Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 105

Thread: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Old Lyme, CT
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Anyone planning to be in Dayton for the William Smith at Conn College game this afternoon?

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Old Lyme, CT
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Conn looked solid beating William Smith 4-0 this afternoon at Dayton. Much more like the team I saw split with Middlebury at Kenyon back before Thanksgiving.
    Happy New Year!!!

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Old Lyme, CT
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Back to conference action this evening.
    My largely baseless predictions (guesses?):
    Middlebury@Amherst-low scoring tie
    Trinity@Conn College-Bantam upset
    Colby@Wesleyan-home cooking
    Bowdoin@Williams-former teammates collide; Polar Bear weather
    Hamilton-Plymouth State-Continentals are in 1st

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    628

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by obserbear View Post
    Back to conference action this evening.
    My largely baseless predictions (guesses?):
    Middlebury@Amherst-low scoring tie
    Trinity@Conn College-Bantam upset
    Colby@Wesleyan-home cooking
    Bowdoin@Williams-former teammates collide; Polar Bear weather
    Hamilton-Plymouth State-Continentals are in 1st
    As usual, hard to predict the unpredictable Nessy.....But here goes:

    Middy and Ammy....Splitsville. Even series.
    Trin and Conn....Camels get the sweep [unless Belinskas duplicates 50 save effort from last year].
    Colby and Wessly....3 Pts for the Cardinals [goaltending is the difference here].
    BoBo and Willy...Splitsville. [undefeated PBears get exposed playing half decent Eph team].
    Hammy and Plymouth....Conts with the win [still waiting for Hammy to play somebody].

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    628

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
    As usual, hard to predict the unpredictable Nessy.....But here goes:

    Middy and Ammy....Splitsville. Even series.
    Trin and Conn....Camels get the sweep [unless Belinskas duplicates 50 save effort from last year].
    Colby and Wessly....3 Pts for the Cardinals [goaltending is the difference here].
    BoBo and Willy...Splitsville. [undefeated PBears get exposed playing half decent Eph team].
    Hammy and Plymouth....Conts with the win [still waiting for Hammy to play somebody].
    bobo and hammy....lol. whaaaa happaa? any chance at top 10---is not happening...

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Old Lyme, CT
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by obserbear View Post
    Back to conference action this evening.
    My largely baseless predictions (guesses?):
    Middlebury@Amherst-low scoring tie
    Trinity@Conn College-Bantam upset
    Colby@Wesleyan-home cooking
    Bowdoin@Williams-former teammates collide; Polar Bear weather
    Hamilton-Plymouth State-Continentals are in 1st
    Good start to the season: 0 for 5

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    628

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by obserbear View Post
    Good start to the season: 0 for 5
    actually...Middy and Ammy were 1-1 today....so you nailed that one!

    look out for dem Camels...all downhill from here.

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    628

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
    actually...Middy and Ammy were 1-1 today....so you nailed that one!

    look out for dem Camels...all downhill from here.

    Camels lost a tough one but outplayed a very, very good St. A's team tonight ...When you go 0-6 on the PP and look horrible in the process, you aren't going to win games against good teams...[that and giving up a goal on.... only 8 shots against?]. Coach Hint: you need to spend 30 min per practice on the PP [and get someone--anyone.. who can actually shoot from the point]...wow, if only this team still had a few of our seniors....18, 29 and 16 from last year...oh well. On the bright side, Hamilton has now been exposed as a paper tiger [as usual]. nescac will be Midd vs Conn.

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
    Camels lost a tough one but outplayed a very, very good St. A's team tonight ...When you go 0-6 on the PP and look horrible in the process, you aren't going to win games against good teams...[that and giving up a goal on.... only 8 shots against?]. Coach Hint: you need to spend 30 min per practice on the PP [and get someone--anyone.. who can actually shoot from the point]...wow, if only this team still had a few of our seniors....18, 29 and 16 from last year...oh well. On the bright side, Hamilton has now been exposed as a paper tiger [as usual]. nescac will be Midd vs Conn.
    You should take over as the Conn coach. They could use someone that has a clue to run the program.

