Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

And I thought my alma mater was bad... https://michaelsavage.com/2017/10/24...ublic-meeting/

Comment

Brave cop stands up to woman who "handed the ID card to me like you wanted to use it as a weapon and throw it at me.” Lucky for her she was white, unlucky for him it's on tape and he is full of ****.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
        Brave cop stands up to woman who "handed the ID card to me like you wanted to use it as a weapon and throw it at me.” Lucky for her she was white, unlucky for him it's on tape and he is full of ****.
        Oh the irony of him getting snarky about her exaggerating things...

Again how dumb is this waste of carbon? You are on video!

I am sure the punishment will fit the crime though. He will get desk duty for a week then be back protecting the streets of Oklahoma from a bunch of id ninja star throwing bike riding women!!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Should have arrested whoever called the cops on her for "looking at driveways"
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Body cams aren't going to make cops better, but college degrees and higher standards will

It's on the cops to make themselves better. It isn't on protesters. Or unarmed young black men. Or journalists. It's on the cops. Just once I'd like to see a dash cam or body cam (that doesn't mysteriously "malfunction" at just the right time...) that shows one cop behaving unprofessionally or dangerously or criminally and the other 17 cops who are on scene -- or even just one of the other 17 cops on scene -- telling him to behave in a professional manner. If one of the other cops in the room in Salt Lake when that nurse was arrested had taken the dick cop aside and said "hey, the lady is just doing her job, following the law and the rules. Lay off, you're in the wrong here, we have no good reason for the evidence you're trying to get" I'd have considered THAT cop an actual hero. It takes courage to do the right thing when so many of your peers are doing the wrong thing and expect you to go along. Hell, maybe they can take a lesson from some of our cowardly politicians and at least begin to speak up when they decide to retire. It might not be the same level of courage as someone younger and thinking they are in the middle of a career, but at least it would be something.

Comment

I'm sure there are examples of such but cops behaving correctly isn't newsworthy.

Comment

I dunno these days it might be newsworthy. The shock alone
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Michigan State trooper gets in a small parking lot accident, then covers it up

http://www.wxyz.com/news/local-news/...snt-he-charged
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    And I thought my alma mater was bad... https://michaelsavage.com/2017/10/24...ublic-meeting/
                    RPI isn't a conservative school? Most "nerdery" institutions are...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      RPI isn't a conservative school? Most "nerdery" institutions are...
                      Depends. The lower you go in the tiers the more you're training workaday bench techs and the more conservative they are. The higher tiers are training theoreticians and academics and they are more open and liberal.

RPI is solidly middle tier so they're probably middling politically. Of course, the only RPI grad I know personally is a radical feminist, radical liberal, incredibly sensuous BDSM sub, which is a lot more than I can say for any Tier 1 grad I know.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Depends. The lower you go in the tiers the more you're training workaday bench techs and the more conservative they are. The higher tiers are training theoreticians and academics and they are more open and liberal.

RPI is solidly middle tier so they're probably middling politically. Of course, the only RPI grad I know personally is a radical feminist, radical liberal, incredibly sensuous BDSM sub, which is a lot more than I can say for any Tier 1 grad I know.
                        Well, now I have to ask. Let's hear the Tier classification, by Ivy.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          Well, now I have to ask. Let's hear the Tier classification, by Ivy.
                          Overall:

I.1 HYP
                          I.2 Penn, Cornell, Coumbia
                          I.3 Brown
                          II Dartmouth

STEM:

I.1 Princeton, Cornell
                          I.2 Penn, Columbia
                          I.3 Harvard, Yale
                          II Dartmouth
                          Brown not present on picture day
                          Last edited by Kepler; 11-01-2017, 08:51 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I HYP
                            II Penn, Cornell, Coumbia
                            III Brown
                            IV null set
                            V Dartmouth
                            Lol, nice try ag boy.

I. HYP
                            II. Dartmouth, Columbia
                            III. Brown
                            IV. Penn, Cornell

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              Lol, nice try ag boy.

I. HYP
                              II. Dartmouth, Columbia
                              III. Brown
                              IV. Penn, Cornell
                              I readjusted below. They are all Tier I or II.

Your list is the Upper Class Twit of the Year ranking for Goldman or the tiers circa 1927 and Gatsby. It's a money map.

By the way, I AM a proud Ag boy. Entered in the Journalism program which was part of Agriculture & Life Sciences!
                              Last edited by Kepler; 11-01-2017, 09:03 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I readjusted below. They are all Tier I or II.

Your list is the Upper Class Twit of the Year ranking for Goldman or the tiers circa 1927 and Gatsby. It's a money map.
                                If you're including grad schools, I may agree, since that inherently puts Dartmouth at a disadvantage since it is far and away the smallest Ivy with barely any grad students.

But I'd take a Dartmouth undergrad over Penn or Cornell any day. (Or Brown depending on the degree - afaik you can graduate from Brown with a general studies degree taking all pass/fail courses. That may have changed, though).

Comment

Working...
                                X