Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    I didn't notice Sam Piazza out there- was he playing? I somewhat expected him to be one of the captains.
    Piazza didn't play either night.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      Piazza didn't play either night.
      Found out from anther board that he was sick. Should be ready next week against Vermont.

Comment

I hope Sam is ready. One of the parents told us he has mono. Don't know what stage he is in. I am with you. I expect he will be named Captain when he returns. Tony will certainly get an A as he handled Captain duties both games. Assume second A will go to a Junior or Soph.
        The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Found out from anther board that he was sick. Should be ready next week against Vermont.
          I have no idea of the exact situation but we do not want Mono to go around the locker room. That would suck more than Saturday night....
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            I have no idea of the exact situation but we do not want Mono to go around the locker room. That would suck more than Saturday night....
            Being an engineer, Sam should do an analysis to find the real source of the mono bug that seems to never go away from the hockey team.

Comment

Being an engineer, Sam should do an analysis to find the real source of the mono bug that seems to never go away from the hockey team.
              Of course I haven't been in school for quite some time so I have no idea where the hockey house is located but back in my day it was near the Women's Gymnastics house so...

I guess I'm thinking find out what other teams have Mono going around and I'm willin to bet that Sam "interacted" with one, unless of course he went rogue for a night...
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Mel said on his radio show last night that the team has voted on captains and the coaching staff is evaluating everyone to see if they agree with the team. He said captains will be announced before the Vermont games. Al Randall suggested Mel make the announcement on the radio show next Tuesday so be sure to tune in!
                The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                  Mel said on his radio show last night that the team has voted on captains and the coaching staff is evaluating everyone to see if they agree with the team. He said captains will be announced before the Vermont games. Al Randall suggested Mel make the announcement on the radio show next Tuesday so be sure to tune in!
                  Who was the captain for the first couple games if they didn't have one set yet?
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Who was the captain for the first couple games if they didn't have one set yet?
                    Tony Calderone, Senior forward, took the in game duties, but no letter on his jersey.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                      Tony Calderone, Senior forward, took the in game duties, but no letter on his jersey.
                      Interesting. Never heard of a team doing that...always have them figured out in the spring.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Interesting. Never heard of a team doing that...always have them figured out in the spring.
                        Mel is a new old coach here, if that makes sense (you know the back-story so it makes sense). He didn't know the team yet. My unqualified opinion is that letters will arrive right before the first league game, if they ever do.

Comment

Mel is a new old coach here, if that makes sense (you know the back-story so it makes sense). He didn't know the team yet. My unqualified opinion is that letters will arrive right before the first league game, if they ever do.
                          That was exactly my guess.
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

That was exactly my guess.
                            Oh no, we agree on something...

Comment

Does anyone know anything about Vermont?

Comment

Does anyone know anything about Vermont?
                                Well a brief search it looks as if they are relatively young. They also look streaky, they can shut you out one night and then lose the next. Their goalie looks worldly at times and average at others (I'm thinking Montoya in 2004). I'm going to predict a split but still hope for a sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X