Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Compare and contrast...

@stuartathompson: WOW at how these Canadian cops brought in this suspected killer –
    Suspect: "Kill me!"
    Cop: "No, get down!"
    Suspect: "I have a gun in my pocket!"
    Cop: "I don't care! Get down!"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdgMFumDV-c
    I won a bar towel at a police golf tournament that said "Canada, the land of polite police". In all seriousness, this literally hit close to home. I grew up about 7 miles east of Yonge St.
    Last edited by SteveP; 04-23-2018, 08:07 PM.
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Compare and contrast...

@stuartathompson: WOW at how these Canadian cops brought in this suspected killer –
      Suspect: "Kill me!"
      Cop: "No, get down!"
      Suspect: "I have a gun in my pocket!"
      Cop: "I don't care! Get down!"
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdgMFumDV-c
      That man would have had 8 quadrillion rounds in him in the US.

Take a look at what happened to the boston bombers. The one was almost murdered by the cops. Or the shooter in Austin, Texas. No active threat. The boat the bomber was hiding out in was just shot up with bullets without provocation. The Austin suspect literally had a robot drive up to him with explosives and blow him up.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        That man would have had 8 quadrillion rounds in him in the US.

Take a look at what happened to the boston bombers. The one was almost murdered by the cops. Or the shooter in Austin, Texas. No active threat. The boat the bomber was hiding out in was just shot up with bullets without provocation. The Austin suspect literally had a robot drive up to him with explosives and blow him up.
        Brown or black guys get killed for breathing. White guys shoot up a church and not only get taken alive, the cops take him out for fast food.

Comment

Reporter asks Toronto Police Chief Saunders: "How was [the van attack suspect] arrested without incident and not shot?"

"It's directly related to the high caliber training that takes place. The officers here are taught to use as little force as possible in any given situation."
          What a concept.

Comment

Officer who shoots up a “suspicious” car of black people sitting in the Walmart parking lot, killing one, was previously charged with a hate crime: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3950740

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Officer who shoots up a “suspicious” car of black people sitting in the Walmart parking lot, killing one, was previously charged with a hate crime: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3950740
              Meanwhile.

But remember, kids, there is absolutely no systemic racism in this great land of ours, and Black Lives Matter was just awfully divisive.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...per/499630002/
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Woof. Not good for the MSP.

And with what I know of the department, I'm really surprised he made it through the recruit school. (123rd class, 2012) Their recruit school is the toughest in the nation. Some dropouts from it go on to have good police careers.

Really disappointed the department continued to bury a problem like him. He should have been transferred out of the metro post at a minimum, if not outright fired.

And yes, I am aware that no one volunteers for the Metro assignment. There's a reason he was likely stuck there.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Speaking of the MSP- customs and immigration fined a woman $500 for having an apple she got on the plane.
                    Must have been a huge ***** on a power trip. I used to get caught with fruit all the time and they just took it away. I was working in London where my work gave us fruits every day and if I didn’t eat one I’d put it in my bag for the next day. Inevitably forgot a few in there. About died one day when the msp agent yelled “fruit!! We have fruit!!”

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Meanwhile.

But remember, kids, there is absolutely no systemic racism in this great land of ours, and Black Lives Matter was just awfully divisive.
                      It isn't just the racism that is a systematic part of our society, it is the proliferation of white supremacists among law enforcement personnel.

For decades now the well dressed and -- according to the white supremacist groups themselves at least -- well-spoken members of white power hate groups have told us how they are going mainstream. Their use of the internet, the avoidance of many of them dressing in the Nazi or white sheets and hood garb, the openly courting of voters for support, all of this has been openly known and acknowledged for years. The FBI has been warning local law enforcement for years now to be wary of white supremacists infiltrating their agencies.

Of course one of the large issues here is that there is a very incomplete data set to study the issue and be able to prove what most already know to be true. Former FBI director Jim Comey even acknowledges the difficulties the absence of good data cause.

How many of the unarmed black men being killed by police were killed by a black police officer? One would expect that if racial animus was not a factor then the killings would be spread among police officers of all colors. While not empirical evidence that one can use solely to conclude the existence of racial factors as motivation in these killings it sure seems to me that the officers pulling the trigger are almost universally white, even in cities where the officers are evens somewhat representational of the racial makeup of a city. It is easy to come to the conclusion that bigotry could be the underlying factor in many of these killings, especially in light of what we already know.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        It isn't just the racism that is a systematic part of our society, it is the proliferation of white supremacists among law enforcement personnel.
                        I suspect it's always been so. The police and the army are the two places folks like that go to get their ya-yas out. And before somebody's head pops off with PC Poutrage, yes of course the majority of people in both trades are just like the rest of us. But a job where you get to carry a weapon and maybe even use it is obviously an attractive option for the kind of sociopathic loser who has racial superiority theories or religious superiority theories or votes Republican.

There will be a lot of cops and soldiers on the Golgafrincham Ark Fleet Ship B.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 04-24-2018, 10:00 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I suspect it's always been so. The police and the army are the two places folks like that go to get their ya-yas out. And before somebody's head pops off with PC Poutrage, yes of course the majority of people in both trades are just like the rest of us. But a job where you get to carry a weapon and maybe even use it is obviously an attractive option for the kind of sociopathic loser who has racial superiority theories or religious superiority theories or votes Republican.

Regarding the military, I think the current crop of the most senior non-coms (the E-8s and 9s) and the mid-grade, flag, field and general officers began their military careers at a time when the service did an extremely admirable job of integrating and being open (at least based on color, gender issues have a loooonng way to go). But as our society has evolved over the last couple of decades I see similar issues affecting the military as I believe exist in law enforcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

From anecdotal reports the Air Force is pretty bad (“Jesus loves you, but only if you’re white”), the Marine Corps is the Marine Corps, and the Army and Navy are fairly good.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

What are you talking about? Racism doesn't exist anymore. The Supreme Court said so. It's just a series of individual lone wolf events; they're not connected in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Speaking of the MSP- customs and immigration fined a woman $500 for having an apple she got on the plane.
                                Must have been a huge ***** on a power trip. I used to get caught with fruit all the time and they just took it away. I was working in London where my work gave us fruits every day and if I didn’t eat one I’d put it in my bag for the next day. Inevitably forgot a few in there. About died one day when the msp agent yelled “fruit!! We have fruit!!”

Michigan State Police
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X