Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Thanks wT and jim.

I just put our tickets up for sale, listed them in the ticket section (ncaa ticket exchange)- C37, row 2, seats 12, 13.

Comment

Sorry to hear. I'll miss talking with you on the concourse. Hope the injury heals quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by beerman View Post
        Sorry to hear. I'll miss talking with you on the concourse. Hope the injury heals quickly.
        And we missed you all last year- it's always great to run into you- and I KNOW you will have more fun this time, with your team in the FF!! Party like it's 1998!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Looks like we may not be coming now. An injury has really caused some issues with mobility and pain, so we are looking to sell everything and take the monetary loss.
          Aww man that sucks. If I hadn't already bought my tickets I'd buy yours. I hope that you get better quickly. Look for me on TV!
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I'm getting excited. We fly out tonight.

Just found out my cousin's kid is traveling with the hockey band. Made me reminisce. He's a sophomore. My first ever Frozen Four was my sophomore year, in St. Paul. Hopefully the team has a better result then they did 16 years ago.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              I'm getting excited. We fly out tonight.

Just found out my cousin's kid is traveling with the hockey band. Made me reminisce. He's a sophomore. My first ever Frozen Four was my sophomore year, in St. Paul. Hopefully the team has a better result then they did 16 years ago.
              Glad you're going to make it WT. If OSU advances I'm driving up so if I'm there and you see me be sure to say hi!
              Almost feel compelled to go, UMICH wants HIS beer now! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                Glad you're going to make it WT. If OSU advances I'm driving up so if I'm there and you see me be sure to say hi!
                Almost feel compelled to go, UMICH wants HIS beer now! LOL!
                Skip work, start driving. Get there for Thursday. How often does your team make the frozen four?
                I'll be sure to say hi if I see you. I enjoyed meeting you in Columbus.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  Skip work, start driving. Get there for Thursday. How often does your team make the frozen four?
                  I'll be sure to say hi if I see you. I enjoyed meeting you in Columbus.
                  Sound advise but this trip is going have to be on the slimmest of budgets so no hotel, there & back drive if we advance. (Need to save enough money for UMICH's beer!)

Best of luck against the Irish!

Comment

Having been born and raised in the Peoples Republic of Ann Arbor, it's physically impossible for me to root for OSU or Notre Dame. And because the NCHC left the WCHA for dead, I can't back any of those schools either. And since U of M is in Michigan and your coach played at Tech while I was a student, I'm cheering for Michigan to win it all.

IMHO, y'all need to stop wearing all of that maize gear and go back to blue. It's hard to hear "Go Blue" coming from a sea of yellow...
                    Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 04-05-2018, 02:44 PM.
                    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                    Abe Lincoln

Comment

Ouch! We Tech fans feel your pain. ND certainly has a lot of puck luck this postseason...
                      "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                      Abe Lincoln

Comment

What a heartbreaking way to end a season.

Especially given a game that winnable, you lose it with less than 10 seconds to go.

Still, this team did much better than all of us anticipated, so we should be very happy for them to get this far. This will take a while for the sting to go away.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          What a heartbreaking way to end a season.

Especially given a game that winnable, you lose it with less than 10 seconds to go.

Still, this team did much better than all of us anticipated, so we should be very happy for them to get this far. This will take a while for the sting to go away.
                          Oh man. You hit the nail on the head.
                          Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Well I was rooting for you guys. I was hoping for us to play you for the title, would have been fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                              Ouch! We Tech fans feel your pain. ND certainly has a lot of puck luck this postseason...
                              Troll alert! (this is your first and final warning)

UM's second goal wasn't puck luck?

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                                Troll alert! (this is your first and final warning)

UM's second goal wasn't puck luck?
                                It think it's fair to "complain" that ND's 3rd and 4th goal had a degree of puck luck, whereas our 2nd had it. So, in theory, that's a little more puck luck for ND than us.

But a more realistic point is that Notre Dame had 2 players that went all 60 min, when it really mattered. We had 3 guys available to cover two, and it didn't quite work out. So Notre Dame really fought for that luck to even matter. They really earned it. Which sucks to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X