This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Daughter was just rear ended by a county cop car. This should be real interesting.
    This gets interesting. Kepler knows the road. Driver #1 exits the ICC highway. Exit has a traffic light and right turn on red. Driver 1 rolls through the red light. Daughter slams on brakes and does not hit car #1. County cop SUV slams on the brakes, swerved, but hits the left rear bumper/quarter panel of daughter's car. Car #3 hits the SUV.

Driver #1 stopped and gets cited by county cop. Everyone had to wait about an hour for the supervisor.

Daughter and her kids are fine. Now the insurance company and the county get involved. Red tape here we come!!!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      This gets interesting. Kepler knows the road. Driver #1 exits the ICC highway. Exit has a traffic light and right turn on red. Driver 1 rolls through the red light. Daughter slams on brakes and does not hit car #1. County cop SUV slams on the brakes, swerved, but hits the left rear bumper/quarter panel of daughter's car. Car #3 hits the SUV.

Driver #1 stopped and gets cited by county cop. Everyone had to wait about an hour for the supervisor.

Daughter and her kids are fine. Now the insurance company and the county get involved. Red tape here we come!!!
      Glad everyone is fine.

If D#1 made the right without stopping, I'd ticket him for fail to stop and/or fail to yield to traffic on through highway. County cop and D#3 could be ticketed for following too closely if there is an applicable law in MD. It would depend on statements and physical evidence.
      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Cops arresting a nurse after she refused to draw blood from an unconscious man

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...police-n798021
        No apology from here. This "detective" is with the blood draw unit and he's pulling this? And it wasn't even the blood from the suspect, but the victim of the crash caused by the suspect.
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Daughter was just rear ended by a county cop car. This should be real interesting.
          Not as interesting as if she was black...

I'm very glad she is fine. Weirdly enough I have never driven on the ICC. In fact I'm not exactly sure where/what it is? I remember all the hoo-ha when it was being built (after being planned for, what, 40 years?) and that it connects 270 with... something? Maybe the beltway out around Dumfies or something? Like I said, I never have any reason to drive around there.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I270 in Gaithersburg to Rt 1 in South Laurel/North Beltsville

exits are (W to E)
            I270
            Georgia Ave (MD97)
            Layhill Rd
            New Hampshire Ave (MD650)
            MD29 / Briggs Chaney Rd
            I95
            US 1

It's pay by the mile and the toll also depends on when you drive with Rush Hour being the most expensive. You need an EZ Pass.
            Last edited by joecct; 09-01-2017, 04:37 PM.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Not sure if any of you have spent time wading around in a hospital while ill. A good nurse is a God send and that nurse goes to the top of the list. Unreal what that cop did to her. POS needs to be done now, not tomorrow, now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Not sure if any of you have spent time wading around in a hospital while ill. A good nurse is a God send and that nurse goes to the top of the list. Unreal what that cop did to her. POS needs to be done now, not tomorrow, now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                Well if the poor bastard gets fired, send him to Northeast Ohio. We love to hire disgraced cops around here, and our chiefs don't even bother to check resumes. I guarantee one of our departments would love to have a take charge guy like this on their force. Even better, I wonder if he failed to show proficiency with his firearm. If so, the big city of Cleveland is on line one.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                  No apology from here. This "detective" is with the blood draw unit and he's pulling this? And it wasn't even the blood from the suspect, but the victim of the crash caused by the suspect.
                  Agreed. What an idiot. I'm going to go ahead and arrest you for adhering to the law. I love the threats he throws at the other hospital workers. Sorry, man. Your badge doesn't hide the fact that you're acting like one of those 10 year olds that scream "FOUL!" whenever someone breathes on you on a basketball court in the neighborhood park.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Agreed. What an idiot. I'm going to go ahead and arrest you for adhering to the law. I love the threats he throws at the other hospital workers. Sorry, man. Your badge doesn't hide the fact that you're acting like one of those 10 year olds that scream "FOUL!" whenever someone breathes on you on a basketball court in the neighborhood park.
                    His badge may not hide that he is an immature POS, but it does give him the ability to act on his immaturity and his POS-ness. And who believes this is the first time he's done this? Guy's been a cop for a while now, so you can bet he's behaved in this manner before. How unlucky would he have to be if he was an exceptional officer who always acted in an appropriate manner, and the first time he completely overstepped his authority he had the misfortune of doing it on camera and to an experienced white professional woman who was simply doing her job exactly how she should have been doing it?

If I did my job horribly and committed a couple of minor crimes in the process of doing my job horribly, I would be fired and probably charged with the crimes I committed. In my job though I do not have the authority to arrest others or use deadly force to carry out my duties. When will we realize that we should actually be holding cops to a higher standard since they do have so much authority placed in their hands.

Comment

I just read the driver had a commercial drivers license...if that is true that changes the story. (though the cop was still an idiot to arrest her) CDL drivers agree to "Implied Consent" which means they can be tested at any time based on the rules of the state. I dont know Utah's rules but if they allow for a blood draw of the unconscious then the cop is right. He is still a moron but he is technically right.

(I dont care enough to look up the rules nor do I think it really matters cause the cop didnt need to be this way just pointing out a fact)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        I just read the driver had a commercial drivers license...if that is true that changes the story. (though the cop was still an idiot to arrest her) CDL drivers agree to "Implied Consent" which means they can be tested at any time based on the rules of the state. I dont know Utah's rules but if they allow for a blood draw of the unconscious then the cop is right. He is still a moron but he is technically right.

(I dont care enough to look up the rules nor do I think it really matters cause the cop didnt need to be this way just pointing out a fact)
                        Oooo, yeah, CDL is a whole different set of rules. The question is, did the cop and/or nurse know that?

I agree that the cop did not act in a professional way, though.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Wasn't he trying to test the pickup driver that got hit though?

Given how the guy is under investigation, put on leave, and the police apologized and admitted wrong doing, I doubt he was in the right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Oooo, yeah, CDL is a whole different set of rules. The question is, did the cop and/or nurse know that?

I agree that the cop did not act in a professional way, though.
                            I read the Utah law changed in 2007 and no longer allows it. If true means the cop didn't understand the law change

Comment

A CDL would only change things regarding the cop maybe being right about the blood draw...still wouldn't excuse the temper tantrum.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                A CDL would only change things regarding the cop maybe being right about the blood draw...still wouldn't excuse the temper tantrum.
                                Correct.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X