• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    So who ended up being captain?
    Still no word...

I "forgot" about the game until late so I got there at the end of the 2nd intermission. From what I could see Western Ontario really sucks, Michigan still makes those frustrating turnovers in our own zone. All in all Michigan was bigger, faster, stronger, more talented, etc. Basically you couldn't really tell anything for sure tonight. I'm cautiously optimistic though...
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      Still no word...

I "forgot" about the game until late so I got there at the end of the 2nd intermission. From what I could see Western Ontario really sucks, Michigan still makes those frustrating turnovers in our own zone. All in all Michigan was bigger, faster, stronger, more talented, etc. Basically you couldn't really tell anything for sure tonight. I'm cautiously optimistic though...
      Uh........Michigan looked like a completely different team last night.

Disciplined, aggressive, fast. I know it was UWO, but Michigan has lost to these Canadian teams in recent years. I expected a game.

From the jump in the 1st period, the play was definitely something we haven't seen in years. Go watch the replay.
      ---
      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
      19 Conference Championships
      10 Conference Tournament Championships
      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
        Uh........Michigan looked like a completely different team last night.

Disciplined, aggressive, fast. I know it was UWO, but Michigan has lost to these Canadian teams in recent years. I expected a game.

From the jump in the 1st period, the play was definitely something we haven't seen in years. Go watch the replay.
        Re-read my OP, I didn't see the first two periods. That had A LOT to do with my evaluation. I did see carelessness with the puck in our own end. Unfortunately (or fortunately) most of the play was at the opposite end of the ice from where I was sitting. UWO was simply out manned, it' hard to take much from these games. Sure Michigan looked good against an inferior opponent but what is going to happen when we play ****** and faster teams? I am not saying that we are in trouble, just that we don't know yet.
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

So who ended up being captain?
          Still a mystery.
          The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Re: the picnic- apparently there are some new NCAA rules that effect the picnic. Which is why it's taking so long to set up.
            Originally posted by umichjim View Post
            It is official. No Deker Picnic this year.
            Everyone knows already but I stumbled upon this:

https://dekers.org/

Comment

My take-away from Saturday night was mostly that Michigan is a faster, better team than Western Ontario. They couldn't keep up and took a lot of penalties because of that, and then even more penalties due to frustration.

Cautious optimism so far. My friends and I are headed to upstate New York this weekend for the games, so we'll see how we match up against some D1 competition.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

Re-read my OP, I didn't see the first two periods. That had A LOT to do with my evaluation. I did see carelessness with the puck in our own end. Unfortunately (or fortunately) most of the play was at the opposite end of the ice from where I was sitting. UWO was simply out manned, it' hard to take much from these games. Sure Michigan looked good against an inferior opponent but what is going to happen when we play ****** and faster teams? I am not saying that we are in trouble, just that we don't know yet.
                Uhh autocorrect?....

Comment

If you're not in the North Country this weekend

Clarkson: clarksonathletics.com. The link is on the schedule slider.

St. Lawrence: www.stlawu.edu and follow the links to athletics.

Both games are free.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
                    Uhh autocorrect?....
                    Oh wow, my definite bad. Why didn't spellcheck pick that up to alert me? I feel like a bigot now, maybe even a little like Trump. Nah, I'm not that bad but still....

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Both games are free.
                      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Both games are free.
                        I just looked at both sites and the clarkson game does not appear to have video feed. The St. Lawrence game says that you have to buy a ticket to watch. Did I do something wrong?

Comment

I just looked at both sites and the clarkson game does not appear to have video feed. The St. Lawrence game says that you have to buy a ticket to watch. Did I do something wrong?
                          No. The students are on a fall break that weekend. But normally a crew stays behind to do the games. I have to check.

SLU is charging?? What?!?!
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Lockwood article. Is this a possible hint at Captain?

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...wood-Hopes.php

Comment

Clarkson has said they are web casting.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

[QUOTE=joecct;6532409]No. The students are on a fall break that weekend. But normally a crew stays behind to do the games. I have to check.

SLU is charging?? What?!?![/QUOTE

I don't believe SLU is charging, unless one watches an archived video of a game. Please be aware, though, that SLU doesn't have video replay. There is no center ice scoreboard, as the roof at Appleton (a rink that was built in 1951, but is beautiful and with great sight lines) is too low.

UM and PSU fans heading to the NC: enjoy your trip. You will be surprised when you see the football field (not fields). SLU's seats 1,500-2,000 and CCT doesn't have football. SLU Football is at Union on Sat.

I really enjoyed my trip to PSU with five other SLU fans two seasons ago. Will go there again in a heartbeat.
                                Last edited by Muskieman; 10-02-2017, 11:24 PM.
                                GO SAINTS.

Comment

Working...
                                X