University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Quinn Hughes is discussed in this article (also Jeff Tambellini for fans for over 15 years).

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey...ise-for-hughes
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

The fad is back....

https://247sports.com/college/michig...iganWolverines
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
        The fad never really went away. The shocking part is that we seem to be playing outside more than anyone one else.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          The fad never really went away. The shocking part is that we seem to be playing outside more than anyone one else.
          First let's recognize that it is indeed a fad. Then we must consider that for the most part just hockey fans will not fill up the stadium (except in Minnesota but they're weird). Obviously that means casual fans of the school and alumni fill up the rest/majority of the stadium. Who then would be the most lucrative school to get an outdoor game with? Michigan. Who would be the second most attractive school to have in an outdoor game? Notre Dame. There's your answer.

Comment

Lame. Then again, I was unable to get tickets for Michigan hockey in South Bend this past season, so this allows for many more available tickets. However, I've been to my fill of games at Notre Dame stadium and outdoor hockey games. My only question is, are the tall, arm-swinging, kilt-wearing guys going to be on the sidelines like at football?
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G
            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
            2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              Lame. Then again, I was unable to get tickets for Michigan hockey in South Bend this past season, so this allows for many more available tickets. However, I've been to my fill of games at Notre Dame stadium and outdoor hockey games. My only question is, are the tall, arm-swinging, kilt-wearing guys going to be on the sidelines like at football?
              Which is why I think Michigan is a bad choice anymore. BTDT, way too many times. Michigan fans have had so many chances to see a hockey game outdoors, I wonder if they will find more than a handful that will go to SB. For sure, less than a game at Yost.

(actually, I have been to only one, and that was enough)

Comment

Which is why I think Michigan is a bad choice anymore. BTDT, way too many times. Michigan fans have had so many chances to see a hockey game outdoors, I wonder if they will find more than a handful that will go to SB. For sure, less than a game at Yost.

(actually, I have been to only one, and that was enough)
                Unfortunately Michigan will undoubtedly have ample representation in South Bend. Michigan fans/alumni are extremely loyal and will undoubtedly show up, not enough to fill the place but I'm still guessing that it will be in significant. Now I am hoping for a less than sell-out crowd so they won't do these things as much but the players like the games so it is what it is. As a fan though they definitely leave something to be desired. We're just too far away from the action IMHO. That's part of the reason why I love Yost so much, even the "bad" seats are close to the ice.

To follow up on a previous post of mine it is just a matter of time before Michigan has to go to Beaver Stadium and take on the Slip'slidding JoePa's.

Comment

Unfortunately Michigan will undoubtedly have ample representation in South Bend. Michigan fans/alumni are extremely loyal and will undoubtedly show up, not enough to fill the place but I'm still guessing that it will be in significant. Now I am hoping for a less than sell-out crowd so they won't do these things as much but the players like the games so it is what it is. As a fan though they definitely leave something to be desired. We're just too far away from the action IMHO. That's part of the reason why I love Yost so much, even the "bad" seats are close to the ice.

To follow up on a previous post of mine it is just a matter of time before Michigan has to go to Beaver Stadium and take on the Slip'slidding JoePa's.
                  Having so many people at Michigan Stadium for that game- I would be surprised if a lot of casual fans went to SB to see a hockey game. It has zero appeal to me, and I've been a season ticket holder since 1990. BTDT.

Comment

Having so many people at Michigan Stadium for that game- I would be surprised if a lot of casual fans went to SB to see a hockey game. It has zero appeal to me, and I've been a season ticket holder since 1990. BTDT.
                    Yes, but keep in mind those of us posting here are Michigan hockey fans and would rather have a good view of the game than be part of a spectacle. There are plenty of casual Michigan fans who may not go to any other hockey games during the year, but will see this one as a must attend event.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

But it's Notre Dame, that's why they'll go there. Also there are a lot of Michigan grads in Chicago which is not far.

Comment

Anyone know what happened with Matt Trevor? His position as Director of Hockey Operations is listed as "to be announced" on the Michigan Hockey website.
                        The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                          Anyone know what happened with Matt Trevor? His position as Director of Hockey Operations is listed as "to be announced" on the Michigan Hockey website.
                          I'll have to try to send him an email... If he leaves, that would come as a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                            I like Matt Trevor, and I'm not just saying that because he helped my friends and I get out of our obstructed view seats at St. Lawrence to be right behind the Michigan bench.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              I like Matt Trevor, and I'm not just saying that because he helped my friends and I get out of our obstructed view seats at St. Lawrence to be right behind the Michigan bench.
                              However I am sure that helped.

Comment

Pardon the interruption...

The BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, WI is liquidating some of the various artifacts they have acquired through the years. One of the items is a Michigan jersey signed by the team.

I would guess this is from 1997 when Michigan appeared in the Frozen Four at the BC. A quick look at the pictures shows a "Marty Turco 35" right under the collar, so that would back up that timeline.

Take a look and see if this is something you might want to add to your collection.

LINK

Comment

Working...
                                X