Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Academic issues to me means that he doesn't want to be there either. Not a Mike Brown kind of not wanting the be there but still. Of course this is just a theory, I have no idea. And I am not going to die for it, just throwing it out there. Your reasoning sounds plausible as well.
    He had Mono, which pretty much forced him to have a really bad semester. It wasn't a lack of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      He had Mono, which pretty much forced him to have a really bad semester. It wasn't a lack of interest.
      Sounds legit. I still say he looks disassociated from the team, but I only see him on the ice during games so I know nothing.
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I'll take the win last night, but it was pretty ugly. Plenty of teaching moments. Our speed kept the bigger Devils off balance and jumping out 4-1 made them relax. Bad thing to do when you start taking penalties and your PK is 76%. Doesn't help when your PP stinks, too. I think Hayden was fighting it all night, but made some good saves at the end to preserve the game. Now the dreaded senior night game.

Nice of Sanchez to show up finally. 2nd & 3rd goals of the year. He has been a major disappointment.

Two things came out of last night:

1. Michigan locks up 3rd place and will either take on PSU or Wisconsin IMO. Minnesota could fall to 5th but I don't see Wisconsin beating OSU. Stranger things have happened.

2. Michigan remains 11th in the PWR. This is pretty fluid, so winning will be the remedy from dropping, especially with the conference tourneys coming up.

Comment

Mel could see that it was a terrible game, too- my wife could hear him yelling at the team.

Hard to pinpoint what was wrong, but for most of the game, they took ASU way too lightly. After the first goal, they got their heads together, and put up those 4. But even after the 3rd goal, you could detect a drop off. And then the Sun Devils really put some work in to make it close. They are a good team, but not really sticking to people like a bad gum on your shoe to win a lot of games. They can, too- they looked a lot better than other first couple year programs. More like how PSU started. Which is a way to say that ASU would make a decent addition to the B1G as an affiliate.

Gotta take tonight to solidify an at large bid before the B1G tournament.

And don't forget to stay for senior night.

Comment

Mel could see that it was a terrible game, too- my wife could hear him yelling at the team.

Hard to pinpoint what was wrong, but for most of the game, they took ASU way too lightly. After the first goal, they got their heads together, and put up those 4. But even after the 3rd goal, you could detect a drop off. And then the Sun Devils really put some work in to make it close. They are a good team, but not really sticking to people like a bad gum on your shoe to win a lot of games. They can, too- they looked a lot better than other first couple year programs. More like how PSU started. Which is a way to say that ASU would make a decent addition to the B1G as an affiliate.

Gotta take tonight to solidify an at large bid before the B1G tournament.

And don't forget to stay for senior night.
            Peeking over at the Sun Devil thread, they are getting one of their better forwards back (presume suspension from the MTU thing last weekend) and will play with confidence. I'm glad Mel lit a fire, but it will help if we stay out of the box- especially with the young rabbit earred officials this weekend.

Comment

Pretty much the same game tonight as last night. But they won, and we get to host the Badgers next weekend.

Anyone going to the banquet tomorrow?

Comment

I think it's pretty interesting you guys are now tied with Minnesota for 9th in Pairwise. The B1G has 4 teams in the top 10 nationally and 5 of our 6 teams in the top 13.
                You may feel your team isn't where you want it to be but I think it speaks well for our conference that nearly all our teams are ranked where they are going into the postseason.
                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-24-2018, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  I think it's pretty interesting you guys are now tied with Minnesota for 9th in Pairwise. The B1G has 4 teams in the top 10 nationally and 5 of our 6 teams in the top 13.
                  You may feel your team isn't where you want it to be but I think it speaks well for our conference that nearly all our teams are ranked where they are going into the postseason.
                  You're forgetting about sparty, that's OK as everyone does...
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Is it wrong of me for wanting to go over to the minny thread and lay down a big LOL? How are they still ranked?

Comment

Pretty much the same game tonight as last night. But they won, and we get to host the Badgers next weekend.

Anyone going to the banquet tomorrow?
                      Wish I could, but other plans were laid for a certain fan's birthday. Good to see you and the wife, Eric. I think I also nabbed a new Yostie- she had a great time.

Comment

Is it wrong of me for wanting to go over to the minny thread and lay down a big LOL? How are they still ranked?
                        Minnesota may appear to be overrated, but they always seem to play a strong non-conference schedule which helps- plus our league was stronger this season.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          Wish I could, but other plans were laid for a certain fan's birthday. Good to see you and the wife, Eric. I think I also nabbed a new Yostie- she had a great time.
                          Awesome! Always good to hear new people get excited about being at Yost.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            It's nice that, so far, the B1G is finally living up to expectations. It would be easy to give all the credit to Notre Dame, but most had a great non-conference result. Minnesota's is why they remained in the top 10 so long, all the while they've been pass in the B1G by most of the teams. That helps all of us.

As for our team, it's both better and worse than we all expected. It kind of showed the struggles that Red had in the last few years that it's taken so long for them to really play solidly and be the more dominant team. But it's so nice to see them do well this late in the season.

Comment

You're forgetting about sparty, that's OK as everyone does...
                              Actually I didn't, they're who I meant when I said NEARLY all our teams. Just didn't mention them by name as it seemed to be kicking them when they're down though a lot of people wouldn't have issue with that.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                                Minnesota may appear to be overrated, but they always seem to play a strong non-conference schedule which helps- plus our league was stronger this season.
                                Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they finish in 5th place in the B1G?

Comment

Working...
                                X