Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 896

Thread: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

  1. #841
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    36,760

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!


    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  2. #842
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,531

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    He feared for his ankles. They were going to bite his feet right off of him.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

  3. #843
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    113,859

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    http://kstp.com/news/thurman-blevins...4985776/?cat=1

    "I'm not interested in seeing the tapes, wanna know why? Who wants to see a modern-day assassination, you already know what happened you don't have to see it," she said.

    Some don't want justice. They want vengeance. They don't wait for evidence. While this is the latest example, it's not the only one, from any person, in this day and age. Something ends tragically, and it ends in mob mentality.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  4. #844
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    29,916

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    http://kstp.com/news/thurman-blevins...4985776/?cat=1

    "I'm not interested in seeing the tapes, wanna know why? Who wants to see a modern-day assassination, you already know what happened you don't have to see it," she said.

    Some don't want justice. They want vengeance. They don't wait for evidence. While this is the latest example, it's not the only one, from any person, in this day and age. Something ends tragically, and it ends in mob mentality.
    Brent - if the frequency of ILLEGITIMATE shootings wasn't so high and so highly concentrated on certain pockets of the population perhaps people like her would be more open minded and less cynical from the onset? And perhaps if more people with your view, "walked a mile..."...

  5. #845
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    67,698

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Brent - if the frequency of ILLEGITIMATE shootings wasn't so high and so highly concentrated on certain pockets of the population perhaps people like her would be more open minded and less cynical from the onset? And perhaps if more people with your view, "walked a mile..."...
    Well stated.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  6. #846
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    113,859

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Brent - if the frequency of ILLEGITIMATE shootings wasn't so high and so highly concentrated on certain pockets of the population perhaps people like her would be more open minded and less cynical from the onset? And perhaps if more people with your view, "walked a mile..."...
    My point is, the victims have wanted videos released, evidence released, and now they are releasing them earlier and earlier. And then she says she doesn't even need to see it? That's bullsh*. That means you don't want justice according to the evidence. You want vengeance.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  7. #847
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    2,683

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    ďA police chief in Florida has been charged with telling his officers to pin unsolved crimes on random black people in town to boost the departmentís arrest record.Ē
    http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...n-random-black

  8. #848
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    25,375

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    My point is, the victims have wanted videos released, evidence released, and now they are releasing them earlier and earlier. And then she says she doesn't even need to see it? That's bullsh*. That means you don't want justice according to the evidence. You want vengeance.
    Considering the Humber of young unarmed black men gunned down in the street without any convictions, I think we can give them some leeway.

  9. #849
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    113,859

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Considering the Humber of young unarmed black men gunned down in the street without any convictions, I think we can give them some leeway.
    We could definitely give it to the victims/families if the demands for evidence weren't met.

    "We want videos!"
    "Ok, here are the videos."
    "We don't need to see them. We know what happened already!"

    See the issue?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  10. #850
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    25,375

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    Nope. Sorry.

    When young unarmed white men are being gunned down in the streets, we can revisit.

  11. #851
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    113,859

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Nope. Sorry.

    When young unarmed white men are being gunned down in the streets, we can revisit.
    I think we have a Scooby Jr.

    Completely ignoring the mis-guided demands and pleas of some of the victims' families.

    The police are GIVING THEM WANT THEY WANT when sh* goes down, and then they ignore PHYSICAL EVIDENCE. They don't even bother with it. Bias works both ways.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  12. #852
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    113,859

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    If one is going to not even bother with the evidence provided, then why demand it?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  13. #853
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    29,916

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    My point is, the victims have wanted videos released, evidence released, and now they are releasing them earlier and earlier. And then she says she doesn't even need to see it? That's bullsh*. That means you don't want justice according to the evidence. You want vengeance.
    Your point is moot in questioning her defiance and level of skepticism. My god man your reality and your logic are in fact illogical in the real world of those living this life. This whole process remains a slow burn and until someone in her shoes sees freaking smidge of an olive branch coming from the law enforcement community worth a **** they're going to continue to rightfully feel disenfranchised and persecuted.

    I agree with you in theory on many levels regarding this highly loaded subject with a myriad of facets: Secured guns, respect for authority, protests without starting violence, etc. But I just said, "walk a mile..." to you and your very first response completely overlooked that component of the equation which plays the MAJORITY part. If we continue to dismiss our "opponents" view as illogical and refuse to try and understand them we get nowhere.

    When my wife complains to me about something that at first appears to be about me but is actually about something else completely unrelated she's not looking to me to solve it, fix her, or talk her out of it, she's hoping that I st.fu and LISTEN. And on the rare occasion when she really wants me to give her advice I try my best to help. You have to stop trying to rationalize and an analyze this s**t in beaker - it goes way past that and has CENTURIES of build up getting us to this point. She's wrong to refuse to watch any video but you're just as wrong to dismiss her outright.

  14. #854
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    113,859

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Your point is moot in questioning her defiance and level of skepticism. My god man your reality and your logic are in fact illogical in the real world of those living this life. This whole process remains a slow burn and until someone in her shoes sees freaking smidge of an olive branch coming from the law enforcement community worth a **** they're going to continue to rightfully feel disenfranchised and persecuted.

