Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Keep in mind, HD video takes up something like 1-8 GB/hr. Maybe more. Storage has issues. I suppose it's possible to get everything onto a 64 GB card. So maybe storage isn't an issue.

But it becomes an issue if you now need to store terabytes or petabytes of data for hundreds of officers and likely keep them for up to a year or more.
    So I read an article that the cameras have a built-in 30 second buffer, so if they don't have them on but something happens, the cop is supposed to turn it on, and it will show video from 30 seconds before that point.

That didn't happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    We don't necessarily disagree on the cops, Brent. I just don't want a cop slinging lead into someone who is running away, or hasn't presented a threat, regardless of skin color.
    I agree on you there. I could be wrong, but I think I'm a bit more defensive of cops than you are, in cases like this (obviously depending on the case).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

But it becomes an issue if you now need to store terabytes or petabytes of data for hundreds of officers and likely keep them for up to a year or more.
    This part.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    So I read an article that the cameras have a built-in 30 second buffer, so if they don't have them on but something happens, the cop is supposed to turn it on, and it will show video from 30 seconds before that point.

That didn't happen here.
    Interesting. It can't be hard to design them to automatically lock themselves on after registering a gunshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I agree on you there. I could be wrong, but I think I'm a bit more defensive of cops than you are, in cases like this (obviously depending on the case).
    And you're right. This is conservatism.

Several months ago, I stopped at a red light behind another car. Left a little room for the city cop on the corner to walk past. I motion for him to walk across, and he goes..."Huh?" He and I both laugh when he thinks I'm worried that I've engaged him. If I were black, God knows what would've happened.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Dash cams are often on even if they're in the vehicle.

Also if this officer is the same one that helped a homicide investigation (of a local Somali woman) during a recent The First 48 episode (about 1 year ago) he didn't come across as a nut-baller.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 07-18-2017 at 01:49 AM.

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Inspired by Actual Events
    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Also if this officer is the same one that helped a homicide investigation (of a local Somali woman) during a recent The First 48 episode (about 1 year ago) he didn't come across as a nut-baller.
    Sounds like this was plotted by John sandford - get Sloan to have a talk with him about all these dead women.

I'm a little confused by the reporting from MLPS. So this woman was on the driver's side of the police car, presumably leaning down/towards the driver's window... And the officer riding shotgun is the triggerman?

So, this officer discharged his weapon inside the patrol cruiser firing across his partner and out the driver's door? Has anyone asked the other officer involved if his ears have stopped ringing?

Lucia Apologist

That's how I've read it. I have absolutely no idea why his weapon was drawn inside the car.

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    I'm a little confused by the reporting from MLPS. So this woman was on the driver's side of the police car, presumably leaning down/towards the driver's window... And the officer riding shotgun is the triggerman?

So, this officer discharged his weapon inside the patrol cruiser firing across his partner and out the driver's door? Has anyone asked the other officer involved if his ears have stopped ringing?
    It is very confusing.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post

Or why he didnt stop him?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Keep in mind, HD video takes up something like 1-8 GB/hr. Maybe more. Storage has issues. I suppose it's possible to get everything onto a 64 GB card. So maybe storage isn't an issue.

I know with my GoPro the battery only last about an hour with HD. IDK how that works with them.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I know with my GoPro the battery only last about an hour with HD. IDK how that works with them.
    Didn't even think about that.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It is very confusing.
    I talked to a few buddies who are MPLS PD yesterday.
    They are also very confused.

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Do we even know yet if this guys partner was in the drivers seat when he shot? That's what I want to know.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

It is going to look really bad if this cop gets charged and convicted considering all of the other cops who have (literally) gotten away with murder.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    It is going to look really bad if this cop gets charged and convicted considering all of the other cops who have (literally) gotten away with murder.
    I disagree a little bit. She didn't get pulled over by the cops, nor did she get the cops called on her by someone else. SHE called the cops to report something. It's a bit of a different animal, as of this point.

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

I think he panicked. Just like Yanez. We'll see if they receive similar fates....

Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I disagree a little bit. She didn't get pulled over by the cops, nor did she get the cops called on her by someone else. SHE called the cops to report something. It's a bit of a different animal, as of this point.
    That doesnt matter...if he "feared for his life" and he goes to jail despite that it will look bad. Black cop kills white lady = jail. White cop kills black man = justified.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information