University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Anyone else notice how no one got the "Home Improvement" theme song during "90's TV theme song trivia" in the student section about 45 minutes before puck drop? Or maybe they did, I don't know as the "answer" that they said it was was incorrect. Did anyone catch that? And I'm at a loss on today's youth when it took them almost an entire minute to get Saved By The Bell. They even had 2 wrong answers AFTER the title was mentioned in the song.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

A not so good loss tonight. Wisconsin did a good job of getting some early ugly goals, then their goalie made some really good saves, and the mountain was too much to come back from.

And, while they were ahead 4-0, Wisconsin did not say much, but man, again, once it got close, they were WHINING every time the whistle blew. It got tiresome. Even when they got a penalty called on Michigan, they were *****ing to the refs. Not sure why they do that. They deserved to win and i thought they played the overall better series this weekend, but man, they need to just play hockey and quit *****ing so much.
      Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Originally posted by kjaskolski View Post
        A not so good loss tonight. Wisconsin did a good job of getting some early ugly goals, then their goalie made some really good saves, and the mountain was too much to come back from.

And, while they were ahead 4-0, Wisconsin did not say much, but man, again, once it got close, they were WHINING every time the whistle blew. It got tiresome. Even when they got a penalty called on Michigan, they were *****ing to the refs. Not sure why they do that. They deserved to win and i thought they played the overall better series this weekend, but man, they need to just play hockey and quit *****ing so much.
        Exactly, crying about being down a man while they were on the penalty kill was the topper. I hate to blame a loss on the refs but... We also couldn't finish multiple times. I just looked at the Box Score and it seemed MUCH MORE one-sided than that. I guess that is the homer in me...
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

We had no puck luck last night. They had more than one very open chance to net the first goal, but that was tough.

Then to let in some rather easy goals, very disheartening.

Tough to come back from.

Add in we were 1” off with the puck all night. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            We had no puck luck last night. They had more than one very open chance to net the first goal, but that was tough.

Then to let in some rather easy goals, very disheartening.

Tough to come back from.

Add in we were 1” off with the puck all night. Ugh.
            You must admit that Michigan had their chances. They just couldn't capitalize on them.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              You must admit that Michigan had their chances. They just couldn't capitalize on them.
              And that's why we had no puck luck. There were totally open looks at the back of the net, but we could not get it there.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                And that's why we had no puck luck. There were totally open looks at the back of the net, but we could not get it there.
                I wouldn't credit that to the lack of "puck luck", I'd credit to a lack of assertiveness by the team. Puck luck is bounces/breaks...

Comment

Why can't we score?

Comment

Got an e-mail about playoff tickets from the athletic department. I realize that our standing right now, we could theoretically host.

It doesn't look good to me. We only have this weekend to earn more conference points, and we face Notre Dame. If we can get a split that would be awesome.
                    Then, the following weekend, we host Arizona State while the rest of the conference has a chance at up to 6 more conference points.

My understanding of the format is Notre Dame gets a buy the first weekend (they're at 50 points, with the next closest, OSU, at 37 and only 12 points left available). Then teams 2, 3, 4 will host teams 5, 6, 7. We currently sit at 3rd with 32 points. Nipping at our heels and with games in hand are Minnesota, Wisconsin, Penn State with 29, 28, and 25 points respectively. Then, going on the road and finishing last in the conference, unless they win out and PSU gets no more than 2 points, are our friends in East Lansing.

So, yes, there is a possibility we host, but I think it is more likely we'll be on the road. Hopefully we manage to get some points this weekend.

What do others think?
                    Either way big games this weekend with the chance for both conference points and quality wins for pairwise.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                      Got an e-mail about playoff tickets from the athletic department. I realize that our standing right now, we could theoretically host.

It doesn't look good to me. We only have this weekend to earn more conference points, and we face Notre Dame. If we can get a split that would be awesome.
                      Then, the following weekend, we host Arizona State while the rest of the conference has a chance at up to 6 more conference points.

My understanding of the format is Notre Dame gets a buy the first weekend (they're at 50 points, with the next closest, OSU, at 37 and only 12 points left available). Then teams 2, 3, 4 will host teams 5, 6, 7. We currently sit at 3rd with 32 points. Nipping at our heels and with games in hand are Minnesota, Wisconsin, Penn State with 29, 28, and 25 points respectively. Then, going on the road and finishing last in the conference, unless they win out and PSU gets no more than 2 points, are our friends in East Lansing.

So, yes, there is a possibility we host, but I think it is more likely we'll be on the road. Hopefully we manage to get some points this weekend.

What do others think?
                      Either way big games this weekend with the chance for both conference points and quality wins for pairwise.
                      Who do minny, bucky, and Penn State play? ND is tough but we played them closely earlier in the year so I see winning at least one hopefully.

Comment

Who do minny, bucky, and Penn State play? ND is tough but we played them closely earlier in the year so I see winning at least one hopefully.
                        Minnesota plays Ohio State and At Penn State
                        Wisconsin has bye and then at Ohio State
                        Penn State plays At MSU and vs Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                          Minnesota plays Ohio State and At Penn State
                          Wisconsin has bye and then at Ohio State
                          Penn State plays At MSU and vs Minnesota
                          Yea after I asked that question I got off my lazy butt and looked. Thanks though. I tell ya, it's going to be difficult to pull for both ohio state and sparty this weekend. Then rooting for ohio state again next weekend as well as Penn State and minny splitting...

Comment

I tell ya, it's going to be difficult to pull for both ohio state and sparty this weekend. Then rooting for ohio state again next weekend as well as Penn State and minny splitting...
                            You can do it, I've got faith in you!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              You can do it, I've got faith in you!
                              I'll feel dirty...

Comment

I'll feel dirty...
                                You're not the only one, there's one sport at UM I come up for and wear Maize & Blue. Feels like cross dressing!

Comment

Working...
                                X