Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

It keeps getting better, maybe Stephon Clark was just pretending to be hurt, it's not like they could reasonably assume he had been shot.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0edca2cbead74

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      It keeps getting better, maybe Stephon Clark was just pretending to be hurt, it's not like they could reasonably assume he had been shot.
      https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0edca2cbead74
      Do people actually think this is going to change? Unarmed black people are going to keep dying at the hands of the police. I guess when the cops start dying at the same rates, maybe that will change things. Or maybe enough of these dumb as s cops will just put their guns to their heads and blow their own brains out, since they routinely mistake things like cell phones for guns, maybe they'll start mistaking their guns for their cell phones.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
        As the title says, "before you boycott Starbucks, You May Want to Read This."

It is a thorough analysis of the situation from all sides by attorney Elura Nanos.
        I will just listen to what the police commissioner says Here
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Two people loitering around a Starbucks is suspicious.
          Their coffee ain't so great.

Go to Caribou.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            If I’m waiting, I always grab a coffee to show I’m a customer.
            That is the courteous thing to do.

If I'm out driving but don't need fuel but do need a "pit stop" I'll buy a soda/water/coffee at the place I stop at.
            Admittedly it's not much, but at least I didn't just stop to < bleep > on them.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              Go to Caribou.
              Caribou coffee tastes like sh-t.*

* It tastes like coffee.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Caribou hasn't been good in like eight years...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  I will just listen to what the police commissioner says Here
                  While conveniently forgetting he said this:

“As an African American male, I am very aware of implicit bias; we are committed to fair and unbiased policing,” Ross said. But he added “If a business calls and they say that ‘Someone is here that I no longer wish to be in my business’ (officers) now have a legal obligation to carry out their duties and they did just that.”
                  Which is it, Commissioner?
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

I don't really have as much of a problem with how the cops handled it as I do with the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      I don't really have as much of a problem with how the cops handled it as I do with the manager.
                      I think that's true of most people.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        Maybe he didn't understand jive?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Maybe he didn't understand jive?
                          You need a translator?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Where's Barbara Billingsley when you need her?
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              That is the courteous thing to do.

If I'm out driving but don't need fuel but do need a "pit stop" I'll buy a soda/water/coffee at the place I stop at.
                              Admittedly it's not much, but at least I didn't just stop to < bleep > on them.
                              Ditto.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Compare and contrast...

@stuartathompson: WOW at how these Canadian cops brought in this suspected killer –
                                Suspect: "Kill me!"
                                Cop: "No, get down!"
                                Suspect: "I have a gun in my pocket!"
                                Cop: "I don't care! Get down!"
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdgMFumDV-c
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X