    I agree with you in theory on many levels regarding this highly loaded subject with a myriad of facets: Secured guns, respect for authority, protests without starting violence, etc. But I just said, "walk a mile..." to you and your very first response completely overlooked that component of the equation which plays the MAJORITY part. If we continue to dismiss our "opponents" view as illogical and refuse to try and understand them we get nowhere.

    When my wife complains to me about something that at first appears to be about me but is actually about something else completely unrelated she's not looking to me to solve it, fix her, or talk her out of it, she's hoping that I st.fu and LISTEN. And on the rare occasion when she really wants me to give her advice I try my best to help. You have to stop trying to rationalize and an analyze this s**t in beaker - it goes way past that and has CENTURIES of build up getting us to this point. She's wrong to refuse to watch any video but you're just as wrong to dismiss her outright.
    I'm only dismissing her bullsh* of demanding evidence that she will ignore in the name of "justice." If she wants justice, she would watch all videos, take in all facts, and THEN make a decision.

    When you ignore evidence, then it becomes vengeance-based (or criminal-based, in the case of someone taking the opposite side). Take in ALL the evidence before making an opinion. Period.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  15. #855
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    29,916

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I'm only dismissing her bullsh* of demanding evidence that she will ignore in the name of "justice." If she wants justice, she would watch all videos, take in all facts, and THEN make a decision.

    When you ignore evidence, then it becomes vengeance-based (or criminal-based, in the case of someone taking the opposite side). Take in ALL the evidence before making an opinion. Period.
    But your dismissal lacks context and understanding man. Yes it's bull**** for anyone to demand evidence and then refuse it in hindsight, but one we don't know that she's demanded s**t, and even if she has her paradigm is couched in a world in which the police at an alarming rate does not work in her best interests.

    If I said, "I'd like to think I'd give anyone a second chance" only to find out my brother murdered my sister would my perspective be a bit clouded on the matter? I keep asking you to, "walk a mile" yet you keep avoiding that very real component of the discussion.

  16. #856
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    113,859

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    But your dismissal lacks context and understanding man. Yes it's bull**** for anyone to demand evidence and then refuse it in hindsight, but one we don't know that she's demanded s**t, and even if she has her paradigm is couched in a world in which the police at an alarming rate does not work in her best interests.

    If I said, "I'd like to think I'd give anyone a second chance" only to find out my brother murdered my sister would my perspective be a bit clouded on the matter? I keep asking you to, "walk a mile" yet you keep avoiding that very real component of the discussion.
    I've never denied bad police. I have been good friends with people who have been harassed by police. I GET IT. That being said, many victims' families are out for vengeance, and some around here seem to also confuse that with justice. In many cases, the COP WAS RIGHT IN HIS ACTIONS. But that's not good enough.

    Here's evidence that you asked for. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Here's proof he was a criminal and took initial action. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

    That's not justice.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  17. #857
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    29,916

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I've never denied bad police. I have been good friends with people who have been harassed by police. I GET IT. That being said, many victims' families are out for vengeance, and some around here seem to also confuse that with justice. In many cases, the COP WAS RIGHT IN HIS ACTIONS. But that's not good enough.
    If and when there's verifiable video evidence a cop acted correctly despite the initial public media trial and execution I guarantee most here would concede as elsewhere. But regardless and something you're still not understanding is that for this woman in this moment none of it matters because she doesn't have any reason to believe this situation will get a fair shake because far too often it doesn't happen.

    You've got to stop saying, "I get her but....". Just shut up (with all due respect), listen and try to understand. When her world stops being shrouded and clouded by injustice then and only then can you demand her to logically wait for it all to play out even if I agree with you 100% it would be the best course of action. Please man.

  18. #858
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    113,859

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    If and when there's verifiable video evidence a cop acted correctly despite the initial public media trial and execution I guarantee most here would concede as elsewhere. But regardless and something you're still not understanding is that for this woman in this moment none of it matters because she doesn't have any reason to believe this situation will get a fair shake because far too often it doesn't happen.

    You've got to stop saying, "I get her but....". Just shut up (with all due respect), listen and try to understand. When her world stops being shrouded and clouded by injustice then and only then can you demand her to logically wait for it all to play out even if I agree with you 100% it would be the best course of action. Please man.
    She said this after the videos were released.

    The Diamond case, and that Australian woman? Cop guilty. Saw all the facts, and although one got off on a technicality, he was guilty in action.

    This last one with the 911 calls about shooting? Cop not guilty, from all evidence revealed right now.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  19. #859
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    3,419

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    What about all the instances where the evidence shows a cop committing murder, yet they aren't found guilty? Think that might play in to her not needing to see the evidence? If the evidence actually lead to a different outcome maybe seeing it would matter more, but it doesn't. The evidence has almost always proven to not matter at all.

  20. #860
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    113,859

    Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

    Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    What about all the instances where the evidence shows a cop committing murder, yet they aren't found guilty? Think that might play in to her not needing to see the evidence? If the evidence actually lead to a different outcome maybe seeing it would matter more, but it doesn't. The evidence has almost always proven to not matter at all.
    And in the past, the evidence was most likely influenced (to put it politely). Now, with body cams, phone videos, etc...not as likely at all. Nowadays, if a cop pulls someone over, or interacts with a person, they have a sh*load of people making videos of them.

    Again, to ask for the evidence, and then say it needn't be watched, is pure bullsh*.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •