Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cops 5: Barney Fife, Now in Real Life!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    God white people have it so hard.
    Its that reverse racism dontcha know!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Do we even know yet if this guys partner was in the drivers seat when he shot? That's what I want to know.
      According to the news reports, it sounds like he was. I think that might make for an interesting twist in this case.

If I were his partner, I'd be pizzed this guy hauled off and shot this woman by basically shooting right across my face as I sat in a car. I can't imagine how loud that must have been, or how dangerous for his partner. I have a feeling given the shooting cop's age, lack of experience on the force, race, and the fact that he probably just missed shooting his partner in the head while sitting in a car is probably going to weaken the "blue wall" that typically is erected by the force in these types of events.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        According to the news reports, it sounds like he was. I think that might make for an interesting twist in this case.

If I were his partner, I'd be pizzed this guy hauled off and shot this woman by basically shooting right across my face as I sat in a car. I can't imagine how loud that must have been, or how dangerous for his partner. I have a feeling given the shooting cop's age, lack of experience on the force, race, and the fact that he probably just missed shooting his partner in the head while sitting in a car is probably going to weaken the "blue wall" that typically is erected by the force in these types of events.
        Both cops are rather new arent they? (thought I read that)

If video wont crack the Blue Wall this wont either.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Driver had one year experience.
          I pay the highest taxes in the city and they've got two kids with three years total exp in my hood (and we see zero police presence)- I would prefer rookies being paired with someone who is also not a rookie

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Noor was hired in 2015, and I believe was the more senior of the two. I think the other officer had only been around for a year or so...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              So, a loud noise is now a reason to fire your gun? Really? Is that what we're going to go with here?
              I guess that's the best they could come up. Takes time for everyone to get their stories straight, you know.

Fast forward to about 18 months from now, not guilty on all charges, just a "tragic accident after 2 brave officers feared for their lives".

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
                Fast forward to about 18 months from now, not guilty on all charges, just a "tragic accident after 2 brave officers feared for their lives".
                Maybe not. Victim was white and kinda cute. It helps that she's furn though.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  They were protesting Police Violence as a number one cause, and Police Against Minorities as a 1a cause. I hear silence (relatively) in this case. I stress the "relatively" part.
                  No they are focused primarily on these things. Google is hard I know http://blacklivesmatter.com/guiding-principles/

Comment

I wonder if Brent gets mad at groups that protect endangered species because they don't care about cows and chickens as much as he wants them to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Maybe not. Victim was white and kinda cute. It helps that she's furn though.

http://www.startribune.com/attorney-...ond/435415343/

Here's the defense. No way either of these brave officers spends 5 minutes in a jail cell. I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

You are all missing the point, and actually coming across as apparently a white life lost isn't as big of a deal. Jesus.

This isn't black and white. This is Blue/Not Blue.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
                          http://www.startribune.com/attorney-...ond/435415343/

Here's the defense. No way either of these brave officers spends 5 minutes in a jail cell. I'll believe it when I see it.
                          Pretty sure it went like this:
                          Lawyer: "... So fearing for both your lives, Officer Noor discharged his weapon at the suspect. It wasn't until you both exited the car that you saw the suspect was actually the complaint caller?"
                          Officer Harrity: "No, I had the window down and saw her approach...
                          Lawyer: *cough* "... Again, with the high tension in the community after recent events, you and Officer Noor were fearing for your lives and Officer Noor acted swiftly and bravely in relation to the time of night and the surroundings of the alley. Isn't that right?"
                          Harrity: "No, it wasn't anything like that, Noor...
                          Lawyer: "You. Feared. For. Your. God. Dammed. Fu**ing. Lives. Right?
                          Harrity: "OooooooooohhhHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh....... Yes sir. Noor and I feared for our lives. *Wink*
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

You are all missing the point, and actually coming across as apparently a white life lost isn't as big of a deal. Jesus.

It's both.

There's the issue of cops getting away with murder, and the issue of cops systematically discriminating against minorities. The two are often intertwined to the extent the first is more likely to happen to black people because of the second, but they are two different issues.

Comment

Also... Can someone sign up Officer Noor for the Guinness World Record of speed shooting?

This guy heard a noise on the driver's side of the patrol car, then from his *seated* position on the passenger side, unbuttoned and unholstered his weapon, ensured he was loaded, turned the safety off, and angled the weapon across his body (potentially if right handed) and across his partner, firing said weapon through either the door itself or the window (open? closed?). And hit his target.

And all this was achieved so fast, he didn't have enough time to be aware of his surroundings by turning his head to the left first to ensure what he was firing at first.

Amazing.

This has to be a speed record.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

No it isnt. unofan is correct.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X