Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Lucia Apologist

Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Continue.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

My neighborhood Nextdoor message board has really taken a turn.

Her fiancé is outside right now talking to media. Walked by there earlier with dogs, cameras everywhere all day. Police still saying nothing.

The police, the FBI, and the CIA are all trying to prove that they are the best at apprehending criminals. The President decides to give them a test. He releases a rabbit into a forest and has each of them try to catch it.

The CIA goes in. They place animal informants throughout the forest. They question all plant and mineral witnesses. After three months of extensive investigations they conclude that rabbits do not exist.

The FBI goes in. After two weeks with no leads they burn the forest, killing everything in it, including the rabbit, and plant evidence that the forest burned itself.

The police go in. They come out two hours later with a badly beaten raccoon. The raccoon is yelling: “Okay, okay! I’m a rabbit!”
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Payback is a *****

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Payback is a *****

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Not sure what you're referencing here?
    Sorry, a bit sensitive here. It's my hood, I'm tripping over media just trying to walk my dogs and this is all pretty real right now.

Scooby's post, partial: ....and they have body cameras but they were off at the time of this incident.

WHY WERE THEY NOT ON?

Seriously. That's the part that actually bothers me the most. Even more than a woman losing her life. This could justify her death, or condemn her death, the tools were there, and......nothing.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Scooby's post, partial: ....and they have body cameras but they were off at the time of this incident.

WHY WERE THEY NOT ON?

Seriously. That's the part that actually bothers me the most. Even more than a woman losing her life. This could justify her death, or condemn her death, the tools were there, and......nothing.
    I'm asking the same question

Lucia Apologist

They weren't on because I'm pretty sure the law only requires them on when they are outside of the car.

The dash cam was likely on but obviously it doesn't capture inside the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    They weren't on because I'm pretty sure the law only requires them on when they are outside of the car.

The dash cam was likely on but obviously it doesn't capture inside the vehicle.
    Ok, that is a good clarification if true. Thank you.

And the dashcam made sense from the outset. Can only capture what is in range (which is ahead of car)
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Lucia Apologist

Or more likely, the first time they step out of the car through the end of the incident.

Ok, that is a good clarification if true. Thank you.

And the dashcam made sense from the outset. Can only capture what is in range (which is ahead of car)
    All above is true. They likely didn't activate dash cam As they didn't leave their car.
    Then all hell broke loose

One of my friends in the MPLS pd gave a sad NarrTive.
    Cops have wanted diversity. Enter the first Somali cop in Minneapolis .

Enter this guy. Perhaps not fully trained. Tragic.

Lucia Apologist

It also sounds like there are a lot of department regulations as opposed to state laws about when the camera goes on. WCCO just had a "Good Question" segment about it. It has less to do with in or out of car and more about situational guidelines and rules.

It should be illegal for cops not have their body cam active, particularly in cities where they are required to wear them.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    It should be illegal for cops not have their body cam active, particularly in cities where they are required to wear them.
    That would be my position. On duty = cameras on.

That would be my position. On duty = cameras on.
    We agree on other things too, but I feel this is a breakthrough on this thread.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    We agree on other things too, but I feel this is a breakthrough on this thread.
    I know we differ on our police views, but really, if the cops have cameras, record everything. Period. I think that is just common sense.

I know we differ on our police views, but really, if the cops have cameras, record everything. Period. I think that is just common sense.
    We don't necessarily disagree on the cops, Brent. I just don't want a cop slinging lead into someone who is running away, or hasn't presented a threat, regardless of skin color.

WHY WERE THEY NOT ON?

I doubt their policies require them to have them on in the car. Likely to save storage space. Dash cam/audio may also not have been on - they only turn on automatically when the lights/siren are activated.

If the audio was on, it could be dispositive. Every cop video I've seen has in-car audio as well as external. The mic is in the back/passenger area, but it should still pick up whatever's going on in front.
    Last edited by unofan; 07-17-2017 at 10:50 PM.

Lucia Apologist

Keep in mind, HD video takes up something like 1-8 GB/hr. Maybe more. Storage has issues. I suppose it's possible to get everything onto a 64 GB card. So maybe storage isn't an issue.

But it becomes an issue if you now need to store terabytes or petabytes of data for hundreds of officers and likely keep them for up to a year or more.

Thread Information