Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    So solution when a cop is pointing a gun at you is what?
    I'm personally doing what he says, especially if I am unarmed.
    Maybe we should be a little bit more proactive about this problem than waiting until a gun is pointed at us... just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
      And right now, cops define anything more aggressive than sunshine and lollipops as being a mad dog. And the legal system lets them get away with it.
      And I agree with you. We don't need a paramilitary force in our cities, towns, and villages.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        So much for being "pro life", eh?
        Oh get off your high horse. A mad dog needs to be destroyed else it will do more harm. A baby is innocent.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Oh get off your high horse. A mad dog needs to be destroyed else it will do more harm. A baby is innocent.
          The Church, disagrees with you on that point, particularly given the advent of modern supermax prisons.

But you be you, Inspector Javert.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
            The long term solution is to make it so cops pull their guns far less often. That will involve training, a change in mindset, and almost certainly legal changes to things like qualified immunity and what constitutes a "good shoot".
            I don't disagree. I'm just saying that if the gun is pulled...I'm complying. Less likely i get shot that way.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Here's an idea: Take the guns away.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                I don't disagree. I'm just saying that if the gun is pulled...I'm complying. Less likely i get shot that way.
                Bingo.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

If only that were actually true.

Comment

I think I have some solutions for trix if a cop ever pulls a gun on him:

1. Run away in a zig-zag motion. Less likely to get hit that way.
                    2. Approach the officer calmly, ask that he lower his weapon, as trix is not a threat
                    3. Demand that the officer drop his weapon, and settle the dispute like "real men." It'll help convey the message if trix then gets into a boxing stance.

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

"Be white" is better advice than you've given so far.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        So, according to you, all cops are trigger-happy, just waiting to use their gun. And you say "DON'T do as they say."

Your logic is mesmerizing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          So, according to you, all cops are trigger-happy, just waiting to use their gun. And you say "DON'T do as they say."

He's saying "comply" isn't a solution. Because the problem occurs well before the gun is drawn. By the time the gun is drawn, there is no solution to the problem. At that point your life is in the cop's hands, and regardless of what happens he isn't going to face any consequences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

If they pull out their gun on you unjustifiably then isn't that the definition of trigger happy?

Yeah of course you should do what they say when they pull a gun on you but that doesn't guarantee **** and you (might be smart enough to) know it.

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            He's saying "comply" isn't a solution. Because the problem occurs well before the gun is drawn. By the time the gun is drawn, there is no solution to the problem. At that point your life is in the cop's hands, and regardless of what happens he isn't going to face any consequences.
                            This.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              This.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I love this thread.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X