Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    I'd like to see an officer charge at you with his gun drawn and see how you do at following his commands. I'm guessing the instinct to run like hell is pretty **** strong. And then when they yell I'll ****1ng kill you, it doesn't feel like stopping is a natural instinct either. Again, the way they rolled in, there was only one way this could possibly end. You're ok with it, I'm not.
    How about DROP THE GUN YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T HAVE, and let everything work out. You follow the cops' orders, you may spend some time in jail, and if it's a wrongful arrest, you get millions. And you are not dead. How about that? Does that work for you?

Edit: If you run, you dead. You didn't follow the instructions. How's that?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      and if it's a wrongful arrest, you get millions.
      Fantasy

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Fantasy
        You don't read the news much do you, or understand civil cases?
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          How about DROP THE GUN YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T HAVE, and let everything work out. You follow the cops' orders, you may spend some time in jail, and if it's a wrongful arrest, you get millions. And you are not dead. How about that? Does that work for you?

Edit: If you run, you dead. You didn't follow the instructions. How's that?
          He was not holding the gun. I don't know how many times I need to point that out. The gun was not in his hands.

Comment

I'd like to see an officer charge at you with his gun drawn and see how you do at following his commands. I'm guessing the instinct to run like hell is pretty **** strong. And then when they yell I'll ****1ng kill you, it doesn't feel like stopping is a natural instinct either. Again, the way they rolled in, there was only one way this could possibly end. You're ok with it, I'm not.
            I wouldnt have a gun and be firing it off.

I am sorry but you and trix can die on this mountain alone.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He was not holding the gun. I don't know how many times I need to point that out. The gun was not in his hands.
              He had already fired the gun. How many times do we have to say that to you?
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                He had already fired the gun. How many times do we have to say that to you?
                What did the cops see when they arrived? I've been told he was brandishing his weapon when they got there, false. I've been told he should have dropped a gun he wasn't holding when they got there. I'm not saying he didn't fire his gun, but the cops pulled up to a guy sitting on the curb talking to a woman with a small child in a stroller. There was no life threatening situation when they arrived. They could have toned it down a notch.

Comment

What did the cops see when they arrived? I've been told he was brandishing his weapon when they got there, false. I've been told he should have dropped a gun he wasn't holding when they got there. I'm not saying he didn't fire his gun, but the cops pulled up to a guy sitting on the curb talking to a woman with a small child in a stroller. There was no life threatening situation when they arrived. They could have toned it down a notch.
                  I think when they arrived you can hear one of the cops exclaim, immediately before they exit their car, "he's got a gun!" In the video, as stabilized and slowed down, you can clearly see the handle of a handgun sticking out of what looks to me to be the right front pocket of his shorts as he is sitting on the curb and leaps to his feet, but it could be his waistband. I assume when you are a cop called to the scene of someone discharging a gun into the air in broad daylight, the adrenaline is flowing, and when you see a guy with a gun, even more so.

The guy's gun was in his pocket, or the waist of his shorts, and at some point he pulls it out into his hand. The video pretty clearly shows it in his pants, and later shows it in his hand. That is a recipe to get shot when you are in the process of being confronted by or chased by cops. Leave the gun where it's at. Keep your hands away from it. Don't run. Don't pull it out of your pocket.

https://www.vo*****/identities/2018/...shooting-video
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

God Bless America

Massachusetts Town Loses Its Entire Police Force as All 4 Members Quit

For Elaine Greene, a retiree who emerged from the town offices carrying a three-pound toy poodle in a carrier, the sudden lack of local police officers was not a concern.

“I’m a member of the N.R.A.,” Ms. Greene said, smiling. “I can take care of myself if the need arises.
                    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/31/u...imes&smtyp=cur
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I’m not fully in jerp’s side here in the sense that I think the guy was dangerous given that he was firing a gun indiscriminately while hammered.

The problem is if he’s as dangerous as they say then sending one cop car by itself seems ridiculous and I’ve seen far more cops get sent to the dinkytown “riot”, peaceful protests, and other less dangerous situations (Rick Stanek sent IDK how many cops to the Dakota Access Pipeline ). You don’t get to have it both ways.
                      Last edited by trixR4kids; 08-01-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

There were 2 cops there and there need not be more in order to evaluate the threat level this dude created.

Comment

Idk how much I blame the individual cops and I see this as a bigger picture issue.

I just think that if you're gonna only send two cops for a super dangerous person firing his gun in the air but then also send far more than that to a peaceful protest, and then act like you couldn't have sent more people to the actually dangerous situation to deescalate it peacefully...

I can't say I get the logic there. I also think they could've just done this more safely from a distance using their loudspeaker and telling the guy to surrender rather than rushing at him guns drawn creating a foot chase that could've ended even worse than it did.
                          Last edited by trixR4kids; 08-01-2018, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            Idk how much I blame the individual cops and I see this as a bigger picture issue.

I just think that if you're gonna only send two cops for a super dangerous person firing his gun in the air but then also send far more than that to a peaceful protest, and then act like you couldn't have sent more people to the actually dangerous situation to deescalate it peacefully...

I can't say I get the logic there. I also think they could've just done this more safely from a distance using their loudspeaker and telling the guy to surrender rather than rushing at him guns drawn creating a foot chase that could've ended even worse than it did.
                            A protest is more than one person. Adjust cop population to a ratio that is needed to control crowd, if need be. It's not rocket science.

Comment

Obviously that’s true but you’d also adjust to the scale of danger as well. And at those events you had a disproportionate responses to the actual threat (hardly any).

There are some fundamental differences in how police react to some of these situations in other countries. https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...043906?lang=en

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Obviously that’s true but you’d also adjust to the scale of danger as well. And at those events you had a disproportionate responses to the actual threat (hardly any).

There are some fundamental differences in how police react to some of these situations in other countries. https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...043906?lang=en
                                That's about how we treat white guys here too.

Comment

Working...
                                X