This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    The recent LeSean McCoy incident...I was FRY HIM.....wait a minute...okay, depending on evidence, maybe only slightly fry him. She's sticking to her guns. The infamous Duke case, or the Rolling Stone Frat Rape story....we've turned from innocent until proven guilty into the opposite. The public is the jury now, and I don't like it.
    I would agree and to your point...i also can't stand people who...when shown the evidence...refuse to believe it or somehow think that evidence is doctored because it doesn't fit their narrative of what they believe happened. That's become a big problem for me.
    I agree with you on the issue of screaming for evidence then complaining when it is given or refuse to believe it because it doesn't fit their opinion of what happened.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      I would agree and to your point...i also can't stand people who...when shown the evidence...refuse to believe it or somehow think that evidence is doctored because it doesn't fit their narrative of what they believe happened. That's become a big problem for me.
      I agree with you on the issue of screaming for evidence then complaining when it is given or refuse to believe it because it doesn't fit their opinion of what happened.
      For me, that is the issue here in this latest MPLS case.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        The recent LeSean McCoy incident...I was FRY HIM.....wait a minute...okay, depending on evidence, maybe only slightly fry him. She's sticking to her guns. The infamous Duke case, or the Rolling Stone Frat Rape story....we've turned from innocent until proven guilty into the opposite. The public is the jury now, and I don't like it.
        Innocent until proven guilty is a legal standard. We as citizens dont have to abide by that outside of a court of law and the continued use of that by people to defend the indefensible is ludicrous. I can believe a person is guilty without it needing to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, or even a preponderance of the evidence that is my right as a human being and an American. Unless I am on a jury your whole point is immaterial.

You can choose whatever standard you like, but dont pretend we all have to have the same standards you do. How many athletes have been accused of horrific stuff but nothing happens to them legally? (like say Reggie Lynch at the U) Sorry I am not going to pretend to think he didnt do it just because there isnt enough evidence to convict him. The law can say he is innocent, but I can also say I think he did it.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Innocent until proven guilty is a legal standard. We as citizens dont have to abide by that outside of a court of law and the continued use of that by people to defend the indefensible is ludicrous. I can believe a person is guilty without it needing to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, or even a preponderance of the evidence that is my right as a human being and an American. Unless I am on a jury your whole point is immaterial.

You can choose whatever standard you like, but dont pretend we all have to have the same standards you do. How many athletes have been accused of horrific stuff but nothing happens to them legally? (like say Reggie Lynch at the U) Sorry I am not going to pretend to think he didnt do it just because there isnt enough evidence to convict him. The law can say he is innocent, but I can also say I think he did it.
          Pretty sure you read the articles about things like this, though. You take into account what evidence there is, etc. You don't just read a headline "X is accused of raping Y" (for example) and simply say, "Yep, X is guilty. Not going to bother with anything else."
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

And that works in a logical time and place when the mind isn't being exponentially warped by not only a traumatic event but also by a history of of suffering unfavorable outcomes at an unfair rate. Fool me once...

Comment

“Two Georgia police officers have been placed on leave after body cam footage surfaced showing them using a coin-flipping app to decide whether or not to arrest a speeding driver.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...coin-to-decide

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                “Two Georgia police officers have been placed on leave after body cam footage surfaced showing them using a coin-flipping app to decide whether or not to arrest a speeding driver.”

Did they play the, "meow" game too?

Comment

Well at least they've moved up from arresting the black drivers.

Comment

There should be no "on leave" in this case. Fire 'em.

Comment

I think it’s kind of funny.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I do too.

Comment

You guys know my sense of humor. It IS funny, but still gotta fire 'em.

Comment

Funny yes. Punishable definitely.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              You guys know my sense of humor. It IS funny, but still gotta fire 'em.
                              Agreed. It is funny and some may take it quite well...still not professional in the slightest.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                Agreed. It is funny and some may take it quite well...still not professional in the slightest.
                                Yep.

Comment

Working...
                                X