Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Utah nurse settles for $500K.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/10/3...00-settlement/
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      If you're including grad schools, I may agree, since that inherently puts Dartmouth at a disadvantage since it is far and away the smallest Ivy with barely any grad students.

But I'd take a Dartmouth undergrad over Penn or Cornell any day. (Or Brown depending on the degree - afaik you can graduate from Brown with a general studies degree taking all pass/fail courses. That may have changed, though).
      I was including grad schools. I don't even think ranking undergrad alone makes much sense because the normal distribution of student quality overwhelms the assets offered. I mean, HYP offers the best education in the world to an undergrad, but a third of the students at the "feeble four" of the Ancient Eight (HYPD) are $$ legacies who couldn't find their as-s with two nannies and a map.

In the end, nobody knows any school except their own, so comparisons are dumb. But they're fun, too.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I love it when Ivies unironically argue over which Ivy is the best.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Of course, the only RPI grad I know personally is a radical feminist, radical liberal, incredibly sensuous BDSM sub, which is a lot more than I can say for any Tier 1 grad I know.
        TMI?

Not surprised that type would come out of a nerdery, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I love it when Ivies unironically argue over which Ivy is the best.
          Agreed. When it comes to STEM I would hire someone far we’ll-rounded. Like a tech grad. Them or a Big Ten grad.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/11/...-fire-beating/
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              I'm sure there are examples of such but cops behaving correctly isn't newsworthy.

Imagine if all liberals were judged on some of our posters and their views.

Wait...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Not surprised that type would come out of a nerdery, though.
                Pretty sure she went in that way, too.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Miami football fan, drunk as hell, slaps a cop. The cop responds by punching her in the face. The fan gets charged with battery.

http://deadsp.in/Yh1jVQ5

Aren't there proper restraining methods for drunks?
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    Miami football fan, drunk as hell, slaps a cop. The cop responds by punching her in the face. The fan gets charged with battery.

Punch in the face worked pretty well
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Miami football fan, drunk as hell, slaps a cop. The cop responds by punching her in the face. The fan gets charged with battery.

Sorry I have no sympathy for her...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

GenPop at Rikers Island??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.77439947fae8
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          It is so cute the attorney for the cops is saying the sex was consensual...there is no such thing as consenting while in police custody. Not a good defense because if they admit to the sex they are going away for a long *** time.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            It is so cute the attorney for the cops is saying the sex was consensual...there is no such thing as consenting while in police custody. Not a good defense because if they admit to the sex they are going away for a long *** time.
                            Except in NY, apparently...from the same article:
                            The penal code prohibits sex between a corrections officer and an inmate, and between a parole officer and a parolee, but there’s no such provision about a police officer and an arrestee, Treyger said.
                            While they are also being charged with accepting sex as a bribe, I'm willing to bet the penalty for that is much less than rape.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

So the Miami fan barely grazes the cop - certainly not a "slap" - and he is one of at least 3 jumbo cops that are handling this woman and he cold cocks her and we get crickets around here?

This is an actual case of excessive force.

Is there something different about this case from all of the others?

Oh...

It's hard to follow what this thread is supposed to be about.

I have a feeling that attorneys are lining up to defend this woman in her "assault" defense and they'll be looking for a settlement.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                So the Miami fan barely grazes the cop - certainly not a "slap" - and he is one of at least 3 jumbo cops that are handling this woman and he cold cocks her and we get crickets around here?

This is an actual case of excessive force.

Is there something different about this case from all of the others?

Oh...

It's hard to follow what this thread is supposed to be about.

I have a feeling that attorneys are lining up to defend this woman in her "assault" defense and they'll be looking for a settlement.
                                If you're rude to a cop they're allowed to stab you in the face.

Because law and order.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X