Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Not sure who will start in net. Mel saw something in LaFontaine, but he was pulled mid-game Saturday.

Also, Wisconsin may be better than most think- they seem to be playing really well. For now, as we see the team adjust to the new scheme, I'm hoping for a spit.
    I am far from a goalie-guru but I saw something in Jack as well even with my limited exposure to him. But Saturday night was just an off night for the kid. IMHO Mel pulled him after 1 as not to destroy his confidence. To me that means that Jack will be back in there Friday night. Hayden played pretty well coming in cold though (although he did have ample time at intermission to at least stretch).

Wiscy beat sparty handley on Friday but then was blanked Saturday. I asked over on the sparty board who was better, Wiscy or Minny and received mixed reviews.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      As others have said, Pastujov played for Michigan last night. Ashbrook was playing for Lincoln.
      They have now changed the Lincoln box score to Ashbrook.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have had season tickets for 25 years on the glass at the blue line across from the home bench.
        The visiting team shoots on this end during the 1st & 3rd periods so I get a good view of our goalie.

IMHO both Lafontaine and Lavigne have not yet looked comfortable since they arrived.
        Their perceived uncomfortable/tentative play is the biggest thing they need to work on and get over.
        That little split second hesitancy has cost both of them dearly.
        Last edited by JoeZ; 11-19-2017, 01:37 PM.
        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
        Row 1
        Seats 6 & 7
        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
          I have had season tickets on the glass at the blue line across from the home bench.
          The visiting team shoots on this end during the 1st & 3rd periods so I get a good view of our goalie.

IMHO both Lafontaine and Lavigne have not yet looked comfortable since they arrived.
          Their perceived uncomfortable/tentative play is the biggest thing they need to work on and get over.
          That little split second hesitancy has cost both of them dearly.
          As previously stated I AM NOT a goalie guru however I agree with your assessment JoeZ. I guess the only thing that I can say is that they're young (both Sophomores), hopefully at least one will run with the #1 goaltender spot. My hope was that it was going to be LaFontaine. Well as we saw Saturday he may not be ready yet. Well, I'm fairly confident Mel will work it all out.
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

A weekend of hockey and football vs. Badgers. Have a friend going to the hockey game tonight and football tomorrow. Hopefully she sees some wins.

How do we think we'll do? Wisconsin hockey is a bit of a mystery to me. They seem like they can play well, and then they have some bad days.
            I'll be happy if we get 2 out of 3 wins between hockey & football.

Go Blue!
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G
            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
            2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              A weekend of hockey and football vs. Badgers. Have a friend going to the hockey game tonight and football tomorrow. Hopefully she sees some wins.

How do we think we'll do? Wisconsin hockey is a bit of a mystery to me. They seem like they can play well, and then they have some bad days.

Go Blue!
              If we got 2 out of three- I would be ecstatic. That would mean the FB team wins a game most people think they wont OR that the hockey team sweeps Wisconsin on the road.

Anything more than 1 would be pretty nice at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                If we got 2 out of three- I would be ecstatic. That would mean the FB team wins a game most people think they wont OR that the hockey team sweeps Wisconsin on the road.

Anything more than 1 would be pretty nice at this point.
                This.
                Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Go Blue!
                  2 out of 3 would please me. Of course I want 3 out of 3 but I also need to be a realist. A hockey split along with a football victory is what I expect though.

Comment

https://***********/nmoyle27

and

Any news about Quinn Hughes' younger brother Jack? Everything that I'm hearing is that we're trying hard to get him here but nothing official yet.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=305432

Comment

Our Wolverines let me down this weekend. I knew 2 games (out of 3 for hockey & football) was a stretch goal, but I thought it was attainable. Up until Peterson was hurt in the football game.
                      Alas, we return from Madison with 2 points from the weekend of hockey, putting us in the middle of the Big Ten conference standings. This weekend we host the *eyes in football and hockey.

OSU is 1-3 in conference play with a pair of loses to Notre Dame and a split at Wisconsin. Those are the only decent teams they've faced.

After the last home weekend vs. Minnesota, I thought we had a top half of the conference team. I think this weekend's games will give us a clearer picture if that's true.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G
                      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                      2 Alaskan

Comment

Our Wolverines let me down this weekend. I knew 2 games (out of 3 for hockey & football) was a stretch goal, but I thought it was attainable. Up until Peterson was hurt in the football game.
                        Alas, we return from Madison with 2 points from the weekend of hockey, putting us in the middle of the Big Ten conference standings. This weekend we host the *eyes in football and hockey.

OSU is 1-3 in conference play with a pair of loses to Notre Dame and a split at Wisconsin. Those are the only decent teams they've faced.

After the last home weekend vs. Minnesota, I thought we had a top half of the conference team. I think this weekend's games will give us a clearer picture if that's true.
                        What is parking going to look like this weekend? Will we be able to park by the Basketball Arena on Friday? im sure we wont on Saturday

Comment

Ugh....

That was ugly.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbXYWaz-SFA

Comment

This weekend never happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                                This weekend never happened.
                                All a dream huh lol. Mel was pretty harsh on the team during his interview with the radio guys last night. Basically said they only played 1 period all weekend and they will work this week because they decided not to work against Ohio State. He did give Ohio State credit.

Comment

Working...
                                X