This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Sometimes. In this case, I haven't heard one mention of racism, despite the cop being a minority and the victim being a caucasian. Haven't even heard a hint of it.
    Probably because he’s going to do time. Unlike the vast majority of (white) officers who shoot (black) suspects.

Comment

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Probably because he’s going to do time. Unlike the vast majority of (white) officers who shoot (black) suspects.
      And the locals were getting mad at the time it took to investigate this. IMO, they took the time to make it right. I think they are learning to investigate EVERYTHING and change the way police shootings are handled. Time will tell.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        And the locals were getting mad at the time it took to investigate this. IMO, they took the time to make it right. I think they are learning to investigate EVERYTHING and change the way police shootings are handled. Time will tell.
        What will be a better tell is when cops stop shooting unarmed people who pose no real threat.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          What will be a better tell is when cops stop shooting unarmed people who pose no real threat.
          WELL FRIGGIN' DUH!

Thank you, Dr Obvious. Carry on. JFC.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
            It's getting to appear that cops think they're in a war zone and it's shoot first and let God sort 'em out.

When did it change?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Jamar Clark. Even after all the videos were released, it was clear that the cops were in the right.

This case (Noor), they took all the necessary steps before charging.

The attitude nowadays is the cop is presumed guilty, before all the facts are investigated. The Castile case was an exception, IMO, but per the way the law was written, he got off. In this current case, even with the law as written, I think the cop is done, given the facts.

On TOP of that, I'm sure there are some things the public doesn't know, and might not end up knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                The attitude nowadays is the cop is presumed guilty, before all the facts are investigated.
                Gee, I wonder how that happened...

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Gee, I wonder how that happened...
                  Couldn’t have been all the unarmed blacks being killed...

Comment

And now they are doing their due diligence, and you two are still vilifying them.

You seem to want vengeance, not justice.

Comment

And now they are doing their due diligence, and you two are still vilifying them.

You seem to want vengeance, not justice.
                      And where did I say that?
                      I want them held accountable when they murder someone for no reason. As I have already said, I’m glad noor has been charged and I hope he’s convicted. I live a few blocks from where he killed her and know a little about this case

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        And where did I say that?
                        I want them held accountable when they murder someone for no reason. As I have already said, I’m glad noor has been charged and I hope he’s convicted. I live a few blocks from where he killed her and know a little about this case
                        You hope he's convicted, without hearing all of the facts? (BTW, I think he'll be convicted, knowing what I've read and seen, but I can't say 100%, because I DON'T know all the facts).

That's my point. Right there. And you just admitted your bias.

Comment

You hope he's convicted, without hearing all of the facts? (BTW, I think he'll be convicted, knowing what I've read and seen, but I can't say 100%, because I DON'T know all the facts).

That's my point. Right there. And you just admitted your bias.
                          My bias? Have you ever read your own posts?
                          I’m sure I am- he shot my **** neighbor.
                          Now for these other ones? The videos look pretty bad, and with all the crap like Baltimore going on, I’m not going to assume the cops are always innocent.

Comment

My bias? Have you ever read your own posts?
                            I’m sure I am- he shot my **** neighbor.
                            Now for these other ones? The videos look pretty bad, and with all the crap like Baltimore going on, I’m not going to assume the cops are always innocent.
                            I'm not going to assume all the cops are innocent, either. And I'm certainly not going to say a cop is guilty or innocent on my bias. I'm going to take in the facts as I know them, and judge without bias. Something that you just admitted you're not going to do on that latest post.

Comment

I'm not going to assume all the cops are innocent, either. And I'm certainly not going to say a cop is guilty or innocent on my bias. I'm going to take in the facts as I know them, and judge without bias. Something that you just admitted you're not going to do on that latest post.
                              When a guy is shot 20 times while holding a cell phone, no. It is a case by case thing- not fair otherwise. I have enough cop friends to know they deal with a lot of ****e people who can do bad things
                              I’ve heard enough facts on the local case to have my opinion- he’s kept his mouth shut the whole time by choice but his partner supposedly hasn’t- I’ve heard about some of his supposed testimony from some officers. Which makes sense to why he’s now being charged anyway

Comment

When a guy is shot 20 times while holding a cell phone, no. It is a case by case thing- not fair otherwise. I have enough cop friends to know they deal with a lot of ****e people who can do bad things
                                I’ve heard enough facts on the local case to have my opinion- he’s kept his mouth shut the whole time by choice but his partner supposedly hasn’t- I’ve heard about some of his supposed testimony from some officers. Which makes sense to why he’s now being charged anyway
                                And is any of that admissible in court? Is it legal? You have to take that into account, also. I have had 2 relatives that have served 78 years combined in the blue. Clean. 100%. Have heard many a story. People in this country are quick to judge (mostly due media). Hear the facts, the legal and presentable facts, THEN judge. Not too much to ask.

Comment

Working...
                                X