Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Small footnote: many are paid off and corrupt, and many of the ones that are not corrupt end up dead.
    Is the implication that there aren't many corrupt cops in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    Is the implication that there aren't many corrupt cops in the US?
    I can't imagine at the level of police force that deal with all the cartels...
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

How many cops are killed by the cartels in one year? How many cops have been killed in the last DECADE in the US?

Hell at least everyone knows the cops in LA are corrupt...here people pretend they are above such things. It ranks up their with the belief that all veterans are good people and to say otherwise is disrespectful.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    If they march with BLM they will get branded terrorists. Millions of people watch games every day and this silent protest has got everyone talking. Plus it puts no one at risk lord knows what might happen at a BLM protest if it is in the wrong neighborhood.
    That last part I hadn't even considered, given what just happened with Bennett it's probably not advisable to suggest they go to a BLM rally. Especially now as states are writing up laws OKing cars hitting protesters.

So the police union asks the NFL to investigate Bennett, NFL tells them to FOAD. Good on the NFL.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

So the police union asks the NFL to investigate Bennett....
    What the eff for? Talk about puling a Tchump.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    What the eff for? Talk about puling a Tchump.
    It was about Bennett's false allegations, damaging the rep of officers, etc etc. They basically are trying to flip the blame to Bennett.

So the police will be joining the Browns for the anthem after all.

St Louis cop acquitted. Peaceful protest, everything is fine. Both sides (cops and civilians).

Apparently, some protesters decide to break the windows of a house (reportedly the mayor's), and cops respond to try and contain/disperse the crowd with nothing more than a big line of cops. MANY reports of cops being assaulted with water bottles, insults, etc. Cops still haven't done anything to respond, other than the line.

Yeah, this is not cool. Sadly, it was expected. I commend the peaceful protesters. I despise the outlandish ones.

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    St Louis cop acquitted. Peaceful protest, everything is fine. Both sides (cops and civilians).

Apparently, some protesters decide to break the windows of a house (reportedly the mayor's), and cops respond to try and contain/disperse the crowd with nothing more than a big line of cops. MANY reports of cops being assaulted with water bottles, insults, etc. Cops still haven't done anything to respond, other than the line.

Yeah, this is not cool. Sadly, it was expected. I commend the peaceful protesters. I despise the outlandish ones.
    is all I can say Brent.

There was an injustice in St. Louis today. After hearing how St. Louis Police Officer Jason Stockley said he was going to kill Anthony Lamar Smith, chased him down and shot him at point-blank range even though Smith was not holding a weapon, Circuit Judge Timothy Wilson pronounced Stockley not guilty and slandered Smith in the process, reasoning that Smith was a dope boy and saying that an “urban heroin dealer not in possession of a firearm would be an anomaly.”
    What did you think was gonna happen?

Yeah but you see when you ignore all the context then it's that much easier to just blame the protestors.

Jim:

Go ahead and roll your eyes. I commend the peaceful protesters. I commend the cops for not over-reacting to some of the unruly protesters. I condemn the unruly protesters. If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Lucia Apologist

God how it must be for you to be white.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    God how it must be for you to be white.
    Yup. Uh huh. Keep rolling, man. Do what you do.

He's not the one consistently rolling ITT.

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    He's not the one consistently rolling ITT.
    I am not sorry for not supporting smashing up the mayor's house, or not supporting violent protests. It's bullsh*. If you want to support breaking the law, have fun with that. I won't have your back.

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

I am not sorry for not supporting smashing up the mayor's house, or not supporting violent protests. It's bullsh*. If you want to support breaking the law, have fun with that. I won't have your back.
    What do we do when peaceful protests do not bring about the change in law enforcement that our society desperately needs Brent? We already know how opposed you are to having your commute disrupted. Perhaps the threat of seeing their businesses burned down will be the ONLY thing that gets the haves out there to realize they better find a way to address the needs of the have-nots. One of those needs is to not see so many unarmed young black men shot without good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    What do we do when peaceful protests do not bring about the change in law enforcement that our society desperately needs Brent? We already know how opposed you are to having your commute disrupted. Perhaps the threat of seeing their businesses burned down will be the ONLY thing that gets the haves out there to realize they better find a way to address the needs of the have-nots. One of those needs is to not see so many unarmed young black men shot without good reason.
    You are supporting arson? Really? That is simply ridiculous.

Which is a worse tragedy:

Case 1. A cop kills an innocent person.

Case 2. A perp kills a cop.

I propose if you think Case 2 is a worse tragedy you do not belong in law enforcement.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Which is a worse tragedy:

Case 1. A cop kills an innocent person.

Case 2. A perp kills a cop.

I propose if you think Case 2 is a worse tragedy you do not belong in law enforcement.
    I get what you are saying, and I think both are horrible.

Thread Information