Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Let's put it this way: I *think* Noor's guilty. However, I don't have all the facts. I'm not on that jury. So I cannot 100% judge him, like you are doing. I don't hope for a conviction. I hope for a just decision. There is where you and I differ.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Let's put it this way: I *think* Noor's guilty. However, I don't have all the facts. I'm not on that jury. So I cannot 100% judge him, like you are doing. I don't hope for a conviction. I hope for a just decision. There is where you and I differ.
      That’s fine. We’re not going to agree On this case.
      I have a ten page paper to write on why our healthcare system is so crap so that’s what I need to go do now instead of arguing.

Comment

Brent, I'm sorry but you have an extremely unhealthy penchant for assuming cops are always innocent upon first look and it's really unbecoming. I would agree with you 100% that it's just as bad to assume a cop is guilty because of, "reasons" but that is not as common as you're making it out to be here. My best friend of 25 years has 2 kids that work for the BC police and I have one uncle that was a cop so I also have close ties to the profession. I actually think most cops are solid people and want to do the right thing, but too many do not and since they're in such position of power, and imho too often protected when doing wrong, that some of the prejudice is warranted and earned.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          Before they began firing at the unarmed man one or both officers were heard to yell "Gun!", another tactic to plant the seed in the minds of any bystanders or witnesses they had a "reasonable belief" there was a weapon present and they faced some sort of imminent danger. It's along the same lines of them yelling "stop resisting!" to people whether or not they are actually resisting law enforcement in any way, so witnesses could then be procured who assume the cops were being resisted in some way. Why else would they yell that? is what most people reflexively think.

And I love the way the police spokesmen describe events like this: "Fearing for their safety, the officers fired their duty weapons striking the suspect multiple times." So clinical. Their words are almost surgical, making it seem like these were highly trained and supremely qualified individuals, who were faced with but one and only one choice, to unload a couple of magazines worth of 9MM rounds on someone who presented almost no actual threat to two heavily armed cops.
          It's comin' right for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Jamar Clark. Even after all the videos were released, it was clear that the cops were in the right.

This case (Noor), they took all the necessary steps before charging.

The attitude nowadays is the cop is presumed guilty, before all the facts are investigated. The Castile case was an exception, IMO, but per the way the law was written, he got off. In this current case, even with the law as written, I think the cop is done, given the facts.

On TOP of that, I'm sure there are some things the public doesn't know, and might not end up knowing.
            That's how BLM was started. Was an understandable cause at first, but then they showed their true colors by being racist.

Blue Lives Matter is also in the wrong, as they immediately exonerate the cop because of the magic badge.

When will we meet somewhere in the middle?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              And is any of that admissible in court? Is it legal? You have to take that into account, also. I have had 2 relatives that have served 78 years combined in the blue. Clean. 100%. Have heard many a story. People in this country are quick to judge (mostly due media). Hear the facts, the legal and presentable facts, THEN judge. Not too much to ask.
              My wife deals with cops weekly if not daily. There are more bad apples than you'd like to believe; it's not a majority, but it's a substantial minority. And until the system is fixed to allow them to be weeded out, they spoil the whole bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                My wife deals with cops weekly if not daily. There are more bad apples than you'd like to believe; it's not a majority, but it's a substantial minority. And until the system is fixed to allow them to be weeded out, they spoil the whole bunch.
                My mother in law has worked with DAs and cops for the last twenty years. There are a lot of bad apples. Most of them are just boring bad: they shake people down, they cheat on their wives with the wives of other cops, they go whoring on the department dime. But that work also attracts purebred psychopaths. That badge is a license to kill and there is a kind of guy out there (always a guy) whose brain or dick is too small, who masturbates to that power.

And they all -- even the good ones -- cover for each other because durr blue solidarity durr.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  My mother in law has worked with DAs and cops for the last twenty years. There are a lot of bad apples. Most of them are just boring bad: they shake people down, they cheat on their wives with the wives of other cops, they go whoring on the department dime. But that work also attracts purebred psychopaths. That badge is a license to kill and there is a kind of guy out there (always a guy) whose brain or dick is too small, who masturbates to that power.

And they all -- even the good ones -- cover for each other because durr blue solidarity durr.
                  Not to mention the whole infiltration of white supremacists into police ranks being a problem throughout the years.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    Not to mention the whole infiltration of white supremacists into police ranks being a problem throughout the years.
                    Makes sense. Low intelligence, low education, blue collar white males with authoritarian fathers, often with a history of domestic abuse. It's the same d-mn profile as your average Klansman or Republican.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      I posted about this at some point and believe I was poo-pooed about being too worked up over what were obviously just a few bad apples.

White supremacists have for years now been talking about going "mainstream" but before trump they couldn't really get into respectful places of power in any great numbers. Yes occasionally one would get elected to some low or mid level political position, like a David Duke, but they were not openly filling the boards and CEO offices of Fortune 500 companies or taking over the halls of academia. Law enforcement is one place where they WERE able to make headway.

Part of the problem has been the oversized political clout too many police departments have been able to thrust on cities all over the country, both large and small. Politicians are afraid to take on law enforcement and the military, because as trump proves on a daily basis in the white house, 40% of our populous is really very impressed with tough talk and bluster. And a good portion of the other 60% honestly respects law enforcement and the military for the good they think they accomplish.

My guess is there are plenty of departments in plenty of places throughout the country that are rife with officers with KKK, Nazi and fascist sympathies. You think its bad now, wait until this generation of officers is in charge and are doing the hiring.

Comment

So the police are now the KKK......and some wonder why I get mad at the over-stereo-typing of the blue. JFC.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I don’t remember anyone saying that at all
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                            I posted about this at some point and believe I was poo-pooed about being too worked up over what were obviously just a few bad apples.

White supremacists have for years now been talking about going "mainstream" but before trump they couldn't really get into respectful places of power in any great numbers. Yes occasionally one would get elected to some low or mid level political position, like a David Duke, but they were not openly filling the boards and CEO offices of Fortune 500 companies or taking over the halls of academia. Law enforcement is one place where they WERE able to make headway.

Part of the problem has been the oversized political clout too many police departments have been able to thrust on cities all over the country, both large and small. Politicians are afraid to take on law enforcement and the military, because as trump proves on a daily basis in the white house, 40% of our populous is really very impressed with tough talk and bluster. And a good portion of the other 60% honestly respects law enforcement and the military for the good they think they accomplish.

My guess is there are plenty of departments in plenty of places throughout the country that are rife with officers with KKK, Nazi and fascist sympathies. You think its bad now, wait until this generation of officers is in charge and are doing the hiring.
                            You were saying, DX?

Comment

Ok, fair enough. He’s insane. But stop playing it like that’s what we’re all saying.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Ok, fair enough. He’s insane. But stop playing it like that’s what we’re all saying.
                                No no no no. I don't blame everyone. Hell no. There is a population that does, and that is what is p*ing me off.

Comment

Working...
                                X