This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    So a bunch of judges on the highest court in the land cant tell within 2 minutes of research systemic racism still exists? Come on mookie that is ridiculous even for you.
    They didn’t declare it ended.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Of course that's what you were looking for.

You didn't see it because the video is blurred so as not to show nudity.
      Did he check World Star for the video?
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        They didn’t declare it ended.
        Yeah, they actually did.

"Regardless of how to look at the record no one can fairly say that it shows anything approaching the 'pervasive,' 'flagrant,' 'widespread,' and 'rampant' discrimination that faced Congress in 1965, and that clearly distinguished the covered jurisdictions from the rest of the nation."

No more racism!

Comment

Yeah, they actually did.

"Regardless of how to look at the record no one can fairly say that it shows anything approaching the 'pervasive,' 'flagrant,' 'widespread,' and 'rampant' discrimination that faced Congress in 1965, and that clearly distinguished the covered jurisdictions from the rest of the nation."

No more racism!
          Or it is not as rampant as it was 50+ years?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Yeah, they actually did.

No more racism!
            You must have a hole in your head.....

It reads anything approaching what was in 1965.

Comment

Of course that's what you were looking for.

Comment

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                People are people.
                Morons are morons, and education and familiarity with other people changes us and makes us better.

"Human nature" does not exist. Our behavior is normative. Norms are arbitrary and we can improve ourselves and our society. We are not doomed to be pigs for all eternity, and those who remain pigs aren't "natural," they're just deficient.
                Last edited by Kepler; 04-26-2018, 04:04 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Nope

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Nope
                    Yep.

You're making the classic mistake of confusing patterns observed in nature -- physical laws -- with patterns observed in society -- conventions. Racism is a convention, not a determined characteristic. We know this because people become less racist under the right circumstances. That doesn't happen with, say, trying to fly by flapping your wings. That's the difference between our physical limitations and our social handicaps.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      You must have a hole in your head.....
                      Not anymore, but the doctor did leave a pretty scar.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        Not anymore, but the doctor did leave a pretty scar.
                        "Pain is temporary. Glory lives forever. Chicks dig scars."
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Having a Cell Phone While Black

From the Facebook Page:

From Ex-NFL Player Desmond Marrow: "I was falsely arrested & taken into custody in Atlanta by the Henry County Police . I only had my cell phone in my possession and they claimed to be scared for their lives . I had no type of weapon in my possession. I was arrested for having a gun that turned out to be my cell phone. During the arrest the police knocked my teeth out, slammed me on my head and choked me out until I was unconscious. In addition I suffered a shoulder strain and a concussion. They threw me into isolation and labeled me a gang member because of my tattoos. I was fully cooperating with the officers with ZERO resistance.

I thought I was going to die. Henry County police dept was trying to keep me quiet, but once they found out I was a former NFL player & there was a video of the incident did they then try to drop my charges. They were basically trying to get me to sell my soul in exchange for the video not being posted and they would drop all the felonies and clear my record. They said I was resisting arrest, being out of control, spitting and assaulting the Officers by head butting them. But GOD recorded it and I have PROOF!"
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Having a Cell Phone While Black

From the Facebook Page:
                            But racism doesn't exist anymore.

Comment

Few bad apples, coulda happened to a white guy just as easily. Just look at all the videos of cops assaulting innocent white guys.

Comment

And yet people accused me of an overreaction when I say white supremacy groups are actively infiltrating police departments in many places in this country, despite well researched articles detailing just this in the legitimate media. I believe it is a bigger problem than even that media has led us to believe, in fact. This kind of behavior by police simply did not happen with such alarming regularity 30 years ago. It isn't just the advent of a camera in everybody's hands either that more readily reveals it. If it was, the cops themselves would be adjusting their behavior. The truth is it IS happening far more frequently. And since the cops know the chances of them suffering even as much as a termination are slim and none, nothing else is giving them much of a reason to stop.

What we are likely heading to, in five years, or maybe 10, but we're heading to it, is an entire population of people who so fear the police (rightly, in many cases) that they will be taking matters into their own hands. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already actually.

Comment

Working...
                                X