Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

You know why all those reports about ineffectiveness and such make the news? Because it's news. It's not the norm. It stands out. You rarely hear about the hundreds of interactions that go well, because THAT is actually what happens every day.

And thank you for the compliments on my uncle. He is retired (finally) after 35 years on the force. He wanted to serve longer than my great-grandpa (33 years on the force).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Even if 1% of cops are bad 100% of police unions defend that 1%.

Comment

St. Louis undercover cop assaulted and arrested, USAF officer arrested for walking with his wife. U2 stagehand who was mere feet from the bar he walked out of thrown to the ground and arrested.

And their acting police chief celebrated these actions.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...9ebee.amp.html

Jesus fu**ing Christ. This is 1967 Detroit all over.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

This is insane. The entire STL police department leadership needs to be gutted for lauding these tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            St. Louis undercover cop assaulted and arrested, USAF officer arrested for walking with his wife. U2 stagehand who was mere feet from the bar he walked out of thrown to the ground and arrested.

And their acting police chief celebrated these actions.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...9ebee.amp.html

Jesus fu**ing Christ. This is 1967 Detroit all over.
            Hey man they were obviously doing something wrong. They should have just complied or something!

Lt. Alex Nelson, 27, who works in cyberoperations at Scott Air Force Base, was walking around his neighborhood with his wife when they became trapped between quickly closing police lines. He said he was kicked in the face, blinded by pepper spray and dragged away.

“It’s our street,” he said. “I hear the police say it was their street, but it’s literally my street. I have coffee on that street, and I own property on that street. We were not active protesters. We were looking into the neighborhood to observe events that were unfolding.

“I’m very sad how they treated me and my wife through the escalation of violence they used on me. It was incredibly unnecessary. I’ve had training on how to arrest and be arrested, and I capitulated to every demand that was made of me, even before I was on the ground. We were told to move back, and we moved back. We were told to move this way, we moved this way. We obeyed every command that we heard. We were never given an order to disperse. Not once.”
            Wait guess not.

This is out of control...this is martial law type crap. You cant just arrest anyone who is on the street just because you are assuming they are protesting. The amount of civil rights violations just in these few cases is astounding. And this isnt a rogue cop or some bad apples this is the entire department!

And more:

A documentary filmmaker from Kansas City, visiting with his wife, said he was knocked unconscious during the sweep. Drew Burbridge, 32, said he never heard orders to disperse until officers started to advance, banging their batons and chanting, “Move back.”

“I turned my camera off and asked if there was anywhere I could go, but I was denied the right to leave,” he said. “I didn’t want to be a part of this.”

Officers ordered him to turn his camera off and get down on the ground, and he complied.

“The only thing I cared about then was putting my arms around my wife,” he said. “I just, I just kept saying: ‘It’s going to be OK.’”

Burbridge said officers then grabbed him by both his arms and dragged him away.

“I just said: ‘I am a member of the media, I am not protesting, I am not resisting,’” Burbridge said.

An officer sprayed his face with a chemical, his head was forced into the ground and an officer ripped his camera from his neck.

Burbridge claims his hands were then bound by zip ties before two officers started kicking him in the back, neck, arm and legs while he lay restrained on the ground. He said he was knocked unconscious on the pavement for about 10 to 30 seconds.
            Last edited by Handyman; 09-23-2017, 01:07 PM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              This is insane. The entire STL police department leadership needs to be gutted for lauding these tactics.
              So disgusting. This is not a tiny minority anymore- departments are rotting. White people can keep denying this though.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                So disgusting. This is not a tiny minority anymore- departments are rotting. White people can keep denying this though.
                And accuse other whites of 'white guilt' when it's pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Of course it's a tiny minority. If it wasn't, why would they be reporting it as news? The news never reports anything that happens all the time. That's why it's news you silly-head.

Comment

Let's briefly depart from the usual tone of this thread to salute some first class police work.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Another senseless shooting by trigger happy cops: https://www.infowars.com/cops-kill-m...does-blm-care/

About 2:40 is when they actually get to the essence.

Comment

https://***********/AlexDRMather/sta...34998672621569

This is in Canada but a biker who comes to a complete stop gets ticketed and cars blow through the stop don't get ticketed. The officer then says that she would've given the biker a warning if not for people asking her why this is

Comment

So I was falling asleep and heard about six cop cars fly down the street. Turned on the scanner app. Sounds like there is some **** going down at Hyvee in Oakdale. Setting up a fairly large perimeter.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            So I was falling asleep and heard about six cop cars fly down the street. Turned on the scanner app. Sounds like there is some **** going down at Hyvee in Oakdale. Setting up a fairly large perimeter.
                            What became of this?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When the cops are chasing you, I'd advise not getting out of your vehicle with a long gun.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4335685-...g-near-audubon
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                When the cops are chasing you, I'd advise not getting out of your vehicle with a long gun.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4335685-...g-near-audubon
                                Did they find his friend in the wood chipper?
                                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
                                X