whole military concept of our police force. But you're off base with quite a lot of this post.
                      Some good points, Hovey.

Comment

A lot of good points. The only thing that I think I would disagree with (and it isnt so much disagree just a counter point) is that if you talk to Black Men, their interactions with cops are very different than White People. Listen to well known Black Actors talk about their interactions with the Police (even after getting famous) and it is frightening. Some of that is training but some of that is inherent bias...something that doesnt exist in the Pit Bulls to go back to that analogy.

The problem is humans are fallible.

I dont want cops killed, I dont want anyone killed. The first step is to de-militarize the police in a major way. (the bad parts of town are not War Zones) The second step is to hold them to the higher standard they deserve. They need to be punished harshly. Third, they need to go back to being part of the community they are part of.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          How does having more cops being shot fix the issue of them being constantly in fear of someone trying to kill them?

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                            How does having more cops being shot fix the issue of them being constantly in fear of someone trying to kill them?
                            Fewer of them?

SJHovey nailed it.

As long as TPTB think of the Poors as a problem to be managed, like a Warsaw ghetto, then the cops will act like an occupying army because they pretty much are. Cops shoot innocent people because in America we treat our Poors like sh-t. To change the former we must change the latter but there is a strong complex of mutually reinforcing social myths (or intentionally indoctrinated brainwashing) in America that prevent us from even talking about it in a rational way. And so this will go on. The cops are as much victims of this as the Poors, they certainly have very little agency or even awareness of the trap society has put them in.

In this they are exactly like the soldiers we feed into the meat grinders overseas. Heck, they're the same people -- most of them are Poors themselves who needed the job to escape being on the business end of the weapon.

If there's any shooting to be done, the cops and the Poors should join forces and start shooting their mutual masters. Find the nicest street in town and start knocking down doors.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 07-28-2017, 10:13 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Left without comment.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Society has absolutely not put us in a constant state of war, the right has. Those things you list are creations of the right, throw in the war on Christmas, war on Christians etc. If it was a societal problem you would hear about things like the war on healthcare, war on immigrants, war on progressive taxes, but you don't. Because it isn't a societal issue, it is a far right issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X