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Old Lyme, CT
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Middlebury (6-3-1) came out flying and skated past Morrisville (8-5-2) by a 4-1 final this evening at Kenyon.

    The Panther forecheck yielded early dividends when Barney forced a turnover in the right corner and fed Leidt who walked in on net and lifted a backhand beating Mustang goalie Arvik up stickside. The lead grew on a powerplay: Wulf moving the puck out to Ryan on right point, and Ryan floating the puck to Zumwinkle at the top of the left circle for a drive into the top of the net beating Arvik up stickside.

    A carry over powerplay from the 1st resulted in a 3-0 less than a minute into the 2nd. Marotta fed left along the blueline to Leidt; her drive was fought off by Arvik only to be tipped home by Winslow. The fourth Panther goal looked a lot like a powerplay with Winslow working up the left half boards, getting the puck across to Tipler at right point and the drive deftly deflected by Hlinka through skates and sticks and the 5 hole.

    The Mustangs seemed to find their legs a bit more for the 3rd and the Panthers were not attacking as ferociously as the 1st. Morrisville played hard until the end and their effort paid off with a goal at 19:56. Schlake worked from the left wing corner, Lark got the puck to the net, Panther goalie Goldstein made a stop and Ujcik found the puck for the score from the stickside of the crease.

    Middlebury travels to UMB Friday and then up to Endicott on Saturday afternoon.
    Morrisville has a quick turnaround, as they probably are home at 3am and hit the ice 12 hours later when they host Castleton at 3pm!

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    628

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    After a semi-successful guessing game last week...here goes nothing:

    Amherst @ Bowdoin Sweep for the Old Lord Jeffs
    Williams @ Colby Should be an Eeeph sweep, but give Colby 1pt playing at home
    Wesleyan @ (8) Conn Sweep for the Camels in two low scoring games.
    Trinity @ Hamilton Should be a Conts sweep, but I'm thinking a split.
    (7) Middlebury @ UMB/Endicott....Middy in a weekend sweep vs. two non-conf pretenders.

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    628

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
    After a semi-successful guessing game last week...here goes nothing:

    Amherst @ Bowdoin Sweep for the Old Lord Jeffs
    Williams @ Colby Should be an Eeeph sweep, but give Colby 1pt playing at home
    Wesleyan @ (8) Conn Sweep for the Camels in two low scoring games.
    Trinity @ Hamilton Should be a Conts sweep, but I'm thinking a split.
    (7) Middlebury @ UMB/Endicott....Middy in a weekend sweep vs. two non-conf pretenders.
    so far, so good.

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Old Lyme, CT
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Wesleyan 1 Conn 0 end of 2

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Old Lyme, CT
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Bit of a ding for the Camels, eh?

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by obserbear View Post
    Bit of a ding for the Camels, eh?
    What else is new?! Every year this coach finds a way to have her team underperform. Big brutal bench boss!

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    628

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    What else is new?! Every year this coach finds a way to have her team underperform. Big brutal bench boss!

    Hard to argue the point. though recently the kids share a lot of the blame...you can't score 1 goal on nearly 100 shots [about the total vs. St. A's and today's Wesly game]...I think the PP was something like 1 for 14??? and at home no less... Brutal.

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    628

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
    Hard to argue the point. though recently the kids share a lot of the blame...you can't score 1 goal on nearly 100 shots [about the total vs. St. A's and today's Wesly game]...I think the PP was something like 1 for 14??? and at home no less... Brutal.

    on the other hand, don't say I didn't tell ya so on Bowdoin [terrible team] and Endicott [joke schedule had them ranked #7...don't belong anywhere near the top 10]

  18. #58

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,439

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Endicott 1. Norwich 4 F

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Old Lyme, CT
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: NESCAC 2017 to 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Endicott 1. Norwich 4 F
    CHC vs NEHC? Tough week for the Gulls...

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Endicott 1. Norwich 4 F
    So is this the so-called blowout that most of us know-it-alls were predicting?! Can anybody who was there give a better game report than what the scoresheet shows on collegehockeystats please?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •