Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    I'm a little confused by the reporting from MLPS. So this woman was on the driver's side of the police car, presumably leaning down/towards the driver's window... And the officer riding shotgun is the triggerman?

So, this officer discharged his weapon inside the patrol cruiser firing across his partner and out the driver's door? Has anyone asked the other officer involved if his ears have stopped ringing?
    It is very confusing.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      I'm a little confused by the reporting from MLPS. So this woman was on the driver's side of the police car, presumably leaning down/towards the driver's window... And the officer riding shotgun is the triggerman?

So, this officer discharged his weapon inside the patrol cruiser firing across his partner and out the driver's door? Has anyone asked the other officer involved if his ears have stopped ringing?
      Or why he didnt stop him?
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Keep in mind, HD video takes up something like 1-8 GB/hr. Maybe more. Storage has issues. I suppose it's possible to get everything onto a 64 GB card. So maybe storage isn't an issue.

But it becomes an issue if you now need to store terabytes or petabytes of data for hundreds of officers and likely keep them for up to a year or more.
        I know with my GoPro the battery only last about an hour with HD. IDK how that works with them.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          I know with my GoPro the battery only last about an hour with HD. IDK how that works with them.
          Didn't even think about that.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            It is very confusing.
            I talked to a few buddies who are MPLS PD yesterday.
            They are also very confused.

Comment

Do we even know yet if this guys partner was in the drivers seat when he shot? That's what I want to know.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It is going to look really bad if this cop gets charged and convicted considering all of the other cops who have (literally) gotten away with murder.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  It is going to look really bad if this cop gets charged and convicted considering all of the other cops who have (literally) gotten away with murder.
                  I disagree a little bit. She didn't get pulled over by the cops, nor did she get the cops called on her by someone else. SHE called the cops to report something. It's a bit of a different animal, as of this point.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think he panicked. Just like Yanez. We'll see if they receive similar fates....
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      I disagree a little bit. She didn't get pulled over by the cops, nor did she get the cops called on her by someone else. SHE called the cops to report something. It's a bit of a different animal, as of this point.
                      That doesnt matter...if he "feared for his life" and he goes to jail despite that it will look bad. Black cop kills white lady = jail. White cop kills black man = justified.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Unless someone's home security camera has footage, there is no video here. And a video wasn't even enough to convict that coward Yanez.
                        Only thing I can see sinking him is his partners testimony and I won't hold my breath

Comment

Update from the bca today. Coward won't be interviewed but his rookie partner was.

ST. PAUL — The Minnesota Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) today confirmed identity of the two Minneapolis Police Department officers involved in an officer involved shooting incident on Saturday, July 15. The BCA is conducting the investigation at the request of the Minneapolis Police Department.
                          Officer Matthew Harrity has been an officer with the Minneapolis Police Department for one year.
                          Officer Mohamed Noor has been an officer with the Minneapolis Police Department for 21 months.
                          The Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office on Monday evening confirmed the identity of the deceased as Justine Maia Ruszczyk, 40, of 5024 Washburn Avenue South in Minneapolis. Ruszczyk died of a single gunshot wound to the abdomen.
                          BCA agents interviewed Officer Harrity earlier today. Officer Noor has declined to be interviewed by BCA agents at this time. Officer Noor’s attorney did not provide clarification on when, if ever, an interview would be possible.
                          According to the BCA’s preliminary investigation, officers Harrity and Noor responded to a 911 call from a woman now identified as Ruszczyk of a possible assault near her residence just after 11:30 p.m. Saturday. Officer Harrity was driving. Officer Noor was in the passenger seat.
                          The officers drove south through the alley between Washburn and Xerxes avenues toward West 51st Street in search of a suspect. All squad lights were off.
                          As they reached West 51st Street, Officer Harrity indicated that he was startled by a loud sound near the squad. Immediately afterward Ruszczyk approached the driver’s side window of the squad. Harrity indicated that Officer Noor discharged his weapon, striking Ruszczyk through the open driver’s side window.
                          The officers immediately exited the squad and provided medical attention until medical personnel arrived. Ruszczyk was pronounced dead at the scene. Both officers have been placed on standard administrative leave.
                          Officer Harrity told investigators that the officers saw an 18-25 year old white male who was bicycling eastbound on West 51st Street immediately before the shooting. This individual stopped at the scene and watched as the officers provided medical assistance to Ruszczyk. BCA agents would like to speak with this person, and anyone else who may have witnessed the incident. These individuals are asked to contact the BCA at 651-793-7000.
                          Crime scene personnel recovered a cell phone near the victim. No weapons were recovered.
                          Body cameras were not turned on until after the shooting incident. The squad camera was not turned on. Investigators are aware of no video or audio of the shooting. The BCA’s investigation does not determine whether a law enforcement agency policy was violated. That would be reviewed through the agency’s internal affairs process.

Comment

That doesnt matter...if he "feared for his life" and he goes to jail despite that it will look bad. Black cop kills white lady = jail. White cop kills black man = justified.
                            That's the thing. If you pull someone over, or respond to call and interact with the person who you were called for.....there's an already heightened sense of fear, no matter how well-trained. However, if you are responding to the person who called you themselves...meh.

Of course, we don't know the details yet. Still bothered by the lack of bodycam use.

You did mention the race card. Well, let's see some city blocks shut down and highways blocked, right? (I'm not serious about wanting that, but the lack of that level response is not surprising)

Edit: DGF: his lawyer probably told him not to say anything unless absolutely required.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I agree his lawyer said it, I suppose he may just keep quiet unless he's charged.
                              But I don't like that they can agree to just not talk to the BCA

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                That's the thing. If you pull someone over, or respond to call and interact with the person who you were called for.....there's an already heightened sense of fear, no matter how well-trained. However, if you are responding to the person who called you themselves...meh.
                                Based on the interview posted below it sounds like she might have approached them unexpectedly. She shouldn't be sneaking up on cops investigating an assault...

Comment

Working...
                                X