Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He feared for his ankles. They were going to bite his feet right off of him.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

http://kstp.com/news/thurman-blevins...4985776/?cat=1

"I'm not interested in seeing the tapes, wanna know why? Who wants to see a modern-day assassination, you already know what happened you don't have to see it," she said.

Some don't want justice. They want vengeance. They don't wait for evidence. While this is the latest example, it's not the only one, from any person, in this day and age. Something ends tragically, and it ends in mob mentality.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          http://kstp.com/news/thurman-blevins...4985776/?cat=1

"I'm not interested in seeing the tapes, wanna know why? Who wants to see a modern-day assassination, you already know what happened you don't have to see it," she said.

Some don't want justice. They want vengeance. They don't wait for evidence. While this is the latest example, it's not the only one, from any person, in this day and age. Something ends tragically, and it ends in mob mentality.
          Brent - if the frequency of ILLEGITIMATE shootings wasn't so high and so highly concentrated on certain pockets of the population perhaps people like her would be more open minded and less cynical from the onset? And perhaps if more people with your view, "walked a mile..."...

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Brent - if the frequency of ILLEGITIMATE shootings wasn't so high and so highly concentrated on certain pockets of the population perhaps people like her would be more open minded and less cynical from the onset? And perhaps if more people with your view, "walked a mile..."...
            Well stated.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

My point is, the victims have wanted videos released, evidence released, and now they are releasing them earlier and earlier. And then she says she doesn't even need to see it? That's bullsh*. That means you don't want justice according to the evidence. You want vengeance.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

“A police chief in Florida has been charged with telling his officers to pin unsolved crimes on random black people in town to boost the department’s arrest record.”
                http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...n-random-black

Comment

My point is, the victims have wanted videos released, evidence released, and now they are releasing them earlier and earlier. And then she says she doesn't even need to see it? That's bullsh*. That means you don't want justice according to the evidence. You want vengeance.
                  Considering the Humber of young unarmed black men gunned down in the street without any convictions, I think we can give them some leeway.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Considering the Humber of young unarmed black men gunned down in the street without any convictions, I think we can give them some leeway.
                    We could definitely give it to the victims/families if the demands for evidence weren't met.

"We want videos!"
                    "Ok, here are the videos."
                    "We don't need to see them. We know what happened already!"

See the issue?

Comment

Nope. Sorry.

When young unarmed white men are being gunned down in the streets, we can revisit.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Nope. Sorry.

When young unarmed white men are being gunned down in the streets, we can revisit.
                        I think we have a Scooby Jr.

Completely ignoring the mis-guided demands and pleas of some of the victims' families.

The police are GIVING THEM WANT THEY WANT when sh* goes down, and then they ignore PHYSICAL EVIDENCE. They don't even bother with it. Bias works both ways.

Comment

If one is going to not even bother with the evidence provided, then why demand it?

Comment

Your point is moot in questioning her defiance and level of skepticism. My god man your reality and your logic are in fact illogical in the real world of those living this life. This whole process remains a slow burn and until someone in her shoes sees freaking smidge of an olive branch coming from the law enforcement community worth a **** they're going to continue to rightfully feel disenfranchised and persecuted.

I agree with you in theory on many levels regarding this highly loaded subject with a myriad of facets: Secured guns, respect for authority, protests without starting violence, etc. But I just said, "walk a mile..." to you and your very first response completely overlooked that component of the equation which plays the MAJORITY part. If we continue to dismiss our "opponents" view as illogical and refuse to try and understand them we get nowhere.

When my wife complains to me about something that at first appears to be about me but is actually about something else completely unrelated she's not looking to me to solve it, fix her, or talk her out of it, she's hoping that I st.fu and LISTEN. And on the rare occasion when she really wants me to give her advice I try my best to help. You have to stop trying to rationalize and an analyze this s**t in beaker - it goes way past that and has CENTURIES of build up getting us to this point. She's wrong to refuse to watch any video but you're just as wrong to dismiss her outright.

Comment

Your point is moot in questioning her defiance and level of skepticism. My god man your reality and your logic are in fact illogical in the real world of those living this life. This whole process remains a slow burn and until someone in her shoes sees freaking smidge of an olive branch coming from the law enforcement community worth a **** they're going to continue to rightfully feel disenfranchised and persecuted.

I agree with you in theory on many levels regarding this highly loaded subject with a myriad of facets: Secured guns, respect for authority, protests without starting violence, etc. But I just said, "walk a mile..." to you and your very first response completely overlooked that component of the equation which plays the MAJORITY part. If we continue to dismiss our "opponents" view as illogical and refuse to try and understand them we get nowhere.

When my wife complains to me about something that at first appears to be about me but is actually about something else completely unrelated she's not looking to me to solve it, fix her, or talk her out of it, she's hoping that I st.fu and LISTEN. And on the rare occasion when she really wants me to give her advice I try my best to help. You have to stop trying to rationalize and an analyze this s**t in beaker - it goes way past that and has CENTURIES of build up getting us to this point. She's wrong to refuse to watch any video but you're just as wrong to dismiss her outright.
                              I'm only dismissing her bullsh* of demanding evidence that she will ignore in the name of "justice." If she wants justice, she would watch all videos, take in all facts, and THEN make a decision.

When you ignore evidence, then it becomes vengeance-based (or criminal-based, in the case of someone taking the opposite side). Take in ALL the evidence before making an opinion. Period.

Comment

I'm only dismissing her bullsh* of demanding evidence that she will ignore in the name of "justice." If she wants justice, she would watch all videos, take in all facts, and THEN make a decision.

When you ignore evidence, then it becomes vengeance-based (or criminal-based, in the case of someone taking the opposite side). Take in ALL the evidence before making an opinion. Period.
                                But your dismissal lacks context and understanding man. Yes it's bull**** for anyone to demand evidence and then refuse it in hindsight, but one we don't know that she's demanded s**t, and even if she has her paradigm is couched in a world in which the police at an alarming rate does not work in her best interests.

If I said, "I'd like to think I'd give anyone a second chance" only to find out my brother murdered my sister would my perspective be a bit clouded on the matter? I keep asking you to, "walk a mile" yet you keep avoiding that very real component of the discